Create Account

Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users

Except it’s not transparent :(

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

@RainDelay to be honest, and i in no way mean any offense here, ive seen sigs that i believe are more cohesive and technically skilled receive a 2/5 from other graders. i most definitely took that WAY too heavily into account when i was grading your submission and for that i am sorry. i had originally thought to grade yours at 2/5, with some bonuses for the better ones, but felt that those grades would not be on par with some of the others ive seen. i gave the bonuses on top of the 1/5 for all 4 sigs so that they would pay out just under a 2/5 for that reason.

i absolutely see the work you did to your submissions, however i did feel like only a small percentage of that work landed in a way that enhanced the sig. as i described in your critique i also felt as if some of that work actually took away from the sigs, like the lens flare on izzy’s neck. ive had a discussion with my other team members and it was sort of agreed upon that whats more important is that the elements are there and that i am more or less here to suggest ways to control those elements. again, thats my bad.

right after i graded this submission i took a look at your next submission and noticed some major improvement. please do not give up on graphics as i can see that things are starting to come together for you and you will only get better and better.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 01:50 PM by RainDelay.)

01-02-2020, 01:37 PMhewasajazzman Wrote: @RainDelay to be honest, and i in no way mean any offense here, ive seen sigs that i believe are more cohesive and technically skilled receive a 2/5 from other graders. i most definitely took that WAY too heavily into account when i was grading your submission and for that i am sorry. i had originally thought to grade yours at 2/5, with some bonuses for the better ones, but felt that those grades would not be on par with some of the others ive seen. i gave the bonuses on top of the 1/5 for all 4 sigs so that they would pay out just under a 2/5 for that reason.

i absolutely see the work you did to your submissions, however i did feel like only a small percentage of that work landed in a way that enhanced the sig. as i described in your critique i also felt as if some of that work actually took away from the sigs, like the lens flare on izzy’s neck. ive had a discussion with my other team members and it was sort of agreed upon that whats more important is that the elements are there and that i am more or less here to suggest ways to control those elements. again, thats my bad.

right after i graded this submission i took a look at your next submission and noticed some major improvement. please do not give up on graphics as i can see that things are starting to come together for you and you will only get better and better.

Hey man, thanks for responding! I appreciate the explanation and as you know I meant nothing against YOU or your team I just felt like I was wronged because of what I’m used to getting and the amount of work I put in.

I took it to arbitration so that’s that and thanks for noticing my improvement! Even if it just gets bumped up to 2/5 and maybe one 3 id be fine. Thanks for acknowledging that it might’ve been a little low.

And don’t worry, I’m definitely not giving up! I do gfx all the time and I plan on making draft sigs for both this league and the NSFL as well!

01-02-2020, 01:31 PMRainDelay Wrote: Except it’s not transparent :(

Ya it isn't perfect, but can be helpful for quick work Undecided

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

I got a 4/5 on a sig I made with photoshop mix/express on my phone. So I think the graders are good af.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

01-02-2020, 02:01 AMRainDelay Wrote:
01-02-2020, 01:56 AMSimply Incorrect Wrote: Whoever told you those sigs looked good was just being nice, to be completely honest. They are maybe 2/5.

Basically what’s being said is that people who make shitty sigs, but spend a lot of time making those shitty sigs, should be rewarded not for the actual final product, but the journey they took to get there.  The problem is, you can’t grade on time/effort accurately because nobody actually knows.

You could be so many things, but for six, no... seven years now you choose to be a dick.

The sigs I make are all roughly using the same sort of functions and art-styles and I have received high scores on other site and people come to me when they need a sig. I don’t need your validation to know what I’m good at.

Maybe I am a dick, but atleast I’m honest.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

01-02-2020, 05:30 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote:
01-02-2020, 02:01 AMRainDelay Wrote: You could be so many things, but for six, no... seven years now you choose to be a dick.

The sigs I make are all roughly using the same sort of functions and art-styles and I have received high scores on other site and people come to me when they need a sig. I don’t need your validation to know what I’m good at.

Maybe I am a dick, but atleast I’m honest.

Meh, I’ve met plenty of honest people who aren’t dicks.