Create Account

SHL Logo Contest Results

I feel like flat looks better on dark and 3d on light..

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

12-05-2019, 02:33 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Also here's a flat version:

[Image: N1VwsL5.png]

i like the flat one a lot more tbh

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

congrats @DrunkenTeddy and thanks ya'll for dat cash

looking forward to the next logo contest in S100

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

12-04-2019, 10:11 PMEggy216 Wrote: It definitely looks like the mask of someone who's going to be stopping a lot of pucks. So, not @Tomasnz I guess.

Wait a second!  Starwars

Also, @karey big apologies for missing your logo in our assessments. the truth of the matter is that we made the same mistake as you(sort of), and only looked at the ones that had been sent to eggy via PM, none of us voting in HO were even aware you had posted a logo in the thread.  Sad  This thread was honestly the first time I ever saw your logo. - people can throw stones at us for not being aware enough about the general discussion being had, and that's probably fair. But we didn't exclude your logo because it wasn't submitted right, we just didn't know about it till too late.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

12-05-2019, 09:07 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I feel like flat looks better on dark and 3d on light..

Can you make the logo appear differently in dark vs light mode then?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

12-06-2019, 12:53 PMGrapehead Wrote:
12-05-2019, 09:07 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I feel like flat looks better on dark and 3d on light..

Can you make the logo appear differently in dark vs light mode then?

Yup, I was considering doing exactly that this morning.

12-06-2019, 01:45 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
12-06-2019, 12:53 PMGrapehead Wrote: Can you make the logo appear differently in dark vs light mode then?

Yup, I was considering doing exactly that this morning.

I know Slash has been working on player renders for FHM...what would you think of having team coloured logos to go on the jerseys of those renders and for any other designers to use for some team specific work?

12-06-2019, 01:49 PMBDonini Wrote:
12-06-2019, 01:45 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Yup, I was considering doing exactly that this morning.

I know Slash has been working on player renders for FHM...what would you think of having team coloured logos to go on the jerseys of those renders and for any other designers to use for some team specific work?

I always found the idea of team colored league logos odd. If people really want it sure, but I don't think I've seen real life leagues do this, generally they want consistent branding across the board.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2019, 02:37 PM by BDonini.)

12-06-2019, 02:28 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
12-06-2019, 01:49 PMBDonini Wrote: I know Slash has been working on player renders for FHM...what would you think of having team coloured logos to go on the jerseys of those renders and for any other designers to use for some team specific work?

I always found the idea of team colored league logos odd. If people really want it sure, but I don't think I've seen real life leagues do this, generally they want consistent branding across the board.

Don't think any hockey leagues do it but the MLS does it, I've always found it to be interesting, makes the league's brand more adaptable I guess.

[Image: mls_logo_team_colors_animation.gif]

12-06-2019, 02:36 PMBDonini Wrote:
12-06-2019, 02:28 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I always found the idea of team colored league logos odd. If people really want it sure, but I don't think I've seen real life leagues do this, generally they want consistent branding across the board.

Don't think any hockey leagues do it but the MLS does it, I've always found it to be interesting, makes the league's brand more adaptable I guess.

I was thinking hockey, didn't know MLS did that, kinda neat. I don't mind the idea, you want to collaborate on this?

Team colored logos may be a bit odd, but my main issue with the new logo is that it has such a specific color scheme and I think it's going to clash pretty horribly with a lot of teams and with the site a lot of the time if we keep adjusting site colors based on team winners. I think the design itself is nice, but I voted it pretty low personally because I think it's way less flexible because of the colors than the other options. We should really think about having a neutral color version or something...

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

12-06-2019, 04:19 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
12-06-2019, 02:36 PMBDonini Wrote: Don't think any hockey leagues do it but the MLS does it, I've always found it to be interesting, makes the league's brand more adaptable I guess.

I was thinking hockey, didn't know MLS did that, kinda neat. I don't mind the idea, you want to collaborate on this?

Sure, I wouldn't mind working with you on it.

Just gonna say... @tweedledunn's logo had a set of team coloured versions...

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

12-06-2019, 04:39 PMprettyburn Wrote: Team colored logos may be a bit odd, but my main issue with the new logo is that it has such a specific color scheme and I think it's going to clash pretty horribly with a lot of teams and with the site a lot of the time if we keep adjusting site colors based on team winners. I think the design itself is nice, but I voted it pretty low personally because I think it's way less flexible because of the colors than the other options. We should really think about having a neutral color version or something...

Agreed

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

[Image: BptVE1JIEAAA3dT.jpg]
SHL's logo situation