Create Account

S51 WFT #2 - Animal Counterparts

If Ibra jr. was an animal he will be the bengal tiger. He is high and mighty and is feared by many. He has the strength to taken on anyone and also the agility for a big animal to move quick and dangle his way through his opponents. He also has the hunter mentality where once he is focused on something, he will go for it until he achieves it. He is a beast pound for pound and also very cunning.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2019, 03:52 PM by JamesT.)

If my player James Truong was an animal he would be a butterfly because he is very gentle and elegant on the ice like a butterfly (I also did a spirit animal quiz and got butterfly as the result). 

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

My player would be a gazelle because a gazelle is a graceful, poised animal, and that is exactly what Ola Wagstrom is on the ice. It suits his personality as well because he is always calm, cool, and collected. Gazelles would fare well at hockey I think, able to slip through defenseman with their fluid movements and able to reach top speeds in the blink of an eye. After all they can run 50 miles per hour, that's much faster than any human, imagine the breakaways and how well they would do at winning puck races. Speed is everything in today's hockey and the gazelle would bring that and more. And it's not just a sprint, gazelles are literally known for being able to maintain high speeds for long durations of time, so they would have incredible stamina and endurance. They would not slow down even after long shifts, they could be on the ice almost all game and be fine.

However the gazelle may be easily checked and not able to withstand the physicality. They rarely get more than 3 feet tall which means they don't have great size. They don't have weight either, they literally have their speed because they're so light. They could get demolished by bruisers along the boards and not be able to go to the corners, battle for the pucks, or clear the crease in their defensive end. Although maybe they could stick up for themselves with their long, curved, pointy horns; would stabbing a player with them be a penalty? I'd assume so, it would be tough not to hit people accidentally even, they could get penalties similar to high sticking. 4 minutes if you draw blood, yikes.

The gazelle has really strong senses also, so it could literally have great vision which could contribute to smart plays, smart passing, and a high hockey IQ. They could literally see the entire ice and pinpoint an open player before human players could process what on earth is happening. It's hearing is also very strong so they could easily hear instructions from coaches and teammates even in the ruckus of the game.

I will pick one animal for one of my teammates too because it's freaking obvious. Eko van Otter @hotdog has to be an otter for obvious reasons, namely look at the name and hotdog's profile picture. I'm not exactly sure how an otter would fare in hockey, they're even smaller than gazelles and they typically have long claws, not sure how those fit into gloves and skates. Otters are actually one of the few animals other than humans who use tools in the wild (for instance they use rocks to break the shells of shellfish), so they're already naturally prepared to use a hockey stick and other equipment. And with the playful and inquisitive nature of otters I imagine they would play for the fun of the game rather than more serious reasons, and this would help them endure well under high pressure situations.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Only natural that Ensio Kalju would be an animal that he has something in common with, so Ensio would be a giant panda. Both like to spend time in the woods and cannot mate without assistance.

When I start thinking an animal that mostly could be like Björn I get lots of bear vibes. Might be my own avatar or maybe name Björn that literally is just Swedish for bear.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

If Max Egger was an animal it would probably be like, a whale or something. Something that you don't see too often but when it breaches the surface or the bench, people "oh" and "ah" for a few seconds.

If Bo Kane was an animal he would be a Lion and this is only due to recent changes in his game where he's become a lot more aggressive and getting into fights. He's strong, fast, sneaky, and quick to the attack just like a Lion.

Falcons Canada

My player would be a bull. He is mean AF and will run you over if you get in between him and the net for a scoring chance.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Geoff Moore would probably just be the typical household pet dog, probably a shepherd, always excited about everything, loves his family (team) and can zoom around on the ice like a dog would in the yard but also does his job and follows orders well. bork bork

[Image: lebbish.gif]

As a member of the Wolfpack, it's pretty easy to just pick wolf for Manuel Gotze and call it a day. However, going a little bit deeper than that while still staying on theme, I'm going to relate him to a dire wolf instead. Astute observers may be aware of these fearsome creatures from the Game of Thrones series of books/shows, but this animal was also real (though now extinct thankfully). Part of the original "dogs vs. cats" debate with the sabertooth tiger (which are also super badass, I hope some Panthers or Pride players pick them for this), a dire wolf is a great representative for Gotze because of their shared ferocity on the ice or during the ice age respectively. No sane player today wants to get chased down on the ice by the supreme predator that is Gotze, just like no sane animal wanted to be chased by a dire wolf.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Hippo Passamus would be a crocodile cause that makes fucking sense. For real though, he'd be a dog that's to lazy to play with you.

RETIRED

For this WFT we'll be transforming the starters of the Outlaws S47 Cup winning team into animals

At Center...
[Image: WestbroekCobra.png?width=217&height=300]
Cobratijn Westbroek 
The first player from this team to leave the Outlaws for the SHL and the first player from this team to join team traitor in Lethbridge, it's only right that the snake gets a snake.

At Left Wing:
[Image: SelmanFennec.png?width=217&height=300]
Lallo Fennech
The team's resident cutie gets the cutest animal with a fennech fox but beware, just like the fennech fox is still a fox and can still hurt you, Lallo can still hurt opposing defenses if they don't defend him well.

At Right Wing:
[Image: GibblesHare.png?width=218&height=300]
Harelin Gibbles
The man who created Outlungus and the man responsible for the Outlaws current identity with a desert hare logo obviously has to rep the animal he brought to the franchise.

At Left Defense:
[Image: KennedyGoat.png?width=217&height=300]
Goatey Kennedy
The goat himself has to be represented by a goat, it's only right. We found a bearded goat since Kennedy is known for his wild beard.

At Right Defense:
[Image: SegerIbek.png?width=217&height=300]
Ibekthias Seger
The Swiss monster Seger locked it down on defense for the Outlaws in S47 just like the Swiss Ibek locks down the Swiss Alps, a beauty of an animal but also a force to be reckoned with, just like Seger.

The Starting Goalie:
[Image: SoonikaLion.png?width=217&height=300]
Tibuk Lionooka
The king of the Outlaws crease has to be represented by none other than the king of the jungle. Tibuk is a lion in his crease, an absolute kind who must be respected at all costs.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I think it is only appropriate to pay homage to my Anaheim Outlaw roots and make myself a desert hare. Quick and Nimble on the ice like a hare running across the desert landscape in search of it's friends and family. Also those things are adorable and raise my stock in cuteness/20 and pets/20.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Gunnar Soderberg would be what we call in Tampa a water dog, which is a fish that lives in the ocean nearby Tampa Bay. It has the body of a barracuda with the head of a dog. It is a very rare fish that not many have seen before, but it is extremely dangerous and territorial.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I would be @efiug. @efiug is a furry so it makes sense. One of the main attributes of an @efiug is joe. The more joe you have the more mama you are, but it has a negative correlation to the amount of bama that is there. Lol im funny

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]