Create Account

Hans Hammersmith Steps Down

Hello, good evening.
It is with a heavy heart that I feel it is appropriate to step down from my coaching and management positions with the German World Junior program. I would like to thank the German Ice Hockey Federation as well as the IIHF commission for giving me the opportunity over these last 2 seasons to coach at the international level.
We achieved the ultimate goal last year with our combined Austria, Switzerland, and Germany team, and that may have raised some eyebrows with our talent. We ended up being the odd group out of that collection this year and the loss of talent was a very strong hamper.

With that said, I take full responsibility for Germany's performance. We still were able to ice a strong, full team and we under preformed all tournament long. I take responsibility for this, and the final standing of last place in the tournament and possible relegation.

I tried to implement a bold strategy and it backfired on us. The players accepted this direction and gave me their best on ice product as they possibly could. They preformed admirably.

At the end of the day our failure sits squarely on my shoulders, and for that failure it is fitting that I resign my position with the Germany World Jr. Program. It is time for a new direction at the hands of a new leader, I had my opportunity and failed.

Sincerely,
Hans Hammersmith

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

"It is a sad day for Deutschland's fledgling WJC team. Hans is one of the best coaches and GMs in the business and I hope to see him GMing again in the near future. His creativity and ability to relate to players is second to none and he will be sorely missed in the WJC hockey community." -Marsh Arner, former DACH co-GM on hearing the news of Hans Hammersmith stepping down

@CementHands

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]