Create Account

What worries you about switching to FHM?

11-30-2019, 02:22 AMToivo Wrote:
11-28-2019, 05:58 PMSegi Wrote: The same will likely happen if they decide to stay on STHS. A lot of people who have suboptimal builds, will just retire and recreate as the meta build. If we switch the engine, people will most likely get to reapply most or all of their tpe, so there isn't that big of a reason to recreate.

Doubtful we'd have any exodus for sticking with an engine that has worked for 50 seasons.

Not an exodus, but a lot of recreations of players who don't have the meta build and stand to suck more and more when the league fills up with snipers.

But a lot of people will get bored when they can just chose between 1 forward and 1 defensman build over time, me included. Stuff happened and flaws in the engine that worked for 50 seasons were exposed that change how we look at it. You're saying, you can just keep driving a car that crashed recently, because you've been driving it for 10 years.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

11-30-2019, 04:38 AMSegi Wrote:
11-30-2019, 02:22 AMToivo Wrote: Doubtful we'd have any exodus for sticking with an engine that has worked for 50 seasons.

Not an exodus, but a lot of recreations of players who don't have the meta build and stand to suck more and more when the league fills up with snipers.

But a lot of people will get bored when they can just chose between 1 forward and 1 defensman build over time, me included. Stuff happened and flaws in the engine that worked for 50 seasons were exposed that change how we look at it. You're saying, you can just keep driving a car that crashed recently, because you've been driving it for 10 years.

More like the car got a flat and he thinks it's fine to just drive forever on the donut tire instead of getting the actual whee repaired.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

11-30-2019, 07:23 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-30-2019, 04:38 AMSegi Wrote: Not an exodus, but a lot of recreations of players who don't have the meta build and stand to suck more and more when the league fills up with snipers.

More like the car got a flat and he thinks it's fine to just drive forever on the donut tire instead of getting the actual whee repaired.

You want to replace the whole car instead of just fixing the wheel

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

11-30-2019, 11:47 AMSymmetrik Wrote:
11-30-2019, 07:23 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: More like the car got a flat and he thinks it's fine to just drive forever on the donut tire instead of getting the actual whee repaired.

he really should’ve compared it to engine failure instead of a flat tire smh

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-30-2019, 11:47 AMSymmetrik Wrote:
11-30-2019, 07:23 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: More like the car got a flat and he thinks it's fine to just drive forever on the donut tire instead of getting the actual whee repaired.

@WannabeFinn is right I should've said an engine, but no I was thinking the sim is a tire, the forum is another tire, discord is another tire, etc. But yeah the engine makes more sense.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

Are we thinking of switching to FHM 5 or 6?

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

12-03-2019, 05:05 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: Are we thinking of switching to FHM 5 or 6?

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

just a question related to progression here, if @caltroit_red_flames or any other of the boys/girls want to answer it i'd be really interested in hearing a response to this b/c this is a bit of a concern to me.

FHM's progression values go up to 20 correct?

if so, how do we plan to keep progression engaging at a high level? Obviously when a player hits ~10 or so in a category then the amount of progession that will happen will be slowed considerably. I fear that players who like looking into the sim and seeing their players progress will be disappointed and discouraged if it takes a long amount of time to A) progress a certain attribute, or B) not be able to see any change in an attribute while they are upgrading it. For example, currently it takes about 110 TPE to get from 90 - > 99 in a category right now. Do we have any idea what that same kind of progression would look like in FHM? Like a 15 - > 20 level? Or is that something we are looking to tackle a little further down the road.

Personally, I like seeing the growth of my player over time, and even if it's just 1 attribute at a time, going from 90 - > 91 or whatever. Anyways, I'm getting a little rambly now.

Looking forward to your response

ur pal crutch

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

12-04-2019, 02:15 PMligma Wrote: just a question related to progression here, if @caltroit_red_flames or any other of the boys/girls want to answer it i'd be really interested in hearing a response to this b/c this is a bit of a concern to me.

if so, how do we plan to keep progression engaging at a high level? Obviously when a player hits ~10 or so in a category then the amount of progession that will happen will be slowed considerably. I fear that players who like looking into the sim and seeing their players progress will be disappointed and discouraged if it takes a long amount of time to A) progress a certain attribute, or B) not be able to see any change in an attribute while they are upgrading it. For example, currently it takes about 110 TPE to get from 90 - > 99 in a category right now. Do we have any idea what that same kind of progression would look like in FHM? Like a 15 - > 20 level? Or is that something we are looking to tackle a little further down the road.

Personally, I like seeing the growth of my player over time, and even if it's just 1 attribute at a time, going from 90 - > 91 or whatever. Anyways, I'm getting a little rambly now.

ur pal crutch

I'm deferring to Teddy on this one, he's a little more eloquent than I.

12-04-2019, 02:44 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
12-04-2019, 02:15 PMligma Wrote: just a question related to progression here, if @caltroit_red_flames or any other of the boys/girls want to answer it i'd be really interested in hearing a response to this b/c this is a bit of a concern to me.

ur pal crutch

I'm deferring to Teddy on this one, he's a little more eloquent than I.

sure bud not a worry - just trying to get a feel of what the plan is in regards to progression here. thanks for replying anyways and letting me know you saw it

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 02:50 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

ur pal crutch

The current update scale that we are testing looks something like this:
5 -> 6 = 2
6 -> 7 = 2
7 -> 8 = 2
8 -> 9 = 5
9 -> 10 = 5
10 -> 11 = 8
11 -> 12 = 8
12 -> 13 = 12
13 -> 14 = 12
14 -> 15 = 12
15 -> 16 = 25
16 -> 17 = 25
17 -> 18 = 25
18 -> 19 = 40
19 -> 20 = 40

90 to 99 would be similar to 18 to 20, and would actually cost less on this scale, but your point is definitely not something I'd push aside, people want to see their player progress and 40 TPE before you see an increase is a lot, but keep in mind as well that there would be 23 different attributes for a player to increase, and from what I can tell so far you may not want to specialize in a single attribute to get it up to 20, you are likely better off getting multiple attributes to 18. Now of course the top TPE earners will probably get a couple attributes to 20 before regression, but for the majority of players I think they'd be better off spreading out the TPE.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

12-04-2019, 02:50 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

ur pal crutch

5 -> 6 = 2
6 -> 7 = 2
7 -> 8 = 2
8 -> 9 = 5
9 -> 10 = 5
10 -> 11 = 8
11 -> 12 = 8
12 -> 13 = 12
13 -> 14 = 12
14 -> 15 = 12
15 -> 16 = 25
16 -> 17 = 25
17 -> 18 = 25
18 -> 19 = 40
19 -> 20 = 40

90 to 99 would be similar to 18 to 20, and would actually cost less on this scale, but your point is definitely not something I'd push aside, people want to see their player progress and 40 TPE before you see an increase is a lot, but keep in mind as well that there would be 23 different attributes for a player to increase, and from what I can tell so far you may not want to specialize in a single attribute to get it up to 20, you are likely better off getting multiple attributes to 18. Now of course the top TPE earners will probably get a couple attributes to 20 before regression, but for the majority of players I think they'd be better off spreading out the TPE.

Also while it may be tedious to update from 18-20 during the season, once off-season rolls around and CW/Equipment/Prediction claims come out it might be easier to do a 40 tpe update and go into the season with a 19 or 20 in a stat

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

12-04-2019, 02:50 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

ur pal crutch

5 -> 6 = 2
6 -> 7 = 2
7 -> 8 = 2
8 -> 9 = 5
9 -> 10 = 5
10 -> 11 = 8
11 -> 12 = 8
12 -> 13 = 12
13 -> 14 = 12
14 -> 15 = 12
15 -> 16 = 25
16 -> 17 = 25
17 -> 18 = 25
18 -> 19 = 40
19 -> 20 = 40

cheers bud

Switching to FHM will either destroy this league, or make it last another 50. I don’t see any in between. 50/50 you kill it.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

What the hell are we gonna do about inactives?

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs