Create Account

S52 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread

Dragonite Ahh Dragonite Ahh Dragonite

The Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in the SHL. We won our 8th Challenge Cup last season and have made the playoffs 26 of the last 28 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG Parm, which has become the hardest place for opposing teams to play in the league!  

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE , our Team Profile HERE and our Digital Media section HERE. We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a  great atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S52 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

5. Are you a hockey fan? What is your favorite NHL team?

6. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!![/b]

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team, pm @Steelhead77 @Mike Izzy

Maybe we'll call your name on Draft Day and set the league on Fire Together!!!

[Image: source.gif]

Thanks for your Time!

Dragonite Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 05:00 AM by Mutedfaith.)

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? 

I don't know a single thing about your team yet.

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success? 

I'm still quite new to this sim league, or sim leagues jn general. So I'll listen to any advice I can get and then pick the path that'll get my plYer to be a somewhat decent passfirst type of forward.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

If I have time during hockeyseason (so, now.) I have time always.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this). 

I ref hockey. So Yes. Fav NHL franchise are the Avs.

I met some fun and interesting people.

Ive done some written media.

8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons? 

As long as you communicate with me, that shouldnt be much of a problem.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Well, tell me more about your team.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Scale of 1-10?  6 as I like to keep my options open.   What do I know about the current team?  It could be better if it adds the likes of myself, Cal Labovich and especially Rhys Pritchard to its lineup.

Not looking to build, actively building a Triple-Gold winning hall of fame brick wall.   I'm always open to advice.  To close your mind to outside input is to severely hinder your success.

I don't see any negative impacts in the forthcoming future.

30's (36 to be exact)

I've bled blue since February of 1997 when I experienced my first live St. Louis Blues game.  

The simulation aspect of the league is nice.  Its a good mix of sports love, and fantasy roleplaying.  Always something I enjoy.  The season pace is a little fast, but that's personal preference.

Take your pick 8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
Can't earn a 4-Star Cup win if you aren't in the SMJHL.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

I would like some sort of message, either here or on discord to let me know if I'm even on the target radar for the Dragons.  Otherwise, I'll definitely feel like this post was a complete waste of time.   Minnesota has already reached out early to let me know of their interest.  Be like Minnesota:  To be early is to be on time.

Also, chicken parmigiana is delicious.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 01:53 PM by notoriousTRON.)

Well I know that you just won a cup. I'm interested in joining a winner. A scale? IDK I don't have biases for or against any team. 5-6/10?

I am absolutely open to advice from more experienced players. I'm building an offensive forward who isn't is responsible enough defensively to not be a liability. But I'd like to be on the score sheet most nights. I just led the SMJHL in points by a rookie. I liked that.

I have a 1.5 week trip coming up in 2020 but I do a lot of SHL activities from my phone so I don't think it will be a big deal.

>30 (33)

Fan of the Stanley Cup Champion St Louis Blues since childhood

The community is strong. I chatting on discord! I also love to see my player have success in the sims.

I've done some Media but it's honestly a little time consuming for my taste. I'm all about earning TPE tho. The only thing I've missed is the mock draft back when I was first figuring out how things went on the site and really had a grasp. For money I'm currently interning in the SMJHL HO. After that, we'll see. I have some article ideas. A podcast would be fun but I'd like to wait until I'm more invested in the SHL rather than the SMJHL currently.

Not a problem at all. I love my Outlaw teammates and I want to win a 4 star cup with this group.

You won't be sorry if you draft me. Actually, same with my boy Strom^^^

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Sergei Potvinov Player Profile
Currently play for  Armada of the SMJHL.

10 out of 10 - The Dragons have a long and rich history and I'd like to be a part of that going forward.  

My player (Sergei Potvinov) is a Russian goalie.  I'm looking to build a HOF caliber goalie and would be open to advice to help me achieve that goal.

I can manage my time pretty well.  I have a desk job so I am pretty active throughout the day.

I'm over 30.....pretty close to 40.

Yes, I'm a Kings fan.

I didn't realize how active everyone would be and that has been a plus so far.

I've done a couple of PGS for TPE.  PGS - S51:Game 3

I'd be fine with that.  It would give me time to build my player up and earn more TPE before becoming a star for the Dragons.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!![/b]

I will be an all-star caliber, hall of fame goalie for you guys.....I just need your faith and help (as needed) to get there!

[Image: 6yGtNq1.png]
Sig by Carpy48
[Image: ZdvabGY.png]
Sig by Carpy48
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 06:19 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

Lets go with an 8, its my first time doing SHL so i'll be happy with any team honestly. Based on what i have seen you guys are a great team with alot of history. And Katth is a pretty cool GM over at Kelowna so that's a plus

A physical 2-way defenseman , and i am definitely open to advice as other people definitely have more experience than me, but with the possible switch to FHM i guess it may all be up in the air

i have a full time job, and dont plan on going back to school. So i dont see anything effecting my activity level, i am on the site pretty much every day

Yes i have played ice hockey since i was 6, currently playing beer league. And San Jose is my team

The "locker rooms" Being able to react to regular season and now playoff wins and loses with the team has been really cool

Ya i have done a few Media's and 3 post game shows
Guessing at the Future in Kelowna

Im fine with staying in the SMJHL until my team needs me, im not in a rush 

Not sure what to put here but feel free to message me here or on discord if you got any other questions

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Some good responses so far!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 03:14 AM by _Blitz_.)

Probably an 8 or 9. I know a little bit about the team. Dragons are cool and your team unis are nice, which is a plus.

I'd like to build a play-maker in the most literal sense; a player that is really good at getting a play going for his team no matter where or how.

I'm currently working part-time and trying to finish up a college degree. I may not always have a lot of time, but I'll make as much as I can as long as it's fun.

20 < Me < 30.

I am a hockey fan. I grew up in Tampa; Go Bolts.

The sense of community. For the most part, everyone has been friendly and encouraging. A close second has been the media projects that I've been able to work on.

I've done a couple of media pieces, and I'm trying to get better at making graphics to go with them. My RMB 2 piece is definitely my favorite and the published one that I've put the most time into. I'm currently working on a series for the off-season and possibly into next season that's going to be pretty long and have lots of pictures to go with it. I work with Paint.NET and a dream, and I have a lot of fun even if it's not the greatest.

I might do a podcast in the future, but I don't have any plans at this time.

I don't mind. I've been very happy in St. Louis this season, and I'd like to be there for at least three seasons. If we're still Cup contenders, I'd likely want to stay for a fourth season anyway.

What I don't have in skill or experience, I try to make up for in learning and enthusiasm. This past season was my first in any simulated sports, and I've really enjoyed it.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 08:58 AM by KillaScrilla.)

1.How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? . 8, I’d be very interested in joining you guys. I don’t know much about y’all as of now but look forward to learning more.

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?  A high scoring center. Someone who can shoot and pass the puck. I wanna win a lot of my faceoffs as well. I’m always willing to take on someone else’s opinions on things.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc) I do. As of now only thing would be something happening to my dad in the nursing home. Besides that nothing I can for see.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).  I’m 34 with 4kids.

Not necessarily but I do like the Predators being I live in Nashville.

6. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?   Just all the help that everyone has shown me and my team understanding when I went IA for a short time because of the family issues with my father.

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us! I done some media here and there.

8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?  I’m totally fine with perfecting my craft in the lower levels a few seasons.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!![/b] I will be around much more than recently as I’m committed to being a great. I’m also a veteran of 9-10 leagues already.

Sven Yxskaft - Defenseman Whalers

An 8. I'd like to say that I've done a deep analysis of each team and gathered a strong opinion about them all, but that's not the case unfortunately as I've only been on here for a season now.
But I've heard from a very good source that the Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in the SHL! And who doesn't like a competitive team?!

I started off as a pass-first, puck-possessing, self-sacrificing, playmaker-ish kind of defender. But Vancouver needed a more shoot-first players so I switched that up this season. I've saved my first free strength change for now just in case we switch engines. In the end, excluding the pass-first part, I'm still interested in building towards the other parts but I'm always open to switch things up.

If we do switch to FHM I've been eyeing the role of a "Mobile Defenseman". That's something I'd like to build in that engine.

Excluding some vacations or work trips here and there, I don't see anything that would pull me away from the site long-term. Even when I'm out of the country I'll be doing PTs and updates as long as I have internet.

Late 20s.

I very much am. Cheering for the Blue Jackets!

The feeling when my player goes above and beyond what's expected of him in a game. Also the the different media and rants.

I've done a handful of articles and a few PGS. My most popular article was Preseason vs. Regular Season
Here's a quick link to all my threads if you're interested.

No problem. I'm having a great time in Vancouver.

S51 was my first season in any kind of simulation league and I'm having a blast! Been trying to maximize TPE gain and getting it as early as I can.
I'm also slowly trying to get more involved in the site and recently I got a job as a member of the SMJHL Awards Committee.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

9, no sunbelt hokki for me pls, best arena in the leeg.

A good goaltender, I am not too picky but I have a roadmap for what I wanna do.

I am in college but I have a lot of free time.

Red Wings. Trust the Yzerplan!

The people.  

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=101355 I tend to require some inspiration when I write but I prefer quality over quantity.

Absolutely, I wanna stay in juniors for a bit, in fact I plan on it to an extent.

I squeeze gats till my clips is empty.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 09:32 PM by JMacNCheese.)

I would say that on a scale, probably an 8! Always good to go to a winning team!!!

I am looking to be a 2-way forward, find my McDavid, and win the best defensive offensive forward! Don't mind at all taking advice on how to help me and/or the team succeed!

I should be finishing school here in a few months and then go on the grind to find a big boy job, but I travel every year but its no longer than a week at a time if I do. I should be good to stay relevant.

I am over 20 and almost to the 30s.

I am a huge hockey fan!!! Run a fantasy league and play in others. My favorite NHL team is the Tampa Bay Lightning!!! #GoBolts

This is my first sim league so everything being a new experience is my most enjoyed part so far.

Not really yet, just the PTs. (Can link if that counts lol)

No I don't mind figured that I would be in the J for more than a year even though I was shooting to be lol.

At the moment I think everything has been answered, but if I do come across one I won't hesitate to ask.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Great work fellas!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

- i just want to get drafted by somebody i'll say it
-I want to be a winner. that's it
-i'm a busy guy but it not too hardto update.
21 going on 22
dallas stars
how nobody remembers me
in my prior life, just look at my bank account
I just want to win

8, team's always been very successful outside of a lull in the mid s20's, reached my first finals with this team.

Sniper, good defensively. Always open to advice.

I'll have time, for sure.

24, turning 25 in roughly a month.

Take a lucky guess

Ripping jims

A long long time ago

I love dominating for Kelowna

Any questions feel free to pm me!