Create Account

Carolina Kraken/Simmer Punishments

It has recently come to the attention of SMJHL HO that the Carolina Kraken did not fully meet the six (6) game requirement of back-up games played for season 51. When informed of this fact, Kraken management informed HO that they did indeed message the simmer (in this case Kalakar) about changing their lines for a sim and would have reached the required number of back-up games played if this was done properly. They provided evidence of this and this was taken into account.

SMJHL HO has discussed the infraction and evidence supplied and have ruled in the following manner:

#1. Due to Carolina not playing all six (6) required back-up games in the season, they will be penalized and required to play an additional two (2) back-up games next season, increasing the total they now require in season 52 to eight (8) back-up games in total.

#2. Due to a miscommunication issue between both Kraken management and the simmer previously mentioned, there will be no fine to the Kraken budget in Season 52.

#3. Alternatively, due to being PMed the required lines for the Kraken, and failing to apply them properly, causing the back-up goalie requirement to not be met, simmer Kalakar will be fined $1m.

#4. In the future, all GMs will be required to post in their lines thread on the forums for all line changes, even those sent over Discord or other means of communication. If a team does NOT post an update in the lines thread, the simmer will not apply your update, regardless of if they
received it or not. This will be added to the SMJHL Rulebook in the very near future and apply to all teams going forward.

We thank Kraken management for being open with us during this process. We hope to provide a fair balance here as the infraction was not one sided and we can use this as a learning process for the league and all SMJHL team management for the future. By applying this new rule, we hope to avoid any future roster or line issues that may affect a team or league in such a manner going forward.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2019, 06:42 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Oh, simmers get punished for this now? When Minny wanted the simmer to be at least a little accountable for this exact thing back in whenever, we were laughed at.

Different HO tho, but still.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Kraken management must be havin a crackin good time lately

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

smjhl ho big succ

[Image: 3.png]

Thank you for the reasonable punishment guys, sucks this happened but hopefully this will stop something dumb like this from ever being an issue again.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

12-23-2019, 06:42 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Oh, simmers get punished for this now? When Minny wanted the simmer to be at least a little accountable for this exact thing back in whenever, we were laughed at.

Everybody hates Minny though

[Image: lebbish.gif]

12-23-2019, 06:42 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Oh, simmers get punished for this now? When Minny wanted the simmer to be at least a little accountable for this exact thing back in whenever, we were laughed at.

SMJHL and SHL have two different governing bodies. These also took place many seasons apart. So different people, different time and different circumstances.

Other than that though, strong point Sweggy

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

seems pretty straight forward

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Still think it's harsh on the simmer

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

12-24-2019, 06:49 AMKatth Wrote: Still think it's harsh on the simmer
Just for my own curiosity, what makes you say that?

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

12-24-2019, 10:48 AM39alaska39 Wrote:
12-24-2019, 06:49 AMKatth Wrote: Still think it's harsh on the simmer
Just for my own curiosity, what makes you say that?

Simmer can get a ton of PM's regarding lines and those are easier to get lost than doing the updates from the site. You can argue that he shouldn't have agreed to it, but I can understand him wanting to be flexible. His flexibility is now costing him, so the new rule change is an obvious one.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

12-23-2019, 09:18 PMLeppish Wrote:

Everybody hates Minny though

What the fuck. SHL has a Minnesota team?

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

12-24-2019, 08:03 PMC9Van Wrote:
12-23-2019, 09:18 PMLeppish Wrote: Everybody hates Minny though

What the fuck. SHL has a Minnesota team?

Indeedydoodle

[Image: lebbish.gif]