Create Account

S51 SMJHL PT 5 - Big Screen Action
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 02:53 PM by ej27.)

Congrats! You just woke up in an alternate dimension where you're the lead actor in a movie... about yourself and your hockey team??

Requirements
Written option: Give us a brief synopsis of the movie, and choose three SMJHL/SHL players to be your co-star, director, and producer. Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Create a movie poster for the film. Must include 1. Movie title 2. Release date 3. Names of the 3 SHL/SMJHL players who are your co-star, director, and producer.

(ty i am a coupon for this PT concept)

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S51 SMJHL Rookies (S52 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline Monday 12/30 @10pm ET DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 1/3 AT 10PM CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

[Image: hgv5MCp.png]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Flying Falcons

An inspiring tale of two young rookies who join a struggling, rebuilding hockey team in Detroit, Michigan, and pass, skate and shoot their way into the hearts of the Detroit fans and to the top of the SMJHL table. How a young Swiss playmaker and an American goalgetter find each other on the ice and take their struggling hockey team by the glove to lead them to much deserved glory in the SMJHL. This heart-warming hockey-story follows the Swiss-born rookie winger Cal Labovitch from boarding his flight to Detroit to play on the fourth line, all the way through his rookie season were Cal Labovitch and the American rookie center Luke McMaster go all the way to the top three on the rookie leaderboard and spark a flame in the Falcon's organisation that will see them rise up to the top of the SMJHL in the following seasons.

Co-starring: @lukejm37 - Luke McMaster
Producer: @nour Skao Anazibf
Director: @notorioustig Tig Murphy

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2019, 10:55 AM by takethehorizon.)

Sláinte on Ice
Directed by: Luciano Vessot
Stars: Cillian Kavanagh, Ryan Shepard, Andrey Barbashev, Luca Del Vecchio
Produced by: Barry Batsbak

"In a world....where all hockey players are superheros... "record scratch"

"The year is 1980 in Dublin, Ireland. We meet a college drop out named Cillian Kavanagh who was kicked off his hurling team due to non stop drinking and partying. Cillian was a goalkeeper at Trinity College where he excelled in the sport of hurling and was considered to have some of the best reflexes the Irish had seen since Charlie Nash. Hurling was simply not enough for young Cillian who had stumbled across the British playing what looked to be a hurling game on ice which he watched on the telly with ma and pa. Cillian dreamed of more. Although hockey was not established as a sport in Ireland, he would see to it that if more people knew the rules of the sport that it would be convincing enough to form a league at the local rink in Dublin. 
Determined to find local support, Cillian meets Ryan Shepard, a former figure skating player who Cillian saw as a talented centre for his non existent hockey club. The two quickly became friends and began to look for more volunteers to join their club. Ryan introduces Cillian to Andrey Barbashev, a teenage former bronze medal figure skater out of Austria. The three of them managed to find the rest of the team in just 1 month time and begin playing. 
Locals could not believe how entertaining this new sport was to watch; especially former goaltender player and coach Luca De Vecchio. Hockey had long been established in Italy and was on the rise throughout Europe. Del Vecchio was the starting netminder on the 1964 Italian Olympic team. Though hesitant at first, Cillian and the boys made it clear to Del Vecchio that they needed him to coach and establish them as a solid hockey club. Del Vecchio accepted the coaching position and in one year's time they were a developed team. 
In the following years Del Vecchio and Kavanagh helped established youth hockey organizations throughout Ireland with a special focus on goaltending. By 1996, the Ireland was accepted into the IIHF by a nomination from Great Britain and a second by Canada. Kavanagh's group of misfit hockey players was the first movement to establish the great sport of hockey in Ireland.."

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

[Image: VvYgP6Q.jpg]

An athlete on the big screen? I must be Boban Marjanovic now! The movie plot is simple, my main character is obviously me, Bale. It is a artistic depiction of the way that I grew up in Latvia and had a friend kidnapped. I am in the Town Hall Square with Kristaps Porzingis before he gets stolen. Then my co-partner investigator and SHL retiree, OJ Simpson, comes and helps me track down the kidnapper. When finding him we find out that it it CT Carragher, the SMJHL teammate of mine. To get Kristaps to the Dallas Mavericks, he says that I must play on the Anaheim Outlaws with him and OJ Simpson begins to train me to get me ready to move to America to play hockey. The story looks at them savign Kristaps and training Bale to get him ready for the big leagues. It is directed by Strom Chamberlain and produced by Shawn Velevra.

The Axe Stick Brothers

He is the strange, inefficient lumberjack with a hockey stick for an axe. The other he is an axe handle maker struggling to keep his craft afloat. Together they salvage hockey rinks for left over timber from sticks to try and rejuvenate the axe handle business. But there is one important thing they did not think about... Old and used hockey sticks are not really that good to use for axe handles. Now they are in much deeper trouble than before. But then, there is a sudden stroke of genius. What if they were to use axe handles for hockey sticks. That would be a surefire way of increasing business.

We follow the story of the Axe Stick Brothers on their journey trying to create an axe handle from hockey sticks, or hockey sticks from axe handles. Will they succeed? Probably not. But there is only one way to find out!

Starring Sven "Axe Handle" Yxskaft as the strange lumberjack. Co-starring Jean-Paul "Kiss my axe" Boivin as the struggling axe handle maker. Directed by White "Death and axes" Goodman and produced by Nicholas "Axe on, Axe off" Corrigan.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2019, 10:11 AM by notoriousTRON.)

Before the stardom of the SHL, there were juniors. The place of long bus rides and short tempers. This quirky comedy follows the Anaheim Outlaws on a roadtrip through Western Canada during a mediocre season. Staring Rhys Pritchard, Strom Chamberlain and C.T. Carragher as SMJHL rookies with big dreams and even bigger egos as they discover that the reality of a couple of seasons in juniors isn't just something you can skate through. Their teammates seek to humble and even embarrass them as they slog through British Columbia, Alaska, British Columbia, Alberta and back to British Columbia. Their SHL dreams may be iced if they can't learn that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts and a man's draft slot means about as much as his jock strap.

Written and directed by Ivan Maximus Executive Producer Brandon Donini. In theatres January 2020, This film is not yet rated.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

The Halifax Raiders major junior hockey team gets the surprise of their lives when they are transported a thousand years back in time and find themselves having to learn how to live not as hockey players, but as actual viking raiders! How will they cope with a lack of soda and video games? Who will get in trouble after drinking far too much mead? Will their time in the past teach them to appreciate life, find love, or simply miss the future? How will a sweet deke or glove save translate to glory on the battlefield?  And when they are faced with true danger, who will survive? In the end, who will make it home to the 20th century and who will decide to stay in the lives they made for for themselves in the past? Catch it tonight on Disney+ and see what all the hype is about! Starring Olli Saarinen, Jr, Thicc Cheezy, and Julien Villeneuve. Directed by Perry Morgan and produced by Andrej Doskocil.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2019, 01:48 PM by Glyc.)

Movie Name: A Whale’s Tail
Producer: Bobby Bobcalf
Director: Sven Yxshaft
Co-Star: Mikas Bieksa
Release Date: Never 2083
The endearing story of two Defensemen at sea looking for the perfect Whale to harpoon and bring home to their team and families. Mikas Bieksa and Sabo Tage are at sea searching for a whale to bring fame and glory to their families when a storm hits and they are stranded . After seven days at sea, they encounter a group seemingly keen to help, but it turns out it’s the evil Cannibalistic Anchorage Armada who have come to eat all their giblets. Luckily our boys steal an engine some how because they’re smart as heck and they escape, catching a whale on their way home. This whale was magnificent and brought them all their dreams to fruition. Upon arriving home they are lauded as heroes for braving the despicable Armada and bringing such a pretty whale home, the parade was imminent and our heroes cemented their legacy as bad boys.

I am not sure what has happened but I woke up this morning and had multiple missed calls on my phone asking about where we were as we were late to start shooting our movie.  I had no idea what they were talking about but apparently some magic has happened and we are now the stars of a movie called Shogun Hockey Assassins.  The plot is a hockey team who secretly travels the world under the premise of playing exhibition games against other hockey teams while at the same time being assassins hired to take out the worlds worst criminals.  All of the team members all know kung fu and are experts in the deadly arts of mortal combat.  The movie is set to release on Christmas day 2020 and is directed by Luke McMaster, produced by Jmac NCheese, and stars Kaarlo Kekkonen and I.  Each of us has our own specialty, Kaarlo kills with his wicked slap shot of death and Guy with the cross check from hell. 

Code:
169 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

It was so strange that I woke up today with the knowledge that a feature film is to be made that features the story of the Moreau family in the SHL, almost entirely made by the family too! I am the star of the movie, simply titled “Moreau”, with my father Marc-André Moreau acting as director, my uncle Cédric Moreau will be the co star of the movie as he mentors Simon in what it means to be a professional hockey player and to carry on the legacy of the family name. It will be produced by the close friend of the Moreau family Brandon Gauthier, a former SHL player for the Los Angeles Panthers who went on to work in the movie making business after retiring from the SHL. It will be a family affair made by players who played in the SHL and relays the story of the family during three generations. It will be released on New Years Day 2021. I hope you all make it to the theatre to see it!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2019, 01:46 AM by Rindiee.)

Luxurious Lions

A tale of three scrumptious hockey studs hailing from the great Lethbridge, Alberta. In this tale we follow the lives of SLATT Potts, Riley Kuse and Martijn Westbroek (who happens to be the tasty GM) the movie is shot as if it is a day in the life/documentary. We follow Kuse and Potts starting from their time in midget puck, to SMJHL draft day, throughout the season until its conclusion. While for Westbroek, we follow him through his daily life as General Manager some things being: scouting, making calls before draft day, making draft day picks, setting lines depending on what their opponents have to offer, and so on and so forth. In most cases Westbroek has to steer his players in the right direction as they tend to repel females. However, Potts and Kuse are a different breed. Westbroek faces issues of these two studly Lions having too many birdies in the dressing room! Making it very difficult for other players to stay focused, as they all want to be like the great Potts and Kuse. The rest of the story? Well... you're gonna have to watch the Luxurious Lions premiering December 29th to find out.

Director: @Rindiee
Producer(s): @JNH @Rindiee
Co-Stars: @JNH @BuckeyeKeese

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

[Image: 781ZB6B.png]

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Scarecrow Noises – A new horror film starring current SMJHL St. Louis Scarerows rookie stars Mega Tron and Danny Marston is set to drop this Halloween. Tron has been in several movies before making his leap to ice hockey including the acclaimed Transfomers series. Marston will be making his acting debut in this thriller about brothers who get lost in a cornfield and are being chased by a homicidal scarecrow. The movie has been raved about by critics saying that this is going to be the break through movie for former SHL player turned director Nour Harrak. Harrak has also directed commercials for Canadian Tire, PepBoys, and Trojan Condoms. The film is being produced by former SHL player Ben Dover’s production company, to this point Ben Dover Films has focused largely on the adult film industry featuring many former hockey players from 22 different leagues and 7 different countries. This will be their first dive into a full length feature film that should hit the box office.

Need a sig :-/