Create Account

SMJHL All-Star Game
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 02:17 PM by FuzzSHL.)

First and foremost I would like to thank HO for the opportunity as SMJHL All-Star Committee Head. I am very excited to take this on and have some big ideas I think will bring some more excitement surrounding All-Stars. I would also like to publicly announce and thank the members of the committee  for helping getting things up and going as quickly and smoothly as they have so far: @golden_apricot, @39alaska39, @StamkosFan, @WannabeFinn, @Noble, @Z0REM, and @jfisherr.

Starting this season and for the foreseeable future, we are excited to announce that the SMJHL will hold an All-Star Game during the season! Roughly halfway through each season, two All-Star Rosters will go up against one another in a battle of East vs. West. With no set conferences, East and West will be determined by geographical location as compared to the rest of the SMJHL. For this season, that divide will be as follows:

East: Carolina, Colorado, Detroit, Halifax, St. Louis
West: Anchorage, Anaheim, Kelowna, Lethbridge, Vancouver

Rosters will follow the standard roster size of 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, and 2 goalies.

As Kalakar was alreayd planning to do this in his free time this season, he will host the Play-By-Play thread on Monday, December 9th (Time TBA). For next season and onward, this PBP will be included in the PBP lottery used to determine Finals PBP hosts. Also, as an added bonus, there will be a 1.5x media bonus for articles related to the All-Star Game. This media bonus, however, will only count for articles posted by players who are currently on an SMJHL roster. This bonus will start on Friday, December 6th as soon as the All-Star Rosters are announced and will last until Tuesday, December 10th at midnight EST. The first All-Star Game will be hosted by Carolina this season (for those who want to use the host team in their media). This "host" will rotate every season, with no requirements tied to hosting.

At the end of the season, instead of announcing "All-Stars", we will announce the "All-SMJHL" teams. This will consist of a "1st Team All-SMJHL", "2nd Team All-SMJHL", and "All-Rookie" teams. These will include 3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 goalie for each. Throughout the course of the season (starting next week), we will also be announcing "SMJHL 3 Stars of the Week." This will be for IRL weeks, not sim weeks.

We are extremely excited to get all of this rolling and hope you all are as well. As always, if anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment on this post and/or PM me on the site or on Discord.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Im for it

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Love it!

Good work team

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

wow picks his own team as the host for the first ever smjhl asg, who is ready to riot with me?

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

12-03-2019, 04:03 PMImASurvivor Wrote: wow picks his own team as the host for the first ever smjhl asg, who is ready to riot with me?

Didn’t even consult the rest of the committee, is Fuzz running a dictatorship? Might be time for the revolution

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Hot damn that's great content.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

12-03-2019, 04:12 PMjfisherr Wrote:
12-03-2019, 04:03 PMImASurvivor Wrote: wow picks his own team as the host for the first ever smjhl asg, who is ready to riot with me?

Didn’t even consult the rest of the committee, is Fuzz running a dictatorship? Might be time for the revolution

Vive la révolution!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Will there be an SHL all star team too?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

12-03-2019, 05:21 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Will there be an SHL all star team too?

That would be up to the SHL All Star Committee! As the SMJHL All Star Committee we are purely focused on the SMJHL, perhaps you could reach out to people on the SHL Committee to see if this is something they would do for the SHL?

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

12-03-2019, 05:24 PMjfisherr Wrote:
12-03-2019, 05:21 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Will there be an SHL all star team too?

That would be up to the SHL All Star Committee! As the SMJHL All Star Committee we are purely focused on the SMJHL, perhaps you could reach out to people on the SHL Committee to see if this is something they would do for the SHL?

Thanks! Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Pumped to see this!

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

sure hope I can buy a ticket

Yay

I know this was in jest, but I do want it to be known that Kalakar had been planning to do this in his own time and had Carolina in mind as the host. He has some media planned, and I don't know what all he has written yet, so I just went with what he had in mind to make things easier to start. It gives us time to figure out a good method of determining the "host" every season before the next ASG as well. Pls no riot

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Great idea, thanks to everyone involved for getting this off the ground.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno