Create Account

S51 SMJHL PT # 2 - Sizing Up the Competition

Velveteen Dream, a name that will land in the all time top 100 names list for sporting individuals for all time. An astounding physical threat equipped with a solid skill set. Velveteen is coming into the league as a top prospect after the draft this off-season and seems to be really putting in the work to ensure his team gets the W at the end of the day. He boasts a high checking regime at 56 for a player of his age it stands out as a question mark, however should translate well as he ages. Furthermore He believes in Defence first standing at 70 currently, which speaks to his determination to make the play work in his favour. Additionally though he has been working on his passing which is at 70, prefering to make time and space for his team mates rather than just blasting anything he can on net. He has a calculated and physical forechecking presence that should keep him near the top of the league in seasons to come.

PBE PT Crosspost

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

[Image: 4Aj7HWN.jpg]

Armada Forward Ryan Cvitkovich lives and breathes hockey. Coming in at 6ft 2in and 185 lbs., this wrecking ball with legs is one of the more promising prospects coming out of this most recent SMJHL draft. His 78 scoring grouped with his 68 passing and 70 skating grades ensure offensive efficiency regardless of whoever he is paired with. It's no wonder he is referred to as "The Great One" of northeastern Long Island. While he may not be getting off to the greatest start statistically, once he hits his stride there's no stopping him. He is 100% committed to developing his attributes and may, if he's lucky, get as many points as me someday. 

He may be bad with the ladies, and he may not be that cool. He may still wet the bed. But gosh darn it, the kid can put the puck in the net.

[Image: Luke.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2019, 10:42 PM by grantrjt.)

So when I came from Finland, I knew North America would be an easy place to play, but little did I know I had some competition. This one dude Kyllolen or something on Halifax is trying to take my spot as #1 center?? Of course he is also from Finland, no other place could birth such a gift of hockey. Who would of thought someone so decent was in this league? He only has 25 in fighting however, so he must not be from downtown Helsinki. Whenever I hear this guy's name I just shiver. I always thought it would be cool to see fellow countrymen out in the world, but in the end here I am forced to compete with them. If it wasn't for his 80 in passing or 70 in defense, he would probably still be in Liiga u18, struggling to ice the puck. I really look forward to playing this piece of Finn.

The SMJHL is chock full of young talent. Many of these guys are breaking through just to get their shot to have their name called on the big stage. There is plenty of competition in the SMJHL for the Anaheim Outlaws, but I can’t think of a better place to start than with their biggest rival, the Lethbridge Lions. In particular, I’d like to focus on their starting goalie, Markus Tegernako. As a former goalie scout myself, I’m well versed in what makes a netminder great.

One thing Marcus excels at is Reaction Time. Boy, this kid can react with the snap of a finger. Even the quickest of snipes aren’t safe around the Lions netminder. If he finds a way to improve even more at this, it will certainly be an area of focus for draft evaluators.

Another one of his strengths is hand speed. In order to have great reaction time you need to have great hands right? Right. He has lightning quick hands, and that is again a part of what makes him so dangerous.

No goalie is without weakness, though, and Marcus Tegernako’s happens to be puck handling. When he gets out of the crease, what happens next is anyone’s guess. It would be better off if he froze the puck more often when he uses his incredible reaction time to stop shots.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Velveteen Dream player profile!

Today I am going to be introducing you to Velveteen Dream, the centre from the Carolina Kraken who was the second overall pick in the S51 SMJHL Entry Draft! There is a lot of talent to describe with this player as shown by his draft position, but what is it that makes him so special?

The first main strength to Dream’s play is his Passing. He is a really talented playmaker who is able to make perfect passes and put his teammates in great positions to score important goals. The second main strength that Dream possesses would be his Defense. He is able to play good hockey in his own zone and backchecks very well to help his team out. Finally, his Puck Handling. Dream’s Puck Handling skills are very impressive and he is someone who shows great control of the puck and can pull off some very exciting moves with the puck on his stick!

Velveteen Dream is a very impressive hockey player and someone who everyone needs to watch out for in the years to come!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

PBE PT

With three Swedish Defencemen selected in the first 15 picks of the S51 SMJHL Entry Draft, people were bound to make comparisons between them. Noah Nystrom, Ulrik Bergstrom, and Sven Yxskaft are some of the best of Sweden's talented youth pool. There was much discussion ahead of the draft on where these prospects would land in relation to one another. In the end, Noah Nystrom impressed scouts the most and as a result he was drafted very early at 6th overall by the Kelowna Knights.

Noah Nystrom is a menacing figure on the ice, standing 6 foot 4 inches and weighing in at 230 pounds. Still, he is deceptively agile for his size and his endurance has been hailed as one of his strengths. Currently sitting on the Knight's top line, Nystrom has been eating up minutes. He is averaging over 21 per game as a rookie. If there is one area where Nystrom's game falls short, it's his shooting. He doesn't shoot very often and although his big frame allows him to put a lot of power on the puck, it is his accuracy that gives him issues. After 19 games, he has only two shots on goal. It will be interesting to see if he works to improve that aspect of his game or hone his strengths.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2019, 07:26 PM by takethehorizon.)

[Image: 1uftb8q.png]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

It is only fair to say that throughout your career as a professional player in any sports there is a lot of spotlight on you and during that time you have to make sure you keep yourself in check, but also you have to learn how to focus on the things around the league and the professional sports industry as well. One of the main things are to know about the rival teams to know what is happening not just in league but in the teams as well. Another very important thing is to keep an eye on your direct rivals, usually the players that play the same position.

One of the players that Danila has been keeping an eye out is - Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette, St Louis Scarecrows defenseman. It is not a surprising fact as he is the same season as Danila and plays the same position. Through out the last seasons Danila has been keeping an eye on his rivals performance compared to his. But recently the interest in Luc-Pierra has been diminishing as he does not really put up big performance. During this season till now Danilas has earned 12 points while Luc-Pierre only 3. When it comes to shots block then Danila has done 31 while Luc only 17, which is almost half of Danilas. The only thing that Danila is lacking and losing to Luc-Pierre is the hits done as Luc-Pierre is dominating that with 54 and Danila is sitting on just 28. Maybe it is better as more hits you do, bigger the chance you can sit in the box, so who knows. What is for sure tho, is that Danila will continue to keep his eyes on Luc-Pierre.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Velveteen Dream is the obvious comparison to make with Morgan Forestier, as both went 2nd and 3rd overall in the S51 SMJHL Entry Draft. Dream is, just that - a dream. With his build primarily focused on Defense, Passing, and Puck Handling at this time, he is a great asset to the Carolina Kraken as they look to challenge for the Four Star Cup this season. Dream is extremely well rounded, and does it all pretty much on the ice. He even has points into checking, which allows him to be a phyiscal force on the ice, and eventually evolve into what might be known as the SHL Fantasy Team Wet Dream - a great scoring player who can hit is a force in SHL Fantasy Leagues, and you will definitely see Velveteen Dream be one of those players to cement themselves as an all time great within the SHL Fantasy realm, just because of the way he is building as a player. Godspeed, @TheDangaZone

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2019, 11:20 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

Ulrik Bergstrom is a New Swedish Defense man on the Anchorage Armada Roster.He is similar to Adam Scianna in that he is also a big Two-way Defense man.Bergstrom sits at 5’ 11” and 210 Lbs.
He's a big presence in front of the net with 55 Checking and 80 Defense. He is also solid on his skates with 67 Skating. Where he currently would seem to lack is in his offensive abilities with 67 Passing and 60 Scoring, but surprisingly has a solid 8 assists in 21 games. Which is good for a new rookie, and also only getting a little ice time while on the third line and averaging 16.9 minutes per game. It definitely seems to be a solid first round pick for the Anchorage Armada and will continue to be a strong defense man in the coming season. It will be interesting to see if he stays a top pick in the upcoming SHL draft

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

[Image: PT2.jpg]

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page