Create Account

Hiring: SMJHL Awards Committee Member

Hey all!

I want to thank @slothfacekilla for his service on the committee. He let me know he wanted to step down and let other users have a chance at a job. With his resignation, we have at least one spot open on the team for this season and beyond! I will likely give preference for a newer user, to give them a chance to take more responsibility on site!

Seasonal pay is $2 million for prompt completion of an awards ballot and discussion of awards with the committee.

Applications will be open until Wednesday, December 18th at 11:59pm EST (10:59pm CST). If you're interested in applying, answer the following questions in a PM to me:

Code:
1. Why do you want to be on the SMJHL Awards committee?
2. Do you have ideas regarding improving awards committee moving forward?
3. The awards committee holds a good amount of power in recognizing and awarding outstanding players. How would you go
about remaining fair and impartial in completing your awards committee duties?
4. Honestly, how closely do you follow the SMJHL right now?
5. I want to try to bring some balance in which team alums are represented, where possible. What SMJHL teams do you have
strong ties to, whether as a player/management/etc?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

This is an outstanding first job for newer people (was my first job), especially since HHH took over as head. I urge anyone who wants to dip their toe into the water of SHL jobs to apply!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Bump!

A second slot might be opening up now

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Bump!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Last call, apps close tonight when the site goes dead!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

12-18-2019, 02:19 PMhhh81 Wrote: Last call, apps close tonight when the site goes dead!

are you going to bring down the site like China?

1. Why do you want to be on the SMJHL Awards committee?
   It seems like an interesting job. I just finished doing the awards write-up for St. Louis, and had fun. 

I don't have any ideas at this time, but if I do, I'd be sure to present them.

3. The awards committee holds a good amount of power in recognizing and awarding outstanding players. How would you go
   Basing considerations on player stats, activity level, and (in split cases) team record would seem pretty impartial. In the hypothetical situation that two identical players are up for an award, they can both receive it.

Not the closest, but I am somewhat aware of who is doing well and some of the story lines with different teams.

5. I want to try to bring some balance in which team alums are represented, where possible. What SMJHL teams do you have

This season is my first experience with the SHL and forum-based simulation in general. I play for the St. Louis Scarecrows.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

12-18-2019, 04:36 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: 1. Why do you want to be on the SMJHL Awards committee?
   It seems like an interesting job. I just finished doing the awards write-up for St. Louis, and had fun. 

Basing considerations on player stats, activity level, and (in split cases) team record would seem pretty impartial. In the hypothetical situation that two identical players are up for an award, they can both receive it.

Not the closest, but I am somewhat aware of who is doing well and some of the story lines with different teams.

This season is my first experience with the SHL and forum-based simulation in general. I play for the St. Louis Scarecrows.

This probably should have been a PM but public apps are kinda a cool idea.

12-18-2019, 04:36 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: 1. Why do you want to be on the SMJHL Awards committee?

Hello! Please send me a PM Smile

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

12-18-2019, 04:17 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
12-18-2019, 02:19 PMhhh81 Wrote: Last call, apps close tonight when the site goes dead!

are you going to bring down the site like China?

Sir. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=101905

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

12-18-2019, 11:15 PMhhh81 Wrote:
12-18-2019, 04:17 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: are you going to bring down the site like China?

Sir. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=101905

Ya thats on me. Still think it was China though.

Thanks again to @JSS and @slothfacekilla for their service to the committee.

Congrats to @kenvald and @puolivalmiste as our newest team members! GET TO WORK.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Congrats! Goodluck in your new positions!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]