Create Account

S51 PT #2 - New Attributes

I want to create what I call the "Sean Avery" stat. Now you are asking, what on earth do you mean by this? Well, Mr. Avery was the NHL's best pest that I can recall. he took the rules and skirted them to the point where he even had a rule in the NHL created after him. With that said, having this as an attribute I believe would be huge and fun in the league if used only by third or fourth line players. It would add that layer of in game personality and drive stars into over reacting and try to bait them into taking a penalty. Depending on the update stats; I Kenji Yoshimura would most definitely take this attribute on and add some TPE to it. Since I am not driving the play to put the puck in the net as great as my top 6 team mates, then the best option for me would be draw that penalty so my team can head to the power play. Just think, SHL Championship Game Seven and the best player playing against my Panthers draws a stupid penalty by retaliating against me and giving my team an opportunity to head to the power play. I could then enter the Panthers Hall of Fame just for that play, and help deliver the Panthers a long much needed championship.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

The absolutely best attribute that should be included is dastardliness. I am picturing people with a high dastardliness rating right now, looking like your stereotypical spaghetti western bad guy twirling a greasy mustache and sneakily tripping people or stripping their own teammates of the puck. I want the league to include this into their decision making for players so that it increases the despicable acts occurring on ice, think of it like a better discipline. Instead of just being a stat that exists and is just, there, dastardliness should start at the middle of the ratings and could be added to or taken away from to encourage or discourage morally questionable decisions on the ice. All you Brad Marchand fans could inflate that stat like a fat kid on Thanksgiving whereas anyone hoping to be a goody-two-shoes poster-boy could sink it like a stone. This obviously would have to have a hidden mustache rating that is intrinsically linked to the dastardliness rating, and anyone with a high dastardliness rating would therefore have a high mustache rating.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

If I could add one stat it would be Ankle Breaking. This stat is a measure of how well and how often your player can break ankles using dekes and the like. A good example of this is that Pavel Datsyuk has a Ankle Breaking rating of 20. Tom Fiddler would add most if not all of his available TPE to this stat in order to break more ankles. Right now, his ankle breaking ability is fairly low, as his Puck Handling and Skating are both 75. You need to be able to skate well to break ankles, after all. His primary attribute is defense, which isn't great at actually breaking the ankles, just your ability to know where to be. Breaking the ankles would let you get to where you need to be no matter what. Additionally, Creativity would be a great stat that would combine with ankle breaking because it would allow your player to more creatively and beautifully break ankles at all ends of the ice. Creativity would also work with shots and passing, maybe a lacrosse goal here and there. Low creativity would be like making a slap shot on a breakaway.

197 words. Allegedly.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 01:51 PM by Pris.)

[Image: nWgOZKU.png]

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

I think a really interesting stat to add would be the Grit/60 stat. This stat would increase a players Grit per 60 minutes played. The more you pump into this stat, the more sandpaper gets added to the player's game. Grinding it out on the boards, little spears with the blade to get under the opponents skin, power moves into the goalie, never stop moving your feet. These are all things that would increase with adding points into Grit/60. This stat would also help in determining how clutch your player is. Grind one out in front of the net and bury a garbage goal to win the game in OT? That's right, that's Grit/60 right there. This would also boost your intangibles and make your coaches and GMs like you even more. It would also add to your ability to play more hard minutes for your team. This is the kind of stat you want to see on all your players and something you wish the high skill guys had more of. Grit/60 coming to a Sim near you!

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

I personally think finding a good balance overall for defensive skaters is going to be a bunch of trial and error, and Im looking forward to it. Two stats I think are going to be big for us are shooting accuracy and shooting range. As Dmen, the odds that we are going to be in the hashmarks or right in the crease for rebounds or quick shots are slim. The majority of our shots are going to be coming from somewhere around the blueline. I think that this possible change could really set a clear difference between offensive dmen, and stay-at-home. Teams might actually need to balance what they have. Shooting Dmen really wont be able to build up some of the important defence stats like checking, shotblocking, stickchecking, bravery, and maybe even some of the physical stats if they want to have offensive stats up. Likewise if you want to have a player focused on shotblocking, zone retrieval, and total shutdown, they might not have the ability to get the other stats. That said stats like screening, getting open, and faceoffs might not be (or in the case of faceoffs, wont be) important.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

One attribute that most definitely needs to be added in the new sim is "FTB" or "For The Boys" rating. This rating will solely instruct on how down your player is "for the boys". Whether that is not turning down a late night in town, or filling water bottles for the vets. Whatever the occasion might be, how down to clown is your player. Everyone says they're for the boys, but this attribute will be the telling tale. First-Name Last-Name will be fully for the boys, whether it's raging till sun up or pulling honeys on Venice beach, I'm all for it.

In all seriousness, I am hoping this engine switch is seamless and doesn't hurt players and their intended player builds too much. It's going to be a new era for the league, and I am really looking forward to seeing it all come together.

word count: 153

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 03:17 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
Write about a new attribute (or two or three or however many) that you think would be fun/unique/important/interesting/cool to add. This can be one that actually exists in FHM, a funny one as a joke, or whatever you can think of off the top of your head - as long as it's something new that doesn't currently exist in STHS. What's the new attribute? Would you personally add lots of TPE to this attribute? How will it affect players on the ice? (150+ words)

The game of hockey is constantly evolving and there are a variety of different attributes that players can work on to improve their overall game. Some attributes that I think would be an interesting one to add for the SHL would be the following:

Garbage Collector: A lot of goals are scored in the dirty areas and in the front of net off of rebounds so adding a "garbage collector" attribute can help boost the offensive stat for power forwards who play in the front of the net.

Gretzky's Office: "Gretzky's Office" has been a hockey term ever since the days of the legendary Wayne Gretzky where Wayne would make plays from behind the opposing goalie's net and to this day a lot of plays are made from there as well. 

Aggressive Forechecker: Forechecking is something that all coaches want their players to do to pressure the opposing team's breakout from their defensive zone. A good forecheck can hinder the offensive start and can lead to turnovers for a scoring chance as well.

These are some of the attributes that I think would be an interesting add in the SHL.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Intelligence would be a good rating to help you decide to get open, make good plays and spot the good passes. Like you know hockey IQ? It could be that, all the little stuff coaches love. It could also effect how good you are at getting into a good position to receive passes, you know getting open and all that. Another cool attribute would be scrappiness like how hard you play and hit and if you get into brawls and scraps. Everyone loves physicality and this would be not quite a fighting attribute but it would factor into your intimidation and toughness as a player. I think a dump and chase attribute might be cool because that's a big part of realistic hockey especially as a grinder or on the bottom few lines. That would be really important if you want to make a bottom six guy because that's all they do or also like a power forward who goes to the walls and the corners.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

Similar to the unused "leadership" and "experience" etc. of STHS, the mental aspect of the game is very important. One easier way to incorporate this aspect into the simulated game would be to add a "Locker Room Guy" attribute. The LRG attribute would give a small boost to the player's linemates. Everyone performs better with players that they have a connection with, and having a player on your line/pair that makes everyone care about the team provides a spark. To make it super realistic, an anonymous grader will be put into every locker room, and do standard updates as to the team's social abilities. if a player is inactive, his or her line chemistry would go down. If a player is killing it with good music, stories, memes, chatter, he or she would receive a boost in this attribute, which benefits the players around his or her simulated character. obviously thats not a sustainable or reasonable way to run the updates. but involving the mental/hidden attributes is a cool way create some build diversity. maybe there could be standard TPE, and mental/hidden "TPE" where you can check/uncheck which roles your player would have.
Increased "realism" tends to lead to inactivity amongst the lighter users, so box-checking might be the superior option (ex: here are 45 locked TPE that dont count towards your TPE total. distribute these as you see fit amongst these 4 mental/hidden attribute categories)

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

PBE Affiliate PT

[quote pid='2739937' dateline='1575306893']
I would really like to see a pressure situation stat. This would be similar to playmaker, but slightly different. We all know that there are players who more often than not seem to come up big when the game is on the line. It is not just because they are extremely talented, it is because they thrive under increased pressure and expectations. Take Crosby for example, we can all attest to how many times he has come up with the game winning goal in playoffs or the Olympics. If you were to dump a ton of TPE in the pressure stat, then if your team is down by a goal with two minutes left, you would have a higher odds chance than anyone else to come through with the game tying goal. That is how it works in my head anyways, no idea if the new sim has the ability to do that.
[/quote]
(159 words)

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

With a possible engine switch there are many new attributes that interest me in FHM. I am sure I'm not the only one who made a character here in the SHL with a playstyle in mind that isn't something you can realistically make. I originally envisioned my player as a Pavel Datysuk like forward who would be defensively responsible and generate assists like a machine. New attributes like stickchecking, defensive read, and positioning gives more depth to a player build and gives options for a forward to not fall into the two dominate subclasses we currently have(Checking Forward who scores goals/assist and Non-Checking Forward who scores goals and assists.). Some of the offensive attribute available like screening, and shooting range also open up more viable playstyles for players and will bring a greater variety to the types of offense we see in the SHL. The inclusion of Speed and Acceleration also interest me as it can further lead to many different scenarios on ice and will likely make line combinations more complicated than they currently are.

Word Count: 181

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Injuries:
Honestly, the stat I think we need the most is injuries. I understand why people might be interested in that, but I think it would add a little extra realism to the SHL. I don’t think we could just have a “injury” stat that would increase injury when it’s low and decrease as it’s raised. I think it would be best done as something that takes multiple stats into effect. Perhaps we take stamina/conditioning as a base stat. Then, each hit received could add a marginal fraction of a number to another stat called “Wear and tear” that increases with games played and reduces with time off. For the last factor, I would say that at character creation each player would randomly be assigned a multiplier that is only known to the simmer and HO. This multiplier would mimic how some players are more injury prone than others. You take all three stats and that determines when an injury occurs, what type of injury, and how long it will take to recover. Admittedly this might be impossible to effectively implement, but I like the idea of player injuries because it forces a team to adjust to adversity. It also adds the excitement of mid-season call ups as well as potential player options for sending a called up player back down.

Words: 221

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

It's always exciting when you start building a player from the beginning. With a new sim engine, it opens up a ton of possibilities. From the looks of the screenshot, things could get very interesting. There are a ton of attributes that you can improve. It's a lot more in depth than STHS, that's for sure.

An example is the defensive side of the puck. Instead of just having a defense attribute, there's specifics that you would need to improve. Things like stick checking, shot blocking, and positioning are all included and those could play a big role in separating players in the SHL. Now there is more of a chance of having two way players rather than everyone being a two way player because they have so much TPE.

I think, if done right, moving to a new sim engine could bring that variety of players that we have been clamouring for here in the SHL. We just have to make sure that it's suitable for our league and we have to implement it properly from the beginning and not rush into such a big change. I'm hoping it works out because the variety is very appealing.

(198 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]