Create Account

Lallo Selman Reveals 5 Teams He Wouldn't Mind Playing For

theathletic.com, Lallo Selman Reveals 5 Teams He Wouldn't Mind Playing For
by: Mark Lazerus, The Athletic Chicago

There's nothing more fun for hockey fans than getting the inside scoop on where players want to play and places they may be headed to when they leave their current team, unless the player leaving plays for your favourite team of course. During the recent lockout we had a sit-down with Lallo Selman and while the Syndicate's young star has no plans to leave the windy city when his contract expires after S52, we made him rank his top 5 SHL destinations anyways to get an idea of where he could end up in free agency if he ever does leave or where he'd waive his no trade clause to go since his current contract has a full no trade clause. Here's what the sophomore winger had to say about the 5 teams he wouldn't mind playing for at some point in his career.

1. Chicago Syndicate
[Image: syndicate-banner.png]
I don't think this one will really shock anyone but I'm really happy right now in Chicago, last season was a difficult one for all of us especially since we got off to a really good start and then ended up completely falling apart and missing the playoffs. Had you asked me at the start of the SHL playoffs I may not have been as comfortable with my number one option but we've worked hard this off season to make sure that last season's disappointment isn't repeated in S51, adding Maksimov, Dude and Robert will be big for us to get ourselves back into the playoffs this season but the best part about the situation in Chicago is our outlook for the future. With my good friend Corey Kennedy signing an extension in the offseason, not only do we have our franchise defenseman locked down but one of the best parts of our locker room and my favourite person from my time with Chicago and Anaheim is staying. To add to that we have a nice young core made up of players who I enjoy being teammates with like Daniel Smeb, Martijn Westbroek, Nick Connolly, Ryan Shepard, Tibuk Soonika and Akira Ren. Of course, I can't forget our two resident clowns Jules Watt and Cameron Carter II who also make Chicago a fun place to be. For now I'm happy in Chicago and don't see myself going anywhere so it has to fall at number 1.

2. Minnesota Chiefs
[Image: Minnesota.png]
If I ever left Chicago, Minnesota would probably be my landing spot. In fact with their current team the only way I wouldn't end up on Minnesota if I would make the decision to leave Chicago would be if one of the 3 teams below them on this list blows me away or if they simply decide not to offer me a contract. There's much to love about Minnesota, their roster may not be in the best shape right now but they have a lot of good young pieces and I have no doubts that it'll all come together for them in about 3-4 seasons. As for why I'd want to play there? Well the list is long really, for starters, they have 3 of my former Outlaws teammates who I enjoyed playing with a lot. In fact only Chicago has more of my S47 Four Star Cup winning teammates with 4 in total. These 3 players Collin Gibbles, Mathias Seger and Noah Tedla are 3 of the biggest reasons why I like Minnesota so much but it doesn't end there. They have my Switzerland roommate and favourite Swiss teammate Daniel Bischoff as well as my other Swiss teammate, their goalie of the future Markus Tegernako. If all that isn't enough we can add my former Stampede teammate God McZehrl to the list as well as Noah Gallagher who I know very well since my agent Brandon Donini was teammates with his agent John McBride on the Winnipeg Jets. As long as this group stays together the Chiefs would be an extremely attractive destination for me if I were to ever leave Chicago.

3. Buffalo Stampede
[Image: Buffalo.png]
This one might be the first shocker on my list since I was traded from there just two seasons ago after informing Stampede management that I'd be testing free agency when my ELC expired at the conclusion of S49 but the truth is that I left the team on good terms, they knew about my decision early on and were able to find a solution where I was traded to one of my top destinations for a reasonable return and they were able to avoid losing me for nothing. I'm still in contact with their GMs so I know that they felt the same way about the situation. The truth is while I did choose to leave the Stampede it was mostly for a change of scenery and a chance to show that I can play a big role in the SHL and not because I had any specific problems with the team. I wouldn't mind sharing a locker room again with some of my old Buffalo teammates like Nicolaj Muller, Victor Marius, Alexander Selich, Tatu Makela, Hippo Passamus and Money D. Luffy who were some of my favourite teammates while on the Stampede even if I didn't fit in with the group as a whole. They've also added Nicholas Owens since then who I know from Anaheim as well as Cassius Darrow and Poopity Scoop both of which my agent has told me good things about. There's also the fact that their GMs are so good that the team is literally always competitive, they seem to always have the roster of a Cup contender with the prospect pool of a rebuilding team. Bottom line, they're not as high on my list as Chicago or Minnesota but if ever they had an offer for me I'd definitely be listening to what they have to say.

4. Tampa Bay Barracuda
[Image: barracuda-banner.png]
The Barracuda were a little higher on my list last season but the recent departure of Kaspars Claude knocked them down a little. The loss of Claude aside, the Barracuda remain a very interesting destination for me. They have Gunnar Soderberg who I know well from my time in the juniors and would love to have the chance to play with some day. There's also their star forward Flacko Lagerfield who I know very well and would also love to share a team with. Anthony Archer is a player I know from my time in Anaheim, though he's a little more quiet and my agent has a working relationship with Matt Kholin and has told me really good things about him. As far as individual players go, they have less players that I know than the 3 teams ahead of them but they still have enough players that I like to make them a good option and they have a great GM who knows how to put a team together so I know they'll be able to be competitive if I were to play there.

5. San Francisco Pride
[Image: sfpride-banner.png]
Last but not least is the San Francisco Pride. The Pride might be a bit of a more surprising one on the list since I don't really know many players on the team, in fact I only really know my former Outlaws teammate Yoshimitsu McCloud but I'd be open to getting to know the players in San Francisco and playing there without knowing a whole lot about the team. The brand is what makes it for me, as a gay SHL player I'd like to play in San Francisco at some point before retiring even if it's only for one season, maybe I'll go there and realize that I'm better off leaving right away or maybe I'll end up liking it and staying but at some point I'll be a Pride player, it's just a question of which stage in my career will it be.

This article is sure to spark speculation on Selman's future but like he told us when making his list, he's happy with his current situation in Chicago and has no plans to leave in the immediate future, it's still interesting to get a look at which SHL teams he likes the most and which destinations he could potentially end up in one day if he were to ever leave Chicago.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

San Francisco is pretty neat and I do think that if you join us, you'll probably end up not wanting to leave. I'm pretty sure I won't leave there any time soon myself, in all fairness.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Bruh I was on the Stampede the entire time you were a prospect lmao

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

lalo come back

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Really happy that we were able to find a trade with CHI since they were on top of your list! Who knows what the future holds. Hoping that Selman becomes the HoF player you envision him to be.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

11-26-2019, 02:03 PMhhh81 Wrote: Bruh I was on the Stampede the entire time you were a prospect lmao

yea but I didn’t know you as well as now

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

11-26-2019, 03:12 PMBDonini Wrote:
11-26-2019, 02:03 PMhhh81 Wrote: Bruh I was on the Stampede the entire time you were a prospect lmao

yea but I didn’t know you as well as now
Fair

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Yeet

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Blush

[Image: 3.png]

Sello Lolman

RETIRED