Create Account

S51 PT #2 - New Attributes

There are numerous attributes that could be used for a hockey sim that aren't reflected in the SHL. A major one that exists in FHM (and EHM) would be "Getting Open". The attribute sort of exists in STHS in the all important and blanket rating of Defense. I'd like the two to be separated, both for more interesting builds, and less confusion for new players. It might be a odd adjusting to more attributes in general, and may very well eventually lead to some "cheese" builds, but for a while at least, it is an interesting prospect to work with more attributes. Another good pair would be the "offensive" and "defensive" read stats. They would surely be an important set to work on, whether you're loading up on one early, or trying to balance to create a good two-way player.

Most importantly, I'd like a sim engine that would respect the long forgotten advanced analytic: Fast, Attacking, Supportive

The crucial stat that has been lost to time needs a place in modern hockey, so we may truly evaluate who has been naughty, and who has been nice.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

First off, let me say that adding some new attributes to the SHL by way of a new game engine would be a really great way to spice the league up. Especially for guys that are on their third, fourth, or even fifth player. I like the idea of having a leadership stat like FHM does. I think it's a great way to bring an extra level to your player. I would assume that they way it works in the sim is that when you're on the ice, the other players out there with you gain some sort of inspiration bonus from one of the team leaders being out there. It would just be a really interesting second dimension to add to an already formidable player's resume. I also think it would be awesome to have some kind of attribute where you can be more clutch. Maybe you're in a situation where you're tied up 4-4 with thirty seconds left and this attribute could give you the ability to score the game winning goal. It could also make your player better in overtime and even in a shootout situation. There are a lot of good options here, but I'm mostly just excited about what the future could hold for the SHL.

Code:
218 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

NSFL PT
Username: ADwyer87

I think confidence would be an interesting attribute to have. If a player misses a shot or has a bad game, it could impact his confidence for the next few games until his cold streak is over. One way to counter this would be to improve his confidence. I would make this harder to raise so it's not just another TPE dump. Make the scale different to the rest of the upgrades and it can't be a strength. The more confident a player, the less likely he is to be shook after a bad few plays or games. My player is currently shooting at a trash percentage and this would have a negative impact on his confidence until he finally scores a goal or two again. If his confidence was higher, maybe he could get over the hump sooner. The most it can go to is like 85 or whatever in the new engine. Just so it's not something that can be OP.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

NSFL PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Written task: Write about a new attribute (or two or three or however many) that you think would be fun/unique/important/interesting/cool to add. This can be one that actually exists in FHM (thanks @Tomen for the first screenshot and thanks @DrunkenTeddy for the better screenshot), a funny one as a joke, or whatever you can think of off the top of your head - as long as it's something new that doesn't currently exist in STHS. What's the new attribute? Would you personally add lots of TPE to this attribute? How will it affect players on the ice? (150+ words)

The new attribute that I think that would be fun to add to STHS would be the @Waters attribute. Which is how ugly and dumb a person is. The person with the highest water attribute would be set in stone, where everyone on the site would have 1 water in that attribute. Awhile Ben Waters would have a value of 99. This attribute would have nothing to do with the sim engine and honestly have no effects to a person's success in the sim. which really just adds another useless attribute to STHS that will make the site better. Awhile there could be also the nour harrak attribute, which judges how cute a player is, Ben Waters only has 1 in this attribute awhile everyone else have 99 attribute. This atriute would make your better look better ad just about it. Again adding another useless attribute to the STHS and really not adding anything that will fix STHS

PBE PT

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

[Image: S51-PT-2-New-Attributes.png]

An attribute that could be cool is shot location. Maybe high vs low, glove vs stick side, and that tendency to shoot somewhere would make it easier for some players to score on certain goalies if they are put in specific situations. Like if a guy who shoots low stick side won't score often against a goaltender who is good at the butterfly and cheats on his stick side, but would be able to score on a goaltender who is not as good at the butterfly or cheats to their glove side. This could also work if positional play was a factor, like where someone is on the ice at a given moment and how their shot gets to the net. Meaning angles would be way more important and would give coaches something to do. It has a lot of flaws, I know, but it still is a path that could be worth exploring if there was some attributes that could be added in some way.

PBE Affiliation

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]

im sure its been said already but the first thing to come to mind for a new attribute was Chirp (CH). now there are a few ways i could see this working within the sim. basically... the closer or more chippy the game is the more liable you are to use CH. the player using CH would use their rating against an opposing players CH rating, the outcome would always be random in traditional STHS fashion with more chance of success depending on how much higher one CH rating is than the other. if the chirp is successful then the recipient’s other stats would take a small penalty for a certain amount of time (think how EN comes into play late game and depreciates a players stats). but watch out for who you end up chirping, say the wrong stuff to the wrong person and you could end up tangled up with a tough customer. the recipient’s FG and DI could also come in to play here and they could go after you.

175 words

One attribute that immediately caught my eye from FHM was Getting Open. It's such a simple thing for some of the best players of all time. You find space, and you occupy it. Not just open space now, but the space coming open. That kind of foresight, to get into a spot that allows you a better opportunity to score would be fantastic to see in our league. It's those kinds of things that could set apart elite earners from solid earners.

Other than that, Offensive and Defensive Read have been fascinating to me. The ability to understand the play and react to it before it happens would be huge for defensive defensemen and for those power forward types that are more muck and grind. It would add an interesting layer to the game for high earners as they start to break up chances more, or in conjunction with Getting Open, find more opportunities to score in maybe less conventional ways.

I've always been intrigued by those players who just seem like the puck follows them around the ice. These are attributes that essentially make you that person and make you incredibly well rounded.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

I think a cool but useless attribute to add (like passing) would be a gaming skill and a gaming frequency.

Gaming Skill = A player's ability to play video games well. 0 means they play horribly, 99 means they could be a professional esports player
Gaming Frequency = How often a player plays videogames. 0 means they rarely play, 99 means they are constantly playing

Now, how would this affect the sim? Gaming Skill would increase the morale of the player as it improves. The player wins more video games and is in a better mood because of a higher gaming skill. However, gaming frequency can have a negative effect on players. If it's at around 70 the player would get an optimal morale boost, but any higher would start having negative effects on the player. Players would start staying up too late playing video games, and missing practices and sometimes even games. Team's would have the option of banning video games completely, or on the road, or only at home.

PBE Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

I’m most excited for the bravery attribute because I think I could convince my teammates to put some points into that and finally stand up to our tyrant of a coach. Everyone says Babcock was a bad guy, terrible coach, not a nice man. They’ve never had to deal with Chicago’s coach. I stood up to him after he berated us when we missed the playoffs at the end of the last year. He was at the entrance to our locker room and had Kit Smeb on all fours on the phone crying to his mom while getting beat with his own shoe. It was one of the most pathetic and simultaneously horrific displays I’ve seen since I got to the SHL. Well I spoke up, and now I’ve been vanquished to the third line with Connolly and Kit. So that’ll tell you where I am in the coach’s books. I’ve talked before here about what our coach puts us through. I’d like the bravery stat to go up for some of my teammates so they could grow a pair and stand up to Adam Kylrad. He is a bad man!

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers