Create Account

Rookie Shelby Schmackers Goes Equipment Hunting with CCM
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 06:51 PM by TheManSoldTheWorld.)

Code:
698 Words

CCM Hockey

EQUIPMENT HUNT

Episode 1: Shelby Schmackers

Written by Shawn Mamane
With a new season of hockey upon us, we, the people here at CCM Hockey, have decided to take our time to film a couple of episodes of stars and young buds going equipment shopping with us. In our first episode, we decided to go in a new direction and chose to bring Shelby Schmackers, a young buck who just got paid 9 million to join the Anchorage Armada in the SMJHL.

[Cut to Store, Long Takes and Close-Ups of Shelby and Mamame]

Shelby Schmackers: You know, I've always loved seeing the technology that goes behind a lot of this stuff. I mean, being born in an NHL town, the Pepsi Center and places near it were always my hotspots to find equipment and try it out. I would watch hours of YouTube videos to find the exact equipment that I would want, constant reviews and tests, etc. Denver is an awesome town. Anchorage is cold, but the wild weather in Colorado prepped me for anything.

[Cut to a short montage of Shelby looking at skates until he's trying on some]

Shawn Mamane: Ah, I see you have a pair of GRAF PK 7700s.

SS: Yea, I've been reading up on these. I'd have to get them more customized to match my team's colors, but the way that they make these is perfect. I may be a defenseman, but all of hockey is getting faster all the time. These skates are super light because they're made from a composite material, and the blades are made from titanium. I know that this is CCM's show, but I like these. Sorry boys.

[He laughs and we cut again to a montage of stick usage until we stop with Shelby swinging a specific one]

SM: A CCM RBZ Speedburner? Nice.

SS: I agree.
[We share a quick laugh] 

SS: In all seriousness, this stick is a win all around.

SM: Are you digging the new Speed Pocket technology?

SS: Oh, absolutely. That'll help me get my slap shots off so much faster. It's so light too. It'll help me out a ton.

[Quick cut to Shelby grabbing gloves off the wall]

SS: Hey, I like the feel of these. These are CCMs?

SM: Yes, our CL 500s. They still have that old thumb-lock ability to help prevent injuries, but they feel super comfortable and lightweight. They're deceivingly protective, with multi-piece padding to help increase grip and flexion.

SS: As I said, they feel great. 

[Cut to Shelby trying on different shoulder pads and pulling his Nathan MacKinnon jersey over them]

SS: You know, some people say that I look like him. And, now that I'm older, I can see where they are coming from.

SM: And what pads are you trying on currently?

SS: Well, I tried on the CCMs, but there was something off about them. These are Bauer. I feel like skating fast.

[Montage of Shelby buying all the gears and then driving over to a practice rink nearby, snippets of the conversation in the car sprinkled in]

[Cut to Shelby in the locker room, putting on all the gear]

SS: It might have put me back 4.5 mil, but I have cash to spend. I made it. I'm a hockey player. Now, let me show you how we do it.

[Cut to Shelby practicing on the ice for a bit, then to his first SMJHL points and goal]

SM: Thank you all for tuning in today. We'll see you next week with another episode of Equipment Hunt!

Quote:"I have the best poke check in the nation, all thanks to Marc-Andre Fleury."
[Image: L9uCJT6.png]
[Image: sAwEMTH.png]

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Nice post dude. Good to see some original takes on doing media.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page