Create Account

The Team plays Old School Runescape together

Picture this, it's 2007 and you're supposed to be sleeping, but you're actually playing runescape instead. The CRT is filling your dark room with blinding bright lights, and you move your character around the world, completing various tasks for items and money. Well it's not 2007 anymore, it's almost not even 2019 anymore, but Runescape is still a thing, somehow, and people are still playing it. I figured, the team is slumping, practice is practice, but instead of practicing our hockey, let's practice our nostalgia. I got a few of my teammates in New England so hop on some old school Runescape with me and hash it out.

We all started on Tutorial Island, created our characters, designed how we wanted them to look, and learned the basics. How to mine ore, how to catch fish, how to bake bread, use the bank, fight monsters with melee attacks, ranged, and even magic, and figured out what prayers do and why they are allegedly useful. After completing the tutorial island, we were just thrown out into Lumbridge, the initial castle, and from there we set out on our journey. First we started by killing cows and goblins, to level up our characters and get some money to purchase starting gear with. I, the resident expert, advised people to collect cowhides to sell later, as they went for a relatively high price on the Grand Exchange. We each had our own starting priorities. I was mainly training melee and I like to hit things with my hands, Guy Zheng was training magic as he is an intellectual. Otter was training ranged, as he is somewhat of an odd bird, and likes things that most others don't. After a while we had a few inventories worth of cow hide and were getting tired of only training attack so we ventured off to do some quests.

The first quest we did was to give a chef some food. We had just learned how to make bread in the tutorial so this was a breeze for us. We found the required ingredients, combined everything together, and delivered the final product to the Chef who rewarded us greatly for out efforts. After that quest, we found a restless ghost haunting the Lumbridge graveyard and listed to him vent about his problems. He asked us to find his head and reattach it to his body so he would finally die. Upon completion, his ghost withered away, and we never saw of him since. We did get a nice amulet though as a reward, and quite a bit of prayer experience.

We decided to take a quick break from questing and instead undergo our own efforts to continue to global warming: we cut down a bunch of trees and then set fire to them all. That was just a quick break, however, we then dove into catching fish and cooking them, we really were playing the game in a well-rounded manner. The only thing we weren't doing was runecrafting, because training that skill is reserved for those who are actually insane. We grinded out skilling for quite a while, but wow is was tedious. Satisfied with how our skills were turning on, we switched gears back towards completing quests. Whatever you can think of, we were doing. Shearing sheep to make wool, killing imps for magical beads, saving desert Princes' from bandits, purging demons that had been summoned by dark wizards, all working towards being able to accomplish the largest quest for a free-to-play player: Dragon Slayer.

Now Dragon Slayer is tough, and we needed more than just the few of us Wolfpack members to complete it. So what did we do? We invited out some of the potential SHL S52 first rounders to help us out. The first of the bunch was Adam Scianna, a two way defenseman with strengths in passing, defense, and skating, and a weakness in puck handling. As a rookie, he was already playing over 20 minutes a night for Kelowna and we could use that kind of stamina in our party.

The next rookie we invited to play with us was Simothy Drunkebird, a centre, currently playing for the Colorado Raptors. He is a power forward that utilizes strength, defense, and skating as his skills, with passing as a weakness. He were always missing that Leroy Jenkins factor in our party and we believe that we would definitely be a great asset for us in terms of slaying this dragon. Someone that can just rush in and tank while other members work their magic from other areas of the arena; he would for sure become a valuable teammate for us.

The third draftee, we asked to come hang out with us was none other than Sabo Tage, another dman, this time playing for Vancouver. This particular defenseman is an offensive one, and I don't just mean the way he speaks with others. For a supposed offensive dman, he did not find himself on the scoresheet very much this past season, playing all 50 games but only registering 2 goals and 3 assists. His strengths are scoring, defense and skating, and he has a weakness of checking much like all the other players in this league. This is a rookie that we really need to look out for. With a name like Sabo Tage, it is possible that he might sabotage our efforts of completing our quest. Perhaps he may even side with the dragon and slay us!! Unfortunately it is a risk we must take as we sus out who we are going to be drafting later this week. 

If you've read this far, you may have noticed this story is barely about runescape anymore and you'd be right. Dragon Slayer isn't a hard quest. It's actually pretty easy, and it's not something you do with a group of people. Well if you've ever played runescape, you know what the actual difficulty of the quest is and I'm going to tell you about something that's even easier than completing the quest. Making money. 

Code:
2x Draft Media, WC: 1038

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

OSRS gang rise up

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

OSRS GANG rise ip

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

OSRS pog

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Ironman btw

01-16-2020, 01:05 PMZomp Wrote: Ironman btw
Gross

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

01-16-2020, 01:05 PMZomp Wrote: Ironman btw
Hardcore btw

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Ilike

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

01-16-2020, 12:05 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: OSRS gang rise up

Misthalin Maniacs baby

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

OSRS gang rise up

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Oh yeah bb just try and match my wc lv

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

meet me in wildy, bring ur armor set

:flash2::wave: buying gf

[Image: giphy.mp4]

catch me grinding on the Winterthot

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]