Create Account

S51 PT #5 - In The Kitchen

When he was younger, Akira Ren spent time working at Café Leblanc in Yongen-Jaya under the tutelage of the legendary Sojiro Sakura. Many travelers from around the globe would come to Café Leblanc to enjoy Sakura’s signature coffee and curry. During his time at Café Leblanc, Ren learned how to make these signature dishes. On his final day in Yongen-Jaya, Sakura gave Ren his legendary recipes.

Ren personally likes his coffee darker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than hell itself. But his teammates in Chicago don’t have the same taste. Luckily, they are big fans of his other coffee recipes that pair wonderfully with the curry and Ren is always happy to cook for them. Nick Conolly likes the “Indonesian Kopi Luwak”, a rare coffee made by collecting coffee beans that have been through the digestive track of the Asian palm civet. Lallo Selman likes the “Panama Esmeralda Geisha” that has a floral aroma, fresh acidity, and sweet aftertones. Martijn Westbroek is a fan of the “Brazilian Bourbon” a rare bean with balanced acidity and bitterness that has notable soft sweetness and clean finish.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Michael Scarn makes the best french toast and pancakes in the world. When he was starting up the Michael Scott Paper Company, Michael Scarn whipped up a huge batch of rectangular shaped pancakes for the big client bruncheon that the company was holding in the parking lot of the Scranton Business Park, so that they could attract new customers. The pancake bruncheon was actually how they secured their very first deal with their first customer! So, Michael Scarn has had a bunch of experience cooking up some delicious pancakes, even though the employees of Dunder Mifflin may disagree with the shape of the pancakes. Also, Michael Scarn has a lot of experience making french toast. It's very important to have a healthy, hearty breakfast to start the day, so Michael Scarn starts each day by cooking up like 50 pieces of french toast, stacked up high on a plate, in his bathrobe. Delicious!

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

SixNine is probably the best chef on the entire Hamilton Steelhawks roster, the young defenseman was once touted as the next Gordon Ramsey at his countys national bake-off in Chicago. He made a 7 layer cake with all the works and had it free standing - he was only bested by a guy who was 10 years old and had much more experience. SixNine also is an expert in making grilled cheese sandos - which may actually be his specialty. The young kid has yet to find a new family so he usualy celebrates the holidays by himself and will most likely make some more grilled cheese sandwhiches this year. He also is trying to make a turkey this year, but add a nice spin onto it where he stuff it with bread and cheese and then throws some hot sauce inside and cooks the turkey, and there you have it. A grilled turkey cheese sando.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

I'm a fucking all star. You really think All stars cook for themselves? Listen, Thicc can make a mean bowl of soup, or an unreal bowl of chili if i'm really feeling adventurous. But let's be honest here, as a hockey player I have very little time to spend in the Kitchen. Halifax has an awesome little place right down the road from where I live, and its very reasonably priced. Why would I spend hours in the kitchen everyday cooking extravagant meals when I could simply run down the street and get a beauty meal from my friends at Goobers Niblets? Its a small little family owned joint and they even will deliver to me now because I eat there so much - and because I tip so well. The only time I will cook is if the boys are in for a wild night out, because you know we gotta start the night right before we go trolling for the beautiful hunnies.

[Image: img]

Cassius Darrow is an excellent chef. While many of his peers and teammates are out on town making mayhem (looking at you, Monkey D. Luffy @TnlAstatine) or home with their young families, one of Darrow’s main hobbies over the last few years has been cooking.

It started out during his second season in the SMJHL, when he found a house with fellow sophomores Alexander Selich @Tomen, Aleksandr Aleksandrov, and other teammates. Darrow attempted to cook more often (in contrast to Jakub Novak’s proclivities for take out and Aleksandrov not leaving his room at all. He was solid enough with the basics: boiling water, sautéing, and baking meats, and grew to add a wide variety of other balanced, healthy and delicious options. When he reached the SHL in Buffalo, he spent more time developing his homemade sauce skills (seriously, you should try this man’s pan sauces).

While he doesn’t wish to admit it, Darrow has discovered a love for French cuisine (even if he dislikes the people immensely). His native German dishes are solid, although “lack the soul of my home country.” This explains why he is always on the lookout for quality German restaurants—“after the Kelowna debacle, I gained a deeper appreciation and selectivity for my sausages. When I find a spot that’s good, I never forget.”

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2019, 12:10 PM by Bruins10.)

Kaspars Claude as always been into weight lifting and eating "bodybuilding" types of meals. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it isnt a tasty thing either. Breakfast is usually oatmeal or eggwhites that come liquid from Costco. Lunch is something like a type of green, that you eat and not that you smoke, a healthy carb like sweet potato or quinoa, and then a protein such as chicken, tuna, bass, or other white meats or light fish. Supper is usually where he gets a little bit fancier where he will use some sauces and some marination to get the flavours going with the dish. But even at that, he will pop it in the oven and then let it cook on its own. A basic cook that usually preps things or takes advantage of the Specters cooking facility when he is there for practices and for games.

What makes Kaspars a smart cook is that he tries to meal prep either for the week or for half of the week. SO atleast he doesnt have to go crazy if he is travelling or on the road, if he has to stay late for film or for some off ice training or treatment. Some tupperwares coime in clutch

A little secret also, Claude sometimes goes there just to steal their food when he doesnt want to eat cause he lives close to the facilities.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

During his time in Anchorage, Darnell Johnson basically acted as the team cook. Between parties at his house, parties at other places and breakfast at morning skate, the guy never got to stop cooking. Before moving up to Anchorage he had never really messed around with baked good. Cooking, he felt, was more an art whereas baking more a science. There was a reason he didn't go into a STEM field, after all. But seeing the price of some baked goods up here? ...He'd make his own. In fact, one of Darnell's parties got publicized after it led to a meat-based coma for then-Anchorage teammate Ekko Van Otter (@hotdog) and inspired Gabe Johnson (@Gwdjohnson) to end his sophomore slump. The secret to Darnell's cooking? Patience. And carefully standing on the shoulders of giants - namely his mom and dad, who were both acclaimed chefs of their own right - to raid their cookbooks.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

[Image: H3zzCUe.jpg]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

I would definitely say that my skills in the kitchen seriously need to improve. I’m not incompetent, and I can get by making a few things for myself, but if I have to do something different, I definitely need to follow a recipe to the letter and it usually takes about 2 hours to make a meal that way. The worst part about it is I watch so many cooking videos on YouTube and I feel like I know a ton of tricks and tips to do things properly, but I can never execute them well.

When it comes to actually making food, I tend to stick to stuff like meat and pasta. I can cook a nice steak, and season it properly. I am also quite capable of making myself some pasta for any occasion. Chicken I tend to overcook because I’m scared about salmonella, so that tends to be a tough one to eat sometimes, but for the most part, my meals are decent. I wish I was able to be a little more creative and make things on the fly.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

I have experimented with new recipes all the time. I like trying new things and expanding my horizons. If I am trying to make something quick and easy, I’ll go with some meat and throw it on the stove with some seasoning. If I’ m going for something healthy, I’ll toss some veggies in a pot and steam them. When steaming the veggies, it’s essential to add some olive oil to the mix. If I’m trying to go all out, I’ll get a hot pocket or something. Man, those things are crazy, they get hotter than hell somehow. They’re alright, but I’m sure super bad for you and if they’re real greasy can lead to heartburn. Point is, eating hot pockets is essentially playing with fire. You got to weigh the risk versus the reward. If you’re going to be eating hot pockets soon, then play on playboy, but if it goes poorly, then you really only have yourself to blame.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Alex Petrenko likes to think of himself as a capable chef, a cut above the typical young bachelor. His knowledge of cooking comes, of course, from his mother. He grew up enjoying her wonderful takes on Russian staples and often took time to help in the kitchen when he wasn't overwhelmed by schoolwork or hockey practice. It shouldn't be surprising, then, that his signature dish is also one that his mom was very well known for: beef stroganoff. This hearty dish of beef and onions in a creamy sauce served over noodles is the ultimate comfort food for Alex, especially during cold winter nights back home. In California, that winter weather that makes stroganoff so perfect never seems to come, but he still makes it for himself regularly because the flavors remind him of home. It's the perfect cure when he's feeling homesick. It may not be the most healthy thing for a young athlete to eat, but sometimes nothing else will do.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Dick Clapper is capable of many things, cooking is not one of his strengths, however. Sure he can make the basics like chicken and fish and pizza. But just real simple stuff. A few spices, a little rub, and then just chuck it in the oven until it's ready. But he's no superstar about it. Unlike teammate Guy Zheng, he doesn't know how to use a sous vide machine. That's a little too complicated for him. On a side note, does cereal count as something you make? Or is it just something that you prepare? Is there a big difference in terms of what can be made and what can be prepared. Who knows. But on that same note, it can be argued that Dick Clapper is great at preparing food dishes, and less so at making them. He absolutely loves to make pizza though. It's super fun, very simple, and the end product is delicious.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Kennedy Jr is known not only just around the Big Parm as the wolrds premiere chef, but the city of Calgary as a whole knows that he is no stranger to the kitchen. There is not a thing that he has not been able to master, wether it's a lemon meringue pie, that is just the right amount of sponginess, a creamy hollandaise sauce for an amazing eggs benedict or a souffle that has been known to bring people to tears of joy after they taste it. Since coming to Calgary, he has added a baked chicken parm as well as a chicken parm sub to his repetoire of course and they have been voted as the best chicken parms in the city for the last 3 years running. Kennedy has become the teams own personal chef and looks to negotiate some terms into his next contract about the kitchen area of the arena.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Cannellini is no good in the kitchen. He hasn't cooked a day in his life. He doesn't want to cook. He just wants to order fast food or have his mom cook for him. Why do you think he would be able to cook? He can't even play hockey properly, and with the amount of time that it takes to play in the Simulated Hockey League that he has no time to do any of that. He can barely keep his place clean, so you expect him to be able to make any kind of cooking decisions? He does like to bake a lot, which is something he enjoyed when he was a kid, but I am not sure if that really translates to cooking actual food. You should try his cookies some time, they are really good. Probably the best in the league. Don't believe me? Ask the Panthers.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

12-23-2019, 01:39 PMchetib Wrote: Tibuk Soonika is a terrible cook. But that is fine because ever since he has been transplanted into Swiss life he has learned the wonders that are Fondue and Raclette. Both dishes Tibuk has found out have proved rather hard to mess up really badly. Tibuk has in fact become so enamoured with these means of cooking that he has ventured out to try and see if he can give his own twists to these classic hearty dishes. Recent attempts have included; using bacon fat fondue to cook breakfast foods or "Breakfast Fondue", using traditional pacific seafood (shipped from the home boys in Anaheim) in Raclette, Various experiments with different cheese in Raclette, and finally the crowning achievement "Caramel Fondue". The world of Swiss traditional foods and cooking are becoming a staple at the Soonika house hold and it does not look it is going to be changing. Even if the trainers in Chicago are harping on him about his love handles.

Having more goalie in the net is surely a competitive advantage!

Google chefclub on YouTube.. French cooking channel that I think you would enjoy..

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page