Create Account

It's Been a Fun Ride, SHL

The SHL has been a pretty big part of my life over the five+ years that I have been a part of it. I have been in a lot of big games, gotten into some big discussions about a lot of things, and made friends/enemies along the way. For most of my time here I have had a really deep connection to the league and what happens, and through that time I have done a lot of jobs to try and help the league in different ways (SMJHL GM, SHL GM, HO, Awards Committee, All-Star Committee, HoF Committee, Historian Committee), and have had success and failure in spurts for each of them. It has been a great ride spending time with the people on this site, and even though there are some who have issues with my demeanor on the site, I hope that overall I have left a positive impression on the community.

However, with all great things there is a time to end it. Over the last year+ I have really lost the drive that made me want to make the league the best it could be. I have basically clocked out mentally in the Head Office, I have no interest to actually continue the League of Accomplished players (which is something I was really proud of when I first created it), and I have allowed the Historian Committee to wither away (which is a complete failure considering what I had wanted to do with it initially). I have completely neglected virtually all the communities I used to be an active part of, and at this point in time it feels like a chore to even do basic things on the site. Because of this, I am going to be moving on from being an active member on the SHL community. I will be creating job postings during the offseason for the HoF and HoH committee head, and hopefully finish some of the projects I had started to help pave the way for the next generation.

I will still be a part of the league in a limited capacity (I have 100+ million in the bank and might as well use it), and will continue to update my player so he can be an elite member of the Panthers squad, but after Cannellini's career is over I will no longer have a player in the league. Depending on my interest at a later date I may create a player for the fun of it, but don't expect a highly active or big TPE earner out of it.

I would like to thank anyone who has been a part of my life in this community, from my GMs to my teammates to those whom I had discussions (heated or friendly), as you all helped make this league better and kept me going for a lot longer than I ever expected to be a part of the league. I would also like to thank the podcasting community for probably extending my interest in the league for even longer, as there were some great moments to be had within podcasts and within the discord. Finally I would like to thank everyone who took a chance on this league from the beginning, particularly Leafs, and everyone who has tried to do something to make this league a better place. If not for all of you we don't have the best simulation league out there.

Thanks for the memories, everyone.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Cry Crybaby

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

You're a fantastic member of this community and the best kind of a teammate a user can have. You will be greatly missed both on and off the ice. Everyone needs a break from time to time, and I hope to see you back in both capacities in the future. You da man ArGar!!

Panthers

[Image: p82ugau.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:35 AM by JT3.)

Big loss for the community, you contributed a lot of things that helped make this community great (history section/LOAP/top 100). Hopefully some people step up to keep those going!

Maybe a break and a step back for a bit while re-ignite the enjoyment Smile

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Man, this is a bummer.

I've had my ups and downs over the years with you initially. After you started the pod and we interacted more regularly my understanding and respect for you grew and grew.

You're a good man and an asset to this community. We will all be poorer for your absence.

Good luck to you and yours and I hope to see you around

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Hopefully you find the spark once again.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Cheers man. I always admired your work ethic and your passion for making this league a better place.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:50 AM by caltroit_red_flames.)

HO seems to take the wind out of the sails for a lot people that are a part of it. It's really unfortunate when that happens because some of the most committed members try to join HO. I think we need to find a way to fix that, some automation or something?

Thanks for all you've ArGar, it's been a pleasure! Cheers

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

oh fuck, best of luck argar!

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

01-02-2020, 11:49 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: HO seems to take the wind out of the sails for a lot people that are a part of it. It's really unfortunate when that happens because some of the most committed members try to join HO. I think we need to find a way to fix that, some automation or something?

Thanks for all you've ArGar, it's been a pleasure! Cheers

I don't think it's a workload issue (as a current member of HO) - I've dropped my activity since i joined HO for completely unrelated reasons (starting uni takes away a lot of my time in term time) - but I think it's just quite shocking the amount of crap you have to take shtick for which really isn't your fault - plus these past couple months have been especially stressful

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Am absolute SHL legend right here. Thanks for all you’ve done for the league over the past many years Smile

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

I can feel this one!

Argar, you've truly been one of the best members on the site since I've been here. The things you've done to better the league, and the things you've accomplished in the sim, make you indisputably a legend of the SHL.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

sadface

thank you for everything you've done!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Your work ethic is second to none around here, you will be missed! Cheers

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Cheers argar, thanks for the great work over the years.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM