Create Account

SMJHL S51 PT 6 - Season in Review

The job of a professional hockey player doesn't all happen on the ice--there are fan events you have to appear at, interviews before and after the games you have to do... and sometimes the media team harasses you into making dumb videos with your teammates.

Task: 

Written Option: Team up with another rookie on your team (or a senddown if there are no other rookies) and ask each other at least four questions each about the past season. You get full credit if you both ask and answer four questions.

Graphics Option: Make the still-frame cover for a YouTube video of such an interview. Must include team logo, at least two renders, and a title.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S51 SMJHL Rookies (S52 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline 1/5 @ 10 CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

[Image: Qebkojx.png]

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Hey Outlaw fans! Welcome to The Interrogation Room: A video series where members of the Anaheim Outlaws interview each other.

I'm rookie forward Rhys Pritchard and on this edition of the show I'm going to interview my fellow rookie Strom Chamberlain (@Geekusoid)

R: Strom, the first question that I'm going to ask you is something that I'm certain is on all of our fans minds. What does it feel like to be drafted two rounds later than someone so good looking and talented? It must be hard for you to have such high expectations to compare yourself to.
S: Well, they say the second time around is always better.  Hard to compare talents.  I mean, you try to score the puck, I try to stop it.  I've stopped tons of yours though, haha.

R: What's been the hardest part of adjusting to the SMJHL? Probably keeping the puck out the net huh?
S: Hardest part of adjusting to the SMJHL, aside from keeping the puck out of my net is probably getting used to playing on a whole different level.  At home, you can be the best on the team and get noticed.  In the SMJHL and SHL, you are among peers...best of the best.  It can get tough.

R: Especially when one of your peers is me I guess.
R: I'm sure the fans want to get to know more about you, what kind of music are you into?
S: I'm from the midwest man.  Its all about that hippity hop.  Just kidding.  Country is obviously my thing along with alternative rock.

R: Yeah, I've actually been meaning to talk to you about that. Can you turn your music down in the locker room? Some of us are trying to focus on getting ready for our opponent and it's distracting. Especially the line dancing.
R: I know there are a lot of single female Outlaw fans who are dying to know: Is there a special someone someone in this goalies life?
S: Wouldn't they like to know.

R: I see how it is, trying to be mysterious. You're breaking a lot of girls hearts but I know you know what you're doing.

Thanks for tuning in to The Interrogation Room. You can send all of your fan-mail and love letters to Strom Chamberlain Locker number 70, home locker room, The Outlaw Saloon, Anaheim CA 92802.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

12-30-2019, 02:25 PMnotoriousTRON Wrote: Hey Outlaw fans! Welcome to The Interrogation Room: A video series where members of the Anaheim Outlaws interview each other.

I'm rookie forward Rhys Pritchard and on this edition of the show I'm going to interview my fellow rookie Strom Chamberlain (@Geekusoid)

R: Strom, the first question that I'm going to ask you is something that I'm certain is on all of our fans minds. What does it feel like to be drafted two rounds later than someone so good looking and talented? It must be hard for you to have such high expectations to compare yourself to.
S: Well, they say the second time around is always better.  Hard to compare talents.  I mean, you try to score the puck, I try to stop it.  I've stopped tons of yours though, haha.

R: What's been the hardest part of adjusting to the SMJHL? Probably keeping the puck out the net huh?
S: Hardest part of adjusting to the SMJHL, aside from keeping the puck out of my net is probably getting used to playing on a whole different level.  At home, you can be the best on the team and get noticed.  In the SMJHL and SHL, you are among peers...best of the best.  It can get tough.

R: Especially when one of your peers is me I guess.
R: I'm sure the fans want to get to know more about you, what kind of music are you into?
S: I'm from the midwest man.  Its all about that hippity hop.  Just kidding.  Country is obviously my thing along with alternative rock.

R: Yeah, I've actually been meaning to talk to you about that. Can you turn your music down in the locker room? Some of us are trying to focus on getting ready for our opponent and it's distracting. Especially the line dancing.
R: I know there are a lot of single female Outlaw fans who are dying to know: Is there a special someone someone in this goalies life?
S: Wouldn't they like to know.

R: I see how it is, trying to be mysterious. You're breaking a lot of girls hearts but I know you know what you're doing.

Thanks for tuning in to The Interrogation Room. You can send all of your fan-mail and love letters to Strom Chamberlain Locker number 70, home locker room, The Outlaw Saloon, Anaheim CA 92802.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Strom grabs the camera and the microphone and pulls out a clip on tie.  He takes the tie and clips it to the front of his sweater and pulls the microphone up to his mouth.

You can't just dismiss us like that already Rhys.  I mean, that's just poor manners.  We know how you Brit's are with your manners.  Its time for you to answer some questions now.

Strom reaches into his pocket and whips out some 3x5 index cards with what looks to be random gibberish drawn on it.

Alright Rhys, question number one.  Being from across the pond, what's the hardest adjustment you've had to make living in the states now?

[R]:  Travel takes forever. I can get in my car and drive across the UK from Cardiff to Edinburgh in like under 7 hours. Some of the bus rides here take days. It's mental.

You think it's bad now, just wait until the next time we trip across Texas.  Sixteen hours of driving and you're still in the SAME STATE!  Now that's mental.

Question number two.  See, I wrote the number two on the card.   Strom clears his throat obnoxiously.  Question two:  You ranked #1 in points among rookies this year.  That's a pretty cool accomplishment.  How does it feel to not be good enough to be top 10 in virtually everything else (Shorthanded goals not included)?

[R]: Haha It's good to have motivation to get better. Gotta have somewhere to improve. Give it a couple of seasons.

Right, right.  Okay, question three!  They ran a new promotion this year in the Saloon, doughnut night that featured different bakeries around the area.  What was your favorite new pastry?

[R]: Our pastries in the UK are so different from what you all have in the states. You yanks really like your sugar huh? I like the bearclaws a lot, but honestly I just miss a good scone.

Scone's are nice.  What's those one little cookie things you brought in last week?  Those were delicious!

[R]:  Macarons?

Yeah, macaronis.  That's what I thought.  Anyway, last question:  Looking back at your performance on the season, what's one thing...besides your hairstyle, that you would want to change?

[R]: I'd offer to refer you to my salon after this but I don't know if they'll be able to fix… that. So aside from my hair I'd say that I had my first fight of my career against Daniel Bischoff of the Armada and it didn’t go great… I'd like to have that one back.

I bet you would, and to help you improve for next season I bought you this!

Strom reaches behind them and pulls out a classic game, Rock-em Sock-em Robots.

Here, now you can practice in your downtime!  Ohhh!

Strom drops the microphone and waves quickly before taking off into the background of the locker-room and the camera feed fades out.

For this I teamed up with the our back up goalie Cillian Kavanagh, @takethehorizon, a mid season add for the Kelowna Knights Knights 
and he had the following questions for me:

1. What were some goals you set for yourself over the course of the season and were you able to hit them?

I didn't really set any number orientated goals for this season as I didn't know what to expect, I just told myself and Kelowna Management that I wanted to be a strong defensive presence in our own zone, and I think a +4, 65 Hits, and 50 shots blocked and a good indicator that I did just that. Of course i would have liked to get a few more points, but all in all I am satisfied with my rookie season

2. What attribute do you believe is most important in order for your player to succeed?

Well as i like to think of myself as a two-way defenseman, I think every stat is important. But as for the most important i think its Defense. Putting the puck in the back of the net is good and all, but making sure the other teams doesnt is even more so.

3. What do you think of Kelowna’s defensive core this season? Was that a strong or weak point for the team?

Kelowna had two great defenseman that got the call up to the SHL last year, so there were some big shoes for both the 2 sophomore defenseman of Vessot and Zhernov, and the two rookies in me and Nystrom. But looking forward I definitely see good things coming out of this defensive core as they should stay together for another season or two 

4. Are you going to do anything different to prepare for next season?

Well we will have to wait and see which SHL team i get drafted to, and if they have any opinions. But im just going to keep my head down and improve my game as much as possible

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

[Image: cut.jpeg]

Post-Season Interview with Kelowna Knight's backup goaltender; Cillian Kavanagh

Interviewer: @RedCapeDiver

Question 1: As you weren't drafted in the S51 SMJHL draft, and were signed mid season, what were your thoughts and reactions to different teams reaching out/making offers? Were there alot of them? Why did you pick Kelowna. 

Quote:Well, it felt good. To be able to have well known organizations reach out to you mid way through the season, it was definitely a good feeling. I know what I can bring to the team and I think management knows that too. I came into the league to make a difference and I feel like joining Kelowna was the best decision for me. I liked the d-core in Kelowna and with a solid young tendy in Luca I knew I would be able to learn while still seeing ice time. It's been a good fit.

Question 2: Joining the team with an already established goaltender, what were your thoughts and expectations as to the amount of starts/ice time you would get. Now at the end of the season are you satisfied with what you got?

Quote:Yeah, you know nobody likes sitting out. I understand my place here. I understand i'm the new young guy and I have alot to learn. I thought I saw an appropriate amount of ice time this season and it only goes up from here, ya know? Luca is part of the reason I chose to come to the Knights. Backing up an established goaltender is beneficial for my game to progress. Next year I hope to see more starts, i'm ready. 

Question 3: What was your favorite moments this past season either on or off the ice with your team so far? 

Quote:The group of guys we have here for sure. These guys made it such a smooth transition into the league and I cannot thank them enough. It has made my time in Kelowna that much more special to know we go out there and play for each other every time we hit the ice. We're a big family with a common goal, the cup.

Question 4: What's an area you struggled in this season that you want to improve for next season? 

Quote:My skating. My skating attribute was my biggest weakness of my game coming into the league but it's something that i'm not forgetting. Like anything, in order to succeed you need to work hard at things even if it's considered a weakness. I've been putting the goalie skates aside after practice and laced up player skates. I'm working on some edge work with a couple of the guys and already seeing an improvement. Like I said, we're a big family here in Kelowna and we have each others backs. 

Thank for your time, we'll see you in round 2. 

Quote:For sure, go Knights Knights

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

NSFL Ultimus Week
http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=241113

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 04:44 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Graders: This is an interview between me and @lukejm37, where we both ask and answer the four questions. Please don't forget to award us both with TPE.
The Cal and Luke show: Q&A Edition
Welcome to our very first edition of the Cal and Luke show. Your hosts are me, Cal Labovitch, and Luke McMaster. We will be alternating asking and answering questions, doing four each.
Luke: Are you happy with how your individual statistical season turned out? Did your statline exceed or fall short of your expectations?

Cal: I'm not too unhappy with how things turned out, I managed to rank third in points for rookies after all, despite spending most of the season on our third line. I owe a lot of it to our coach playing me on the power play unit, so I'm grateful for that. The only thing that really bugged me all season was my +/- rating. I managed to get that up a little in the last few games of the season, but still ended it in the negatives.
Cal: In your rookie season, you were on your way to be the rookie points leader. Unfortunately, you fell just short. How did that make you feel?
Luke: I was pretty surprised to see I led rookies in points for the majority of the season. I very much wanted the league lead at the end of the year, but I’m pleased with how the season turned out for me regardless.
Luke: Do you think you exceeded the falcons expectations of you from where you were drafted?
Cal: I think I did. I got drafted in 25th overall, so people were maybe expecting me to do well but not 'almost top in rookie points'-level. I'm glad our coach gave me the chance to be of value to the team on the power play and later in the season, after trading Kenny, on the first line. Without these opportunities I could not have done it, and I wouldn't be were I am now.
Cal: How did you feel about playing on the first line with me for the last few games?
Luke: I hit a bit of a dry spell before our coach mixed the lines around a little. We both finished off the season pretty well statistics wise playing together. Hopefully we can both grow and improve for next season.
Luke: What area of skill could you improve going into next season?
Cal: As I said before, my +/- rating this season really bugged me. I'm used to being a playmaker, passing the puck. But my rookie season in the SMJHL tought me there's more to the game and I need to step up defensively as well. I've been working hard on my defense and positioning skills last season, and I hope to build on that.
Cal: How did you cope with our game 7 loss in round one of the PO?
Luke: The loss was definitely a disappointment after winning the first two games of the series, we all wanted to make it through to the second round. But we did perceive this season as a time to rebuild, and we already showed our potential on a couple of the games we played. I'm hoping we can pick up some strong new rookies in the upcoming draft and come back stronger next season.
Luke: What do think the falcons lacked to be succesful in these PO's, and what we would need to add to potentially have a playoff run for next season?
Cal: We need defenders, if you ask me. We picked up Guy O' Shea last season, and we need more guys like him. Also, we need to land more hits. We have playmakers and goal scorers, we could use a strong two-way type forward. Our third line needs to be stronger in shutting down the other team and denying thme scoring opportunities.
Cal: To end the interview on a bit of a lighter note: Which of our pre-game warmup songs did you like most?
Luke: Fort Minor's "Remember the Name" always gets us all going before games. It reminds us to keep working hard, not just rely on our skills and abilities but keep fighting for our chances and seize the opportunities that present themselves.
And that's it for tonights interview. It was fun being on the other end of the mic for a change as well.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

[Image: o4C60vC.jpg]

As the playoffs are in full swing I sat down with my teammate Danny Masterson to ask a few questions looking back at this season. Thanks Danny and let’s jump into it..

TN: “Did you play up to your expectations coming into the season?”

DM:I think so. I wasn’t too sure what was reasonable and what wasn’t, coming in. I think the only two objectives I really had were ‘Don’t Lose Too Much’ and ‘Score 30 Points’. We made the Playoffs, so we didn’t lose too much, and I scored 27 points, so close enough.

TN:”Anyone on the team you become good friends with over the season?”

DN:  Well, there’s you, Trey. Mega Tron has been an awesome line mate and friend. Our GMs and more experienced players have been really cool too.

TN:” How has your first playoff experience been?”

We’ve been playing pretty well so far. Dropped our first game against Kelowna, but it was close. It’s been a lot of Power Play, which has been interesting. I haven’t scored a goal yet, but I’ve almost tied my regular season power play assists in six games.

TN:"What was your favorite game of the season?"

DM:  Thinking about it, there were a lot of good games. I’d probably have to go with the early season game against Colorado where I got a goal and an assist. Special mention to our late season one-to-zero shutout against Halifax where Borys [Franciszek] got his goal. That was pretty awesome.

TN:"Which skills did you improve the most?"

DM: I’ve been working a lot on face offs, defense, and strength building. It seems kinda counter-intuitive, but it ultimately comes down to improving my position on the ice and getting better at taking and keeping control of the puck.

TN:Which skills do you want to keep working on the most?"

DM: I’m going to keep working on face offs. I’m almost happy with my defense and strength right now, so I’m starting to work on endurance more. I’d like to spend more time on my shooting and passing through the off-season.

TN:”Are you Santa or The Grinch?”

DM: I enjoy being Santa. I like putting thought into gifts and trying to make it a surprise. My sister and I actually get really competitive at which of us can surprise the other more.

"What is your favorite holiday dish?"

It’s the Christmas Quiche. How can there be another answer? Praise be to the Quiche. My Mom makes this quiche, which is like an open-face pie filled with an omelet for those that have never seen one, on Christmas morning that is the best. It’s got bacon, ham, chicken, and spinach, with, like, three different cheeses. My grandparents have a small chicken farm, so we get eggs from them that she uses, and then she makes the pie crust herself.
It’s meant to serve probably twelve people. When I was fifteen or sixteen, I put one down by myself. It was one of my Christmas presents, getting my own quiche.

Thanks for answering some questions Danny and hope to see ya soon.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 04:02 PM by kenvald.)

Sabo Tage(@Glyc) and I sat down for a quick interview and to look back on our regular seasons. Here are my questions to him, and his answers.

Being drafted 1st overall must've been a great feeling. How did you celebrate after the draft?
Code:
It Felt great, especially when it brings you back to your hometown for the next few seasons. I think It's easy to say that my family was thrilled. We ended up going out to a steakhouse with a few buddies from the Minors to celebrate the night.

Looking back at the season, how do you feel about your own performance?
Code:
Looking back, it wasn't all that I had hoped for but at least I can say that my stats in my own zone. I feel that with another Off-season under my belt and some time to really hone my puck management, I can make a bigger difference for next season.

What have you been working to improve the most in your own game?
Code:
For the most part I've been trying to balance my defensive knowledge while supplementing my shot, I feel that to be most effective, I should aim to back up my own zone and limit goals whilst putting as many pucks on or near net from the blueline as I can in the O zone.

What was your favorite moment of the season, be it on the ice or in the locker room?
Code:
Favourite moment of the season for me is the first moment of gliding on the ice after a long summer. It brings me from 0-100 real quick and just wakes up that Canadian hiding within my loins. Thanks for the Questions, Go Whalers!

WhalersWhalersWhalersWhalersWhalers

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 05:20 PM by JMacNCheese.)

I sat down with @JSS331 to review the our first seasons in the J and on the Detroit Falcons, here are some questions I had for Guy O'Shea:
(Graders please don't forget to credit both myself and @JSS331 the TPE )

Jmac: Did you go in the draft where you thought you would go? Any team you thought would have got you over your current team? 

Guy: I moved over to the USA after the draft and was acquired by Detroit in free agency. I’m excited to see where I get drafted in the SHL draft coming up this season. I’ve loved Detroit so far though, very up and coming city. 

Jmac: How did your skills improve over your first season? Better or worse than you expected? 

Guy: There were some ups and downs for sure. My only goal was to work hard and make sure I made the most of my training opportunities. I think I kept pace pretty well so I’m happy with how it’s gone.

Jmac: Do you think you were a crowd favorite? Adjust well to your new town/home?

Guy: I’m not sure if I was a crowd favorite per say with all of the talent on this roster but I held my own. I’ve made Detroit my home and I think the fans appreciate that. I love it here.

Jmac: What is the thing that you are looking forward to next season?

Guy: I can’t wait to get drafted and put in another solid season in the juniors. I want to be one of the strongest defenders in the juniors this next season and up my point total.

Then Guy had some questions he wanted to ask me about my first year in review: 

Guy: What was your most memorable moment on the ice this season?

Jmac: Scoring my first goal! I got it in our second game, first period got nice feed from Khabib and I buried that puck! Nice to get an assist in my very first game, but definitely the goal. Outside of that bounding and growing with my teammate! Got a bunch of new friends for life!

Guy: What was your goal at the beginning of the season? Score X number of goals, X number of assists, etc.

Jmac: My goal for the year was do my best to help the team succeed. Didn’t really have a set number of goals or assists set just wanted to acquire those points to help the team!

Guy: Who took you under their wing this season? What was the best advice they gave you?

Jmac: Khabib for sure. At first it was a little difficult to understand him with the language barrier and all but after awhile I picked up what he would say to me and what he was trying to help me with. Both being wingers he really showed me the ropes. Doesn’t hurt to sit behind Kaarlo either!

Guy: What was the biggest adjustment from your previous level (league or school level hockey)?

Jmac: I would have to say the biggest adjustment was playing against people that are all skilled and determined, as opposed to be the best kid on your youth/school level team. I can only imagine that it gets even tougher on the next level up too because that is the best of the best and I cannot wait!

Falcons We are both very excited to see what the new year/season has to offer and how the SHL Entry Draft turns out!!! Falcons
Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

I had a conversation with Sven Yxshaft @kenvald concerning his season.

1. You've improved your stock tremendously since the season began, how excited does this make you for the draft?

Thanks for noticing, haha! I'm trying to make myself known and show that I'm a hardworker on and off the ice. I'm very excited for the draft! I've worked hard playing hockey my entire life and the goal has always been to play in the SHL.

2. With most of your Rookie season out of the way, do you have a resurgence planned here to bring your game up a notch for the next season?

I have something that one could consider a plan. I've been talking to our coaches and GMs about where I stand and what they and I both think I need to work on. With the offseason coming I've no breaks scheduled. I'll be working to improve my puck possession skills and try to create an even bigger and stronger pressence in all zones

3. Most memorable moment?

Probably the first time I stepped out on the ice at our first home game this season. The crowd was electric and it was bigger than anything I'd ever played in before. It was an amazing feeling.

4. Did you meet your own expectations for this season?

While I do feel like I contributed a lot to the team, it wasn't quite on the level I'd hoped. I wish I could've done more in the offensive zone. So that's what I've been working on a lot almost all season. Improving my shot and also my decision making which is what I believe hindered me the most this season. Now on to the cup!

Hey, everybody, I'm Danny Marston, one of the rookie Centers for the St. Louis Scarecrows. You might've seen my interview where Trey Nets asked me some questions. Well, after a break for lunch, it was my turn to ask him the same questions.

“Did you play up to your expectations coming into the season?”

Quote:TN: Not at all. Coming into the season I had really high hopes and goals I had set for myself. Unfortunately some family issues came up during the season and I had to be away from the team for awhile.

“Is there anyone on the team you’ve become good friends with during the season?”

Quote:TN: Everyone on the team has been really good people and very understanding of what my situation was but I’d say you're the one I’ve spoken with and gotten along with the best. I know Alex and Evok from other leagues as well.

"What do you think of your first experience in the playoffs?"

Quote:TN: Not very exciting from a personal perspective not being on the ice much still but exciting from a team standpoint as we have advanced in later rounds.

"What was your favorite game of the season?"

Quote:TN: I honestly wasn’t around much during the season to have a favorite game that I can recall.

"Which skills did you improve the most?"

Quote:TN: I’ve worked on my scoring and face offs quit a bit. I want to be able to give us a chance to win the face off anytime I step into the circle.

"Which skills do you want to keep working on the most?"

Quote:TN: I wanna work on my passing and my defense. If I can set up my teammates for a chance to score off a pass, I’m happy.

"Are you Santa, or the Grinch?"

Quote:TN: Definitely the Grinch. I have always had a distaste for this time of year. It’s been turned into a greedy money holiday instead of a time for friends and family.

"What is your favorite holiday dish?"
Quote:TN: I have to say like a good green bean casserole. The sauce that the beans are in is great and then the fried onions on top are amazing when mixed into the casserole.

Thank you to Trey for sitting down with me and working on this activity. Glad to have you back in the LR, buddy. We had a great S51, let's make S52 even better! Scarecrows

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

For this PT, I paired up with fellow Anchorage rookie Ryan Cvitkovich (@ryan cvit) and we sat down to ask each other a few question about our rookie seasons.

Ulrik: Hi Ryan, thanks for joining me!
Ryan: Sure, thanks for inviting me.

Ulrik: Alright, I'm going to jump right into my first question here. How have you enjoyed your time in Anchorage so far?
Ryan: It has been great so far. our team is playing well and I think I've been doing alright myself as well. I definitely have to thank everyone that is a part of The Armada for supporting me as a rookie.

Ulrik: Alright cool, I definitely ditto that sentiment! Now you ask me a question.
Ryan: Oh, um, same question back to you I guess.

Ulrik: Well when I arrived in Anchorage the first thing I noticed was that is was COLD! I'm used to growing up in a bit warmer weather. But then everyone on the team gave me a warm welcome and I've had a great time getting know everyone!
Ryan: Do you have a favorite player on the team?

Ulrik: Well I like most everyone on the team but if I had to pick my favorite then it would definitely be Daniel Bischoff (@dylanjj37). He's a stud and plays with ferocity. Next question, who in our class do you think is going to be the first overall pick?
Ryan: Hmmm, I haven't thought of it too much but I'm going to pick Simothy Drunkebird. This man has been putting in the work and I think he is at the top of every team's draft board. Who do you think will go number one?

Ulrik: I think Rhys Pritchard will go first. He's a points factory and at the end of the day, you need points to win. Every team knows that and that's why he's going first overall.
Ryan: Oh yeah, he's been killing it and has been racking up the TPE too. Moving on, what aspect of your game have you been focused on improving the most this season?

Ulrik: I came into this season feeling like I had a pretty firm grasp on the defensive aspect of the game so I really wanted to improve on my scoring and passing. I also felt I was getting pushed off the puck to easily at times so I've really focused on bulking up and getting stronger. Same question to you.
Ryan: At first I thought I would focus on increasing my endurance so I wouldn't tire out at the end of a game and I could eat up more minutes. After speaking to our coach though, he said he really wanted me to work on my skills in the defensive end so that's what I've worked on.

Ulrik: Alright, for the final question, what are your thoughts on the league expansion?
Ryan: I think it's great when leagues expand. That's just more teams for us to dominate and will make our Four Star Cups even more impressive.

Ulrik: Hahaha! Alright that's all the time we have. Thank you for joining me!
Ryan: It has been good being here. Thank you.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter