Create Account

Winnipeg Jets Re-Retire Number 9 during "Jason Visser Night" in the Winnipeg Arena.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2019, 01:17 PM by StadiumGambler.)

(Word count is 400ish, just a quickie article I wrote up to pay my respects. And yes, Visser is now in the team HoF, cause hes awesome.)

---

[Image: E6toGAI.png]
(Image courtesy of Julio Tokolosh)

One of the SHL's all-time greats had his number raised to the rafters of the legendary Winnipeg Arena last night, as the Winnipeg Jets re-retired the number 9 for franchise talisman Jason Visser.

The number retiring ceremony took place before the puck dropped for a divisional encounter against the Edmonton Blizzard, with a sold-out crowd in attendance. Visser made a brief speech thanking the Jets fans for their support over the years and thanking various teammates and friends for their help and support over the years, before being given a ceremonial puck and keys to a new blue BMW by Jets GM Ross Irons. Former teammates Zach Evans, Corey Bearss, Big Manius, and New Orleans GM/Player Joe Kurczewski (his teammate in junior and for the USA) also made speeches by satellite talking about the man's storied career. Finally, a video tribute played set to "Kings" by Tribe Society showing numerous Visser career highlights.

Over his 19 year career, Visser played 950 games and registered 938 points (379 goals, 559 assists), and was a multiple time all-star and winner of the Karpotsev, Khan, Mexico, and McDonald Trophies for some excellent play, particularly in Season 41 and 43. Visser was also a two-time hoister of the Challenge Cup in Season 37 and 44, and served as captain for Winnipeg towards the latter half of his career. Visser was respected for his work ethic and professionalism, and is widely expected to be a unanimous first-ballot Hall of Famer when he become eligible for Hall voting. Visser took up the number 9 when it was generously unretired and given to him by former Jets star Lance Uppercut (OOC: Thats my headcanon anyways and I'm sticking to it.), and wore the iconic number with no shortage of dignity, pride, and skill.

The sold-out crowd gave the ceremony a standing ovation, and then settled in for what turned out to be a successful evening for the Jets on the ice, as the Jets got a surprise quickfire double from Troy McClure in the 2nd to get a 4-2 win over the Edmonton Blizzard on home ice. Liam O'Callaghan and former Blizzard player Adam Taylor added singles in the win, while Vivian LeBlanc stopped 21 of 23 shots for her 6th win on the season.

The Jets next contest is a rematch against Edmonton on Edmonton's home ice, before travelling back home to play host to the Tampa Bay Barracuda.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Thank you to the Winnipeg organization for allowing me to say a few words on one of the best hockey players, and people, i ever have been blessed to meet in my life. I love you @ToeDragon84

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Very rewarding ceremony for Jason Visser. CrossFit Jesus enjoyed many great seasons and playoff runs with Jason Visser and was glad to win a Cup with him. Also thanks for the sigs bb @ToeDragon84

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

[Image: raw]

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2019, 12:06 AM by Bonk.)

Visser a true SHL legend.
@ToeDragon84

Gojets Gojets Gojets

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius