Create Account

Head Office members

@ArGarBarGar , @SDCore , @Eggy216 and whoever else in in there now:

It is time for an update as to what the future of the league has in store. I understand you may not have it figured out yet. More study, research and discussion may be necessary. With that understanding, you need to give us all an update.

An announcement should be made letting the SHL as a whole know where we stand. We are currently in a serious information vacuum. This benefits no one. This is perhaps the most serious situation the league has faced in years and maybe ever. Let’s not have it made in the dark. What has been discussed? What are the major issues? Where does the disagreement lie?

Thank you for your time and attention

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 01:41 PM by hhh81.)

Good stuff, I'm also curious what's being discussed!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

12-31-2019, 01:41 PMhhh81 Wrote: Good stuff, I'm also curious what's being discussed!

hey Posting Freak

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Bump

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

12-31-2019, 01:36 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: @ArGarBarGar , @SDCore , @Eggy216 and whoever else in in there now:

It is time for an update as to what the future of the league has in store. I understand you may not have it figured out yet. More study, research and discussion may be necessary. With that understanding, you need to give us all an update.

An announcement should be made letting the SHL as a whole know where we stand. We are currently in a serious information vacuum. This benefits no one. This is perhaps the most serious situation the league has faced in years and maybe ever. Let’s not have it made in the dark. What has been discussed? What are the major issues? Where does the disagreement lie?

We are in the same place we were the last time this was asked about. With the Holidays and the end of the season upon us, we haven't made a ton of progress. Literally there has been a few weeks where activity has been down due to people traveling, out of town, celebrating, school getting let out, and numerous other factors.

You ask for an update, but an update on what? We are proceeding forward with working on FHM, there is a team of people who have put loads of hours in getting a file set up and ready for testing, hopefully after the new year. They are building an index from scratch. We don't want to show people WIP, because it tends to lead to issues, with people picking things around that clearly are not done.

We are proceeding into next season with STHS, yes we know there are still build issues, yes we know it's not suitable, but to rework all builds and the update scale for a short period of time to then potentially switch again seems very silly.

Nobody is being left in the dark, because there is no secret society doing the work behind the scenes.

I don't know what kind of announcement you'd like made? I guess here is the announcement, we are working on it and things have been moving forward. All the things I said above are happening.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Thanks @SDCore !

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

12-31-2019, 02:53 PMSDCore Wrote:
12-31-2019, 01:36 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: @ArGarBarGar , @SDCore , @Eggy216 and whoever else in in there now:

We are in the same place we were the last time this was asked about. With the Holidays and the end of the season upon us, we haven't made a ton of progress. Literally there has been a few weeks where activity has been down due to people traveling, out of town, celebrating, school getting let out, and numerous other factors.

You ask for an update, but an update on what? We are proceeding forward with working on FHM, there is a team of people who have put loads of hours in getting a file set up and ready for testing, hopefully after the new year. They are building an index from scratch. We don't want to show people WIP, because it tends to lead to issues, with people picking things around that clearly are not done.

We are proceeding into next season with STHS, yes we know there are still build issues, yes we know it's not suitable, but to rework all builds and the update scale for a short period of time to then potentially switch again seems very silly.

Nobody is being left in the dark, because there is no secret society doing the work behind the scenes.

I don't know what kind of announcement you'd like made? I guess here is the announcement, we are working on it and things have been moving forward. All the things I said above are happening.

Excuse me? Am I out of line for asking for an update in the Wonderdome? I was respectful and reasoned in my request. I have literally not seen one thing from any of you in regards to this since the initial announcement. No update has ever been issued that I am aware of. It has been total silence.

I’m sorry for wasting your time. I promise to never treat you respectfully again as it’s obviously a provocation

12-31-2019, 05:46 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
12-31-2019, 02:53 PMSDCore Wrote: We are in the same place we were the last time this was asked about. With the Holidays and the end of the season upon us, we haven't made a ton of progress. Literally there has been a few weeks where activity has been down due to people traveling, out of town, celebrating, school getting let out, and numerous other factors.

Excuse me? Am I out of line for asking for an update in the Wonderdome? I was respectful and reasoned in my request. I have literally not seen one thing from any of you in regards to this since the initial announcement. No update has ever been issued that I am aware of. It has been total silence.

I’m sorry for wasting your time. I promise to never treat you respectfully again as it’s obviously a provocation

I'm sorry if you took my comment as some type of offense. It was not meant to be read that way. I am genuinely curious as to what kind of update you want on the state of the league. Your first comment made it seem as if the league is falling apart, but we just had a somewhat successful season.

I've had messages that people are concerned that they don't know what's going on and activity is down but there is very little to report. If you want me to make an announcement post with what's going on it will be quite short, but I can do that. Are you talking about recruitment, activity, sim issues, or all of the above. Forgive me, but I haven't had this job very long, do we normally do a state of the league message that I missed? I have no issue doing this, but I have never been asked.

In regards to information:

You are not out of line asking for information, but there is not much to give. You said in regards to this, in regards to what? I assume you are talking about the FHM/STHS thing. Maybe I'm confused about what people don't know??

Sorry if I offended you, that was never my intention, I just speak directly and a bit forward. You of all people, you were in HO very recently, should understand how slow things move.

Teddy, Cal, and Myself have all posted this season on what is being worked on in various parts of the site, assuming we are talking about FHM.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 07:07 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

This isn’t towards you SD.. personally I know your working your ass off for us (and your a good guy) and It’s New Years so I’ll make this as festive as possible.

But slappys right.. there are 7 or so members in SHL HO.. a couple of commishs and a few owners... between the 15 or so of you guys.. there should be at least 1 in charge of keeping the other 175 actives in the loop on important issues. Even if it’s just a thread stating the status quo or the obvious.. you guys are our elected people on the site and it’s your job to have a social component to it all, especially now with the site a bit in flux, you guys have to be even more out there.. Lately people out of the loop have had to guess on playoff dates, site issues, things you guys are working on outside of FHM, etc....it’s not cool. it’s not a hard ask to have 1 of you guys updating us properly.

Maybe this specific group in office are better at behind the scenes stuff.. that’s fine.. but then appoint/hire someone to speak for you guys. Anyway Happy hollidays! Let’s hope for a good new year in the SHL.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

12-31-2019, 06:04 PMSDCore Wrote:
12-31-2019, 05:46 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Excuse me? Am I out of line for asking for an update in the Wonderdome? I was respectful and reasoned in my request. I have literally not seen one thing from any of you in regards to this since the initial announcement. No update has ever been issued that I am aware of. It has been total silence.

I'm sorry if you took my comment as some type of offense. It was not meant to be read that way. I am genuinely curious as to what kind of update you want on the state of the league. Your first comment made it seem as if the league is falling apart, but we just had a somewhat successful season.

I've had messages that people are concerned that they don't know what's going on and activity is down but there is very little to report. If you want me to make an announcement post with what's going on it will be quite short, but I can do that. Are you talking about recruitment, activity, sim issues, or all of the above. Forgive me, but I haven't had this job very long, do we normally do a state of the league message that I missed? I have no issue doing this, but I have never been asked.

In regards to information:

You are not out of line asking for information, but there is not much to give. You said in regards to this, in regards to what? I assume you are talking about the FHM/STHS thing.  Maybe I'm confused about what people don't know??

Sorry if I offended you, that was never my intention, I just speak directly and a bit forward. You of all people, you were in HO very recently, should understand how slow things move.

Teddy, Cal, and Myself have all posted this season on what is being worked on in various parts of the site, assuming we are talking about FHM.

I was specifically referring to the decision regarding the sim. Are we moving to FHM? Are we switching to a different version of Simon T? Something else entirely?

I understand you may not have all the answers yet. If not, what are the issues preventing a decision from being made? I’m assuming we will have at least one more season under the current system.

This is not a usual time on the site. It’s an uncertain time around here and I believe it would be beneficial to get an actual update within the announcement area that everyone is more likely to see.

Update: there is nothing to update.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

12-31-2019, 06:29 PMMike Izzy Wrote: This isn’t towards you SD.. personally I know your working your ass off for us (and your a good guy) and It’s New Years so I’ll make this as festive as possible.

But slappys right.. there are 7 or so members in SHL HO.. a couple of commishs and a few owners... between the 15 or so of you guys.. there should be at least 1 in charge of keeping the other 175 actives in the loop on important issues. Even if it’s just a thread stating the status quo or the obvious.. you guys are our elected people on the site and it’s your job to have a social component to it all, especially now with the site a bit in flux, you guys have to be even more out there.. Lately people out of the loop have had to guess on playoff dates, site issues, things you guys are working on outside of FHM, etc....it’s not cool. it’s not a hard ask to have 1 of you guys updating us properly.

Maybe this specific group in office are better at behind the scenes stuff.. that’s fine.. but then appoint/hire someone to speak for you guys. Anyway Happy hollidays! Let’s hope for a good new year in the SHL.

I’ll do the HO roundup

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

12-31-2019, 07:22 PMligma Wrote:
12-31-2019, 06:29 PMMike Izzy Wrote: This isn’t towards you SD.. personally I know your working your ass off for us (and your a good guy) and It’s New Years so I’ll make this as festive as possible.

I’ll do the HO roundup

Yes!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

7 Members of SHL HO and 15 in the chat? I'd love to know who you think is in HO lol.

We have me (co-Commish), Eggy (Commish), Argar, Ford, Tomasnz, and Baelor. Then we have Leafs and Tez in there. So your 15 or so of us are really just 5, including leaf and tez we are at 9. 2 of those people are not really active in any discussion.

Ford is stepping down, Argar is as well, Tomansz is a different time zone than many and Baelor helps when he can. You are thinking there are a lot more people who do things around the site. For the most part lately it's just me. I also have been doing things with my family, working, trying to keep things running while Eggy is away.

You're math doesn't add up, with members. Again, this falls on me to do. So I will be posting something shortly.

Also, we can't appoint someone to speak for us, because it would be a full time job and we are already not paid. You would have to be in the loop for every convo, basically making you an HO member.

I will post up something today. Sorry if you feel like we aren't doing our job well enough keeping people informed.

12-31-2019, 07:51 PMSDCore Wrote:

7 Members of SHL HO and 15 in the chat? I'd love to know who you think is in HO lol.

We have me (co-Commish), Eggy (Commish), Argar, Ford, Tomasnz, and Baelor. Then we have Leafs and Tez in there. So your 15 or so of us are really just 5, including leaf and tez we are at 9. 2 of those people are not really active in any discussion.

Ford is stepping down, Argar is as well, Tomansz is a different time zone than many and Baelor helps when he can. You are thinking there are a lot more people who do things around the site. For the most part lately it's just me. I also have been doing things with my family, working, trying to keep things running while Eggy is away.

You're math doesn't add up, with members. Again, this falls on me to do. So I will be posting something shortly.

Also, we can't appoint someone to speak for us, because it would be a full time job and we are already not paid. You would have to be in the loop for every convo, basically making you an HO member.

I will post up something today. Sorry if you feel like we aren't doing our job well enough keeping people informed.

Keep working your ass off Corey <3

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks