Create Account

S51 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 04:16 PM by ej27.)

The playoffs are a super exciting time of the season. You know what makes them more exciting? Giving out a ton of TPE!

Here's how this will work: there are five tasks, each of which is worth up to 2 TPE for putting in a little effort, for a total of 10 possible TPE. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S51 SMJHL DRAFTEES (S52 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline, that's not you.

Task #1 - Create a fan giveaway item to be handed out at one of your team's playoff games (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) 
Requirements: WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on the game where the item will be given out.  or  GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Task #2 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.
Requirements: 150 words and mention of at least one stat.

Task #3 - Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements: 150 words for the written, team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline for the graphic.

Task #4 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.
Requirements: 150 words.

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.
Requirements: 100 words.

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the final PBP is complete, Wednesday 1/15 @ 1pm CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 12:50 PM by Chevy.)

Task #1: Promotional Giveaway
[Image: nUgG6RY.jpg]

Task #2: Season MVP (153 Words)
Daniel Bischoff:  MVP Nominee

Anchorage's powerhouse forward has really proven his worth this season and has warranted every bit of nomination for SMJHL Season 52 MVP as anyone.  With fifty regular-season games under his belt, this dominant forward has amassed an impressive 61 overall points with an astounding +10 on his plus/minus record.  Even so, as the Armada continues to steam along into the finals, turrets at the ready, Bischoff has continued his impressive streak by adding 17 more points thus far in the playoffs off of nine goals and eight assists...still maintaining an amazing +10 on the plus/minus record.  Also on the regular season, the Anchorage center tallied up nine visits to top ten lists in the league that include (but are not limited to): goals scored, assists, fights won, and shots taken.  It will be hard pressed to top this players performance in the hunt for this years Raymond Lindsay Trophy.

Task #3: Player Comparison (153 Words)
Hockey Today - Peter Croslen

Rookie Top Guns open playoffs
The race for rookie points leadership has been a tight one all season long.  Originally fought between teammates Cal Labovich (25th overall pick, Detroit) and Luke McMaster (21st overall, Detroit), the top puckslinger from the west entered the scene about halfway through and cemented himself in the fight.  That outlaw, is Rhys Pritchard (17th Overall, Anaheim).   By the time the season ended, it was Rhys who sat on top of the rookie mountain with Luke and Cal hot on his tail (32, 31, 31 points respectively).  Now with the season ended and the playoff matchups announced, the Anaheim Outlaws will be taking on central division rival Detroit in what is sure to be an old-fashioned puckfight.  Pritchard lead the rookie count with an overall point record with 10 goals 22 assists, Luke with 13 goals 18 assists and Cal with 7 goals 24 assists.  

Task #4: Finals Game Recap (200 Words)
Welcome back to the Saloon as we do a quick recap of Game 5 of the SMJHL finals between the Anchorage Armada and the Kelowna Knights.  I'm Allen Wench.  The Armada started off with a bang in the 1st as they went two goals unanswered around mid-period.  Augustus Wang notched his third of the post-season and the ever dominant Daniel Bischoff found the net for the 11th time in the post season, which I think is still league leading between the teams.  Unfortunately for the steel fleet, it was all the knight-job from then on out as Kelowna answered back in the second and third periods with two unanswered goals of their own by Kalevolaripaavo Kaspertommevisnapuu (powerplay, 7th of the post season) and Josef Novotny (11th of the post season) to drive it into overtime.  Then in overtime it was the Kelowna Knights to seal the deal off a goal just two minutes in by Luke McSquirrelly, his first of the post season and what a way to notch a first post-season goal than with a game winner.  The Knights move on in the finals 3-2 over the Armada as they go on to game six in the SMJHL Finals.

Task #5: Offseason Look (234 words)
ocregister.com -- Peter Croslen
January 6, 2020

With Anchorage and Kelowna battling it out in the finals, the Outlaws, especially the rookies, have some time to rest and reflect on their season as well as look forward in anticipation to the coming SHL season 52 draft where many rookies will be picked up.  I had a chance to catch up today with Anaheim rookie netminder, Strom Chamberlain who had this to say about the off-season:

Quote:Well Pete, we came up a bit short in the playoffs but it was still an exciting run.  Earned my first point in the SMJHL against Anchorage, who are definitely a tough team to beat.  Had a chance to learn from an amazing experienced goaltender in Kasperi and improve my numbers myself after making a terrible playoff debut.  The best part is, being a midwestern boy, since the playoff exit early I was able to travel home and get out in the woods for some hunting.  Mostly whitetail, but looked for some ducks and geese too while I was at it.  This draft coming up for the SHL is pretty exciting.  Minnesota so far is the only team to reach out, and honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about where I go.  I'm just hoping to get picked at least by the third round, ya know?  We'll see what happens.

The SHL draft is slated to start near January 23rd.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 07:59 PM by takethehorizon.)

Task #1 - Fan Giveaway
[Image: KelownaKnightsTShirt.png]

Task #2 – MVP of the Playoffs – Luciano Vessot
The role of a defencemen is to keep the other team from getting quality shots on your goaltender. A good defensemen will maintain good defensive positioning, initiate breakouts, make quick decisions in your team’s end, evaluate and control the opponent’s moves, etc. Those are the main roles of a hockey defensemen. Luciano Vessot is in the top d-man pairing with Adam Scianna for the Kelowna Knights. Throughout the playoffs, Luciano has shown great skill, not only in the defensive end of the ice but also the opponents end. Vessot has led all defenseman in scoring during the S51 Playoffs and is currently tied for the league lead in points with 19. Vessot, in only 13 games played, has managed to muster up 2 goals and 17 assists. He has done all this while only taking one penalty which in today’s SMJHL is outstanding. This is a player who is defending the top forwards of all of these fantastic SMJHL teams. Vessot was selected 23rd overall in the 2nd round of the S51 SHL Entry Draft by the Edmonton Blizzard. Should he be called up to the Blizzard sooner than later, Kelowna would have a very tough time replacing such a dynamic dman. (Word Count: 201)

Task #3 – Magazine Style Article – The Tale of the Backups
Heavyweight goaltenders Luca Del Vecchio and Ian Venables square off in the Four Star Cup Finals against one another over the course of a 7 game series. This article has been done time and time again but what about an in depth scoop on the backups of these two teams?! Young goaltenders’ Kelowna's Cillian Kavanagh and Armada’s Sergei Potvinov, look for a chance to shine in this Finals showdown. Kavanagh is playing out of Ireland and Potvinov out of Russia. First we delve into their regular season statistics. Armada’s Potvinov registered a 2-7-1 record with a .839 save percentage and a 4.77 GAA. Down the other end of the ice Kavanagh, who was signed midway through the season went 1-2-1 with a .840 save percentage and a 4.30 GAA. Kavanagh has seen playoff ice once leading up to the finals making 11 out of 12 saves. Similarly, Potvinov debuts with 12 saves out of 13 shots in this S51 Playoffs. Will either one of these teams require a goaltender change? Will a team start a backup in order to give their top goaltender a rest?! We’ll find out! (Word Count: 188)

Task #4 – Post Game Recap - Game 1 of the Four Star Cup Finals, Kelowna @ Anchorage
We knew coming into this series this was a game we wanted to win. In order to set the tone of the series we need to stun them at home in game 1. That did not happen. In the first 6 minutes of the game we allowed 2 Anchorage goals. The first Armada goal was also scored on the powerplay; a special team’s weakness we have been dealing with all season. The second period we were able to turn it around with 2 big goals from our top centerman, Ryan Shepard. In the 3rd period we were only able to muster 4 shots. Halfway through the 3rd we gave up the eventual game winner, while shorthanded. Despite having two powerplay chances in the 3rd period it was not enough and we went on to lose the game by a score of 3-2. Our starting netminder, Del Vecchio was great, stopping 25 of 28 shots. The guys in the locker knew this was a game we should have won had we limited our opponent’s powerplay chances. We need to build off of this game, especially our play in the 2nd period and use it as motivation for the rest of the series. We’ve been down in the playoffs before and still found a way to fight back. (Word Count: 216)

Task #5 - Offseason
How does a Game 7 loss in the cup finals sound like? It’s awful. To get that close to a championship, especially in your first season, and to come up that short. The guys gave it all out there and left everything on the ice. The offseason will be about improving on things during this past season that we would have liked to have seen gone better (special teams). I think for me personally I’ll be working with my goalie coach improving my overall net presence. I only had a couple starts in my abbreviated season so I would like more ice time come the fall. Like I said, we have a great group of guys in the room and I know we’ll have another great shot to win it all next season. We’ve got a lot of the same faces coming back and hopefully some new pieces that will only make us tougher to play. We want the cup. That’s our goal. (Word Count: 163)

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

#1 [Image: suXacHR.jpg]

Task #1 - Fan giveaway

Since we're the Detroit Falcons, we are going to hand out foam Falcon helmets. They're like a hard hat, but covered in foam and resembling the head of a Falcon, so the entire crowd will look like a flock of Falcons watching the Falcons play in their first home game of the playoffs. The sight of these Falcon hats, which are full red with black accents and a dark grey-ish beak, will intimidate the Anaheim Outlaws and give us players something to rally behind while we try to reach the second round. And it comes with a small remote, with one button, on a wire at the back of the helmet. Yo ucan run the wire down the back of your shirt, and through the sleeve to your hand. When you push the button, the Falcon's eyes start to glow and it lets out a loud SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Task #2 - MVP

Despite having to give up the number one spot on the rookie points table to Rhys Pritchard on the absolute last day of the regular season, my Most Valuable Player for the regular season can not be anyone else but my teammate, and linemate for the last few games as well, on the Detroit Falcons team Luke McMaster. He started off the season on a absolute flyer, bagging one goal after the other and handing out assists in the same fashion. And if it wasn't for that dry spell midseason (and me transferring to the first line after the Kreller trade), neither me nor Rhys would've been able to catch up to him in the last few games of the season. Luke ended the season with 31 points, 13 of which were goals, falling just one lousy point short of the rookie points leader Pritchard who managed to get to 32 points.

Task #3 - Magazine style player comparison

Going into the post-season, the Anaheim Outlaws and Detroit Falcons are pitted against eachother in the first round. And it's the battle between two of the top rookies in this seasons SMJHL. For the Outlaws, we have Rhys Pritchard, who registered 10 goals and 22 assists in the regular season. Detroit has its own rookie phenomenon in Cal Labovitch, who had 7 goals and 24 assists. For both rookies, the amount of icetime they got on the power play this season proved to be valuable in their race to the top spot in the rookie points table. Pritchard registered 10 points in his 141 minutes played over the regular season, while Labovitch played got 5 minutes of power play icetime more, and had a hand in 13 of the Falcons power play goals during that time. Ultimately, the chances Pritchard got on the second line for Anaheim while Labovitch skated on the third line for most of the season was the decisive factor in who got to take that top spot.

Task #4 - Game recap 

Everybody expected game 2 of the Four Star Cup, where the Anchorage Armada hosted the Kelowna Knights for the second time in the series, to be the game where Daniel Bischoff would stand up and make the difference. Or at least make some difference. Instead, the young Swiss forward was pretty much invisible for the entire game. Despite being on the ice for over 21 minutes, he failed to get himself on the scoresheet in some capacity. He wasn't even on the ice for any of the goals, and registered a plus/minus score of zero. The two shots he did get off were an easy prey for Kelowna goaltender Del Vecchio. Daniel will want to forget this game as soon as possible, and travel to Kelowna to take on the Knights in game three and four, hoping he can avoid a repeat of this personal performance and help the boatgang to their first cup since their move to Anchorage. 

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. 

I would've loved to spend my offseason back home, in Switzerland. Skating the rink where I took my first steps as a young hockeyplayer, seeing the family and my friends again. But since the draft is here in just a short while, my agent told me I have work to do. I need to keep my training up, stay in shape. Show the teams I'm ready to step up and become a valuable part of whatever team drafts me. My agent has been fielding calls from a couple of teams already and put me in contact with some of them. I've seen the scouts in the stands the last few games, I know my name is out there for top 5OA. GMs have bombarded me with questions, while others pretty much ignored my call. And apart from all of that, the IIHF and WJC tournaments are on pretty soon as well. Maybe one of them will be close to Switzerland so I can have my family pop by, because for now I have no time for them anyway..

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 12:14 PM by notoriousTRON.)

Task #1 :
[Image: HiZrTu6.jpg]

Task #2 (177 words):
Regular Season S51 MVP: Anchorage Armada Goalie Ian Venables

The Armada goaltender paced the league in save percentage (.903), tied for the lead ingoals against average (2.59) and shut outs (3), and was 2nd in Wins (25). The Canadian net minder was the only in the league to stop more than 90% of shots against him despite facing the the 3rd most shots in the league (1144). Venables was not only the best goaltender during the regular season, his success has carried over into the playoffs. His team, the Armada have surged into the four star cup finals behind his rock solid play in net. In postseason play, Venables led all goalies (with at least 400 mins in goal) with a 2.59 goals against average while facing the 2nd most shots on goal (316) and maintaining a near .900 save percentage (.892). Because of the high volume of shots his team allows, his play is undoubtedly the biggest reason that his team is in position to claim its first championship since it’s relocation to Anchorage in S42.

Task #3 (204 words):
Anaheim Outlaws Team Magazine

Despite losing to the Anchorage Armada in seven games, the playoffs did have its share of bright spots for the Outlaws. Among those was the play of a young goaltender. After largely relying on Trade Deadline acquisition Kasperi Braulin in goal down the stretch in the regular season and in the Detroit series, the Outlaws decided to give Rookie Strom Chamberlain a shot to open the series against the Armada. Initial results were less than ideal, as the young net minder allowed 4 goals on 13 shots in the opener before being replaced by Braulin and Anaheim turned back to the veteran for the next two games. Unfortunately for the Outlaws they found themselves in a 3-0 hole. At that point they turned back to the rookie Chamberlain, who promptly won the next 3 games to even the series, including a 43 save double overtime victory in game 6. While the Outlaws ultimately lost the deciding game seven 3-1, many in the organization took note of Chamberlain’s play. For the playoffs Chamberlain boasted a .899 Save % and 2.55 GAA both of which led not only Outlaw goalies, but all goalies who played at least 6 games in the playoffs.

Task #4 (238 words):
Four Star Cup Finals: Game 1 recap:

This game was everything you could want in a finals matchup. Kelowna came out swinging early and dominated possession until Adam Scianna took a holding minor just under 3 mins into the game. Anchorage would score 18 seconds into the ensuing power play to take an early lead. They extended the lead a little over 3 mins later and took a 2-0 lead into the locker room despite being outshot 11 to 10. However Kelona wouldn’t go down so easily. They battled back in the 2nd period with goals at 8:58 and 15:26 both by Ryan Shepard. They controlled possession and each team killed off two penalties in the middle frame of action. Shots in the second period were 11-7 in favor of Kelowna. The third period was an increasingly physical period that saw two more penalties called on each team, however the tripping call on Danila Zhernov at 13:07 proved to be the one they couldn’t kill off as Andrei Petrikov scored what would ultimately be the game winner at 13:51. Special teams proved to be the difference in this one as Anchorage killed off all three of its penalties while Kelowna allowed two power play goals on five attempts. We’ll see if this theme carries throughout the rest of the series but game one certainly set a frantic pace in what is sure to be a fantastic championship round!

Task #5 (134 Words):
After being eliminated in the second round by the Anchorage Armada, Rhys Pritchard of the Anaheim outlaws is spending his time getting more familiar with the greater Los Angeles area. He’s spent some time learning to surf and paddleboard as well as checking out some local golf courses. He’s excited that his mum and brother will be coming to visit him this offseason and hopefully watch him get drafted in a few weeks from his flat in Anaheim. Rhys is glued on the TV during the SMJHL finals where he’s rooting for Anchorage to win the four star cup. “After playing them in a tough seven game series, I’ve got a lot of respect for the team that they’ve put together up there. They’ve got some class act players that truly deserve a championship.”

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Task 5-offseason 

So this offseason I will be wondering around St.Louis some and checking out some of the hot spots in town. Since being drafted here I haven’t done much sight seeing or going out. After checking that out I’ll probably go back to training for the next season and the draft. I would really like to get some teammates together and run some scrimmages against each other. Get some team building in during the offseason and see where everyone is at going into next season. But that’s up to them, until then I’ll keep working on my faceoff and my passing skills to keep improving.

109 words
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 08:17 PM by kenvald.)

Task #1 - Fan Giveaway (106 words)
For the first home game of the playoff series against the Colorado Raptors, Vancouver will be placing plush whales on every seat in the entire arena as a giveaway to all attending fans. This plays on the team's own "three stars" tradition of handing out "whales" to their top-3 players of each game. We want to show the fans that they are just as important as the players when it comes to intimidating opponents and motivating team mates. In the chance of a Vancouver hat trick, fans are urged to toss their plush whale onto the ice. Unless they really want to keep it, of course.

Task #2 - Season MVP (152 words)
There has been a lot of ups and downs for Vancouver this season, but one line has stood out through it all and shined a bright light of hope over the rest of the team. Vancouver's 1st line forwards lead the league in a lot of things and while it is not easy to choose a single player from this line to be THE ONE, the player that lead this line(and team) in points and showed great discipline by staying out of the box as much as he could is Bobby Bobcalf!

Bobby Bobcalf, together with his line mates, top the plus/minus stat of the regular season with a very impressive +32. That is not all. Bobby boasts enough assists to make it as the 6th best assist leader of the season. And as the 3rd best scoring player, Bobby also showed why he is the best right winger in the league.

Task #3 - Magazine Article (456 words)
Battle Between the Pipes

During the playoff series between Vancouver and Carolina, a heavy battle was fought by the goalies of each team. Some consider this position the most important one in the game, and I have taken the time to compare the two giants game by game: White Goodman of Vancouver and Nolan McMahon of Carolina.

Game 1
White Goodman, 32 saves from 34 shots. 0.941 SV%
Nolan McMahon, 28 saves from 29 shots. 0.966 SV%

An impressive showing from both goalies, but Nolan got the edge by only letting in a single goal. This was most definitely a game where the game was kept competitive thanks to the netminders.

Game 2
White Goodman, 19 saves from 23 shots - 0.826 SV%
Nolan McMahon, 17 saves from 20 shots - 0.850 SV%

Game 3
White Goodman, 17 saves from 20 shots - 0.850 SV%
Nolan McMahon, 31 saves from 35 shots - 0.886 SV%

After the first game both goalies ended up in what can be described as a two game slump. Neither goalie reached 0.9%. Nolan held up as best as he could in game 3 where he faced the most shots of the series. White had less shots against but that didn't make it any easier when facing Carolina.

Game 4
White Goodman, 30 saves from 33 shots - 0.909 SV%
Nolan McMahon, 29 saves from 33 shots - 0.879 SV%

The fourth game turned out to be the most even of the series with both teams having the same amount of shots on net. The only thing that differed the two goalies where a single goal. It was yet another game where the golies bailed out their team mates more than once.

Game 5
White Goodman, 19 saves from 20 shots - 0.950 SV%
Nolan McMahon, 23 saves from 25 shots - 0.920 SV%

The teams calmed down a bit when it came to shots in the fifth game. Even letting their goalies take a breather every once in a while. It was yet another one-goal game. All goals came in the first period and after that White and Nolan decided that, that was enough. Starting with the second period both netminders shut out their opponents.

Game 6
White Goodman, 24 saves from 28 shots - 0.857 SV%
Nolan McMahon, 8 saves from 11 shots - 0.727 SV%

The deciding game was a surprising one. I don't think anyone expected that Nolan would be pulled in any game through the playoffs. But letting in 8 goals on 11 shots after barely 22 minutes made Carolina's coach take the decision. It's most likely a game Nolan wants back because it also wasn't White's best game. But after closing out Carolina during their first period onslaught, White had the confidence of his entire team.

Task #4 - Finals Game Recap (222 words)
Welcome to the game recap for game 6 of the nail biter of a playoff series between Anchorage and Kelowna!

In the first 10 minutes of the first period both teams were stone-walled by the goalies who both came out playing just as their coaches would have hoped. It was not until the 11th minute when Daniel Bischoff took off and sailed from his own side of the ice all the way into the Knight's zone and got one past Luca Del Vecchio.

Not too much later we saw another attack on the Knight's net. After the puck was dumped into the zone, the Armada refused to leave and had beautiful zone possession. By tiring out the Knights when moving the puck around and getting a few shots on net, they could not hold on any longer and the Armada went up by 2.

The second period was definitely the calmest of the three having the least amount of shots from both teams. But that then changed in the third. Anchorage came out blasting and put 6 shots on net before Kelowna got a single shot of their own. The 6th shot from Anchorage was the nail in the coffin as it slipped past Del Vecchio, and while the Knights fought hard they just couldn't get anything past Venables in the end.

Task #5 - Offseason (117 words)
With the upcoming SHL draft there's no time to rest. After being giving some great feedback on my play and areas of improvement, I'll be using most of the offseason to train and get into the best shape of my career. My agent and I have been in contact with a handful of teams already, looking to gauge interest from both sides and to see where I would best fit in and be able to contribute the most come the day when I will be called up to the big league. But before the draft I have the IIHF and WJC tournaments to look forward to. It is always a proud moment to wear your country's colors.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 03:46 AM by _Blitz_.)

Task 1: Game Gift Giveaway- Exclusive Funko Pops

[Image: hmw6w0p.png]

Task 2: The St. Louis Scarecrows' Season 51 MVP (193 Words)

It comes down to James Ronlain and Yamamoto Mitsuharu for St. Louis, in my opinion.
They tied for fifty-two points. Ronlain had the edge on goals, with 26 to Mitsu’s 22. That also put him third in the league for total goals. Ronlain was sixth in the league for total shots with 192, but Mitsu makes up for it by placing fourth in shot accuracy with a 17.19% rating. Mitsuharu placed tenth in face offs—54.1% in the circle—and eighth in total minutes played with 1132. He also has an empty-net goal. Ronlain is second for game-tying goals with 3.
Getting into the Advanced Stats published by aaronwilson, the two have the same consistency score but that’s where similarities end. Mitsuharu has a longer point streak, at 14 games to Ronlain’s 13. They’re numbers one and two in the league and the next closest player had a 10-game streak. Mitsuharu led the league in Power Play points per game, with 9.8 points.

With all of that in mind, I’m going to have to go with Yamamoto Mitsuharu for the St. Louis Scarecrows’ Season 51 MVP.

Task 3: Magazine

[Image: fXoiBUv.png]

Task 4: Four Star Finals Game 4 Recap (171 Words)

This game is the halfway mark in the allotted meetings for the Season 51 Four Star Cup Final. The series was 2 - 1 in favor of the Anchorage Armada over the Kelowna Knights coming in. With the conclusion of this game, the series is tied 2 - 2. The final score is 2 - 1 for Kelowna. 

The edge came in face offs, and it shows. Not only did they take face offs 58 to 37, but they turned them into opportunities, especially in the Anchorage zone. Speaking as a St. Louis player, Kelowna battered us in face offs in our series, too. They're very strong in the circle. Both teams showed exceptional penalty kill performance in this game. Each team had three penalties, and while power play efforts were good, the opposition PK is what really shined.

Shoutout to Andrei Petrikov for the Armada. Not only was he active on offense, with four shots and a goal, he also blocked three shots. Way to play a two-hundred foot game.

Task 5: The Offseason (213 Words)

I took a couple of days to straighten up the apartment and pack, but I came home after we lost to Kelowna. I’m back in Lithia with my parents and siblings.
Football season’s over for high school and college, so Dad, Joey, and I have been hanging out. Somedays it’s batting cages, somedays it’s golf. They’ve been out on the ice with me a few times, too. Just hanging out.

[Image: a5XBddQ.png]
Joey and Danny Marston at the Bloomingdale Golf Club
A couple of days ago, I went out to help with a kids’ camp at the rec center where I learned to play hockey. It was fun getting to see my old coaches and some old friends. It was a little weird when a couple of moms asked if their young kids would make it in the SHL. Some of those kids really loved it, though, and getting to share that was worth the weird parents.
There’s a lot of work with the fun, too. Part of how I ended up volunteering is that I’ve been out at the rec or at the Brandon Ice Center every day for at least two hours. I’m still training, albeit a little lighter. I’ve gotten a couple of calls from different interested SHL teams, one of which sounds really exciting. We’ll see how it goes, though.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Task #1: Promo Item!
The Colorado Raptors are proud to announce that for our first home playoff game, in honor of our first overall draft pick, the first 250 fans in the stadium will receive a special Colorado Raptors tank sculpture! This sculpture of an M60 Patton proudly painted in Raptor blue is sure to make a great impact in any dirty basement with a really nice TV! The stainless steel tank sculpture is 6 inches long and comes with a weighted base with an inscription reading "Season 51 First Overall!" Come out and get your commemorative tank today, but if you miss out don't worry, they are on sale at merchandisers for only $119.99!

Task #4 Game Recap
Game 5 was very much a make or break game for both teams. Anchorage and Kelowna came into the game all locked up at 2 apiece, with the winner of this game controlling their own destiny and gaining a 3-2 series advantage. In the first period Anchorage came out swinging, behind the sticks of Augustus Wang and Daniel Bischoff. However, the teams entered a stalemate throughout most of the second period, which was finally broken by Kelowna pulling within one thanks to a power play goal late in the period. As the third period rolled around, Kelowna used their momentum and scored to make the game a 2-2 tie, before Goaltender Luca Del Vecchio locked down in the face of the Armada's late game onslaught. As the game hadn't been decided in regulation, the game went into overtime, where Kelowna played aggressive and snuck one past Ian Venables for the game winner.

Task #5 Offseason
I do not care about SHL draft. I like it here in Colorado more. I am going home to Russia and Kazakhstan for summer and I will do some training in order to keep in shape. I do not want to go where it is warm because where it is hot it is miserable. I will miss playing hockey with teammates and I will be sad when teammates leave for SHL and retirement. I look forward to redeeming self for shitty performance in World Junior last year because I was shitty and bad. I do not have agent and I answer calls myself. I have not gotten many phone calls about SHL draft. I do not expect to as I am goalie and not cool because I do not have any goal or penalty minute. I will work on offseason on getting penalty number up.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 01:59 PM by ryan cvit.)

Task #1 Fan Giveaway: (114 words)

Hey Anchorage fans, we have a game 7 in the four star cup finals against the Kelowna Knights and we are going to be doing a special fan giveaway for the game! The first 5000 fans that attend the game will receive a signed Daniel Bischoff mini stick! He has been on an absolute tear this season and is a huge reason why the Armada are in the position they are in to take home the cup! We hope to see you all there for game seven cheering on the armada on. Gates open 3 hours prior to puck drop so be sure to get there nice and early to claim this awesome item.

Task #2 SMJHL MVP: (161 words)

For me, the answer is simple even if it is a little biased as I am a teammate of his. Daniel Bischoff is your S51 SMJHL MVP. Bischoff lit up the scoresheet this season with an impressive line of 25 goals and 36 assists for 61 points which is 4 points clear of the next highest point getter (Nurmagomedov from Detroit with 57). He was a key reason Anchorage brought home the Four Star Cup championship. He was also a +10 which showed that when he was on the ice more often than not he was able to put the puck in the back of the net or help a teammate find twine. Bischoff didn’t accomplish this feat alone though as he had some star-studded help in playing alongside Mitchell Van Der Heijden who posted up 47 points during the campaign. He was also second in the SMJHL in power play scoring with 20 points leading that dangerous anchorage power play.  

Task #5 off-season plans: (123 words)

Fresh off of a dream rookie season posting up 10 goals and 14 assists for 24 points as well as taking home the Four Star cup, I plan to head back to New York and enjoy the off-season and celebrate with family and friends as well as get a little down time to reflect and look to the future. With the SHL draft coming up my sights are set on the first round and I will try and put in the work to make that happen. Me and my good buddy Luke McMaster are planning on training together in the off season and I will obviously be bringing my ring with me wherever we go so he doesn’t forget who the champ is. 

[Image: OIQc6sy.png]

Task #1 - Fan Giveaway
For the first home game (Game 3) of the SMJHL 4 Cup Finals series, the first 2,000 fans received custom Kelowna Knights waffle irons. Each Waffle iron made waffles in the shape of the Knights logo with one of the players numbers, so the most dedicated fans were trading and buying waffle irons off each other to get their favorite players, or in the most extreme case one fan traded the naming rights of his first child to another fan for their coveted Luca Del Vecchi #1 iron. Also these waffle irons come with rechargeable battery packs so many fans were whipping up a bunch of waffles during the game, and proceed to throw waffles on the ice after the Knights won.

Task #2 - Regular Season MVP

My MVP for the Regular season would be the Knight’s Captain Ryan Shepard. Shepard lead the knights in points for the 2nd season in a row with 15 goals and 26 assists for 41 points and a team leading 9 power play points. And while he did lead the team in points that's not the only reason i think he is the MVP. He also had 52 Hits (3rd among forwards), 18 shots blocked (2nf among forwards)and lead the team in face off % at 54.37%. Also one area the knights seem to have an issue with is taking penalties, and Shepard did a great job in only taking 12 penalty minutes besides being one of the highest average minutes per game on the team. In addition to being a force on the ice Shepard also does his job being a leader in the locker room and helping out rookies.

Task #3 Magazine

What killed the Kelowna Knights Four Star Cup Chance? A terrible Special Teams performance

We are going to look at the Special Team stats of the Knights over the entire season
During the regular season all 10 teams averaged a 20.4% power play and a 79.6% Penalty kill, while the Knights were above average on the penalty kill with 80.59% they were by far the worst Power Play team scoring in only 19 of their 180 chances or 10.56%. They got closer to the average during their first two playoff series having a 18.52% conversion rate, 10/54, and a penalty kill of 79.49%. But during the Final 7 games of the playoffs the Knights boasted a 5.88% Power play, converting on only 1 of their 17 chances during the series. Their opponent had a 21.43% Power play, scoring 6 goals in their 28 advantages, all of which came in the 4 games the Knights lost.
On top of this 3 of the 4 games the knights lost were 1 goal games, so if they were able to convert at the same rate the Armada did they would have netted 2 or 3 more goals over the series, which could have easily won them an extra game and the series. Or it was entirely the refs fault for giving the Armada 11 additional power plays than the Knights.

Task #4 - Turing point

The turning point of the Four Star Finals series came during game 6. The Armada were up 1-0 on a goal by Daniel Bischoff and during the 2nd period the Knights were putting the pressure on the Armada, and Gylfi Eriksson had a great goal to tie the game on a tick tack toe play between him and Noah Nystrom. The Knights bench erupted and spirits were high. But then the refs decided to review the play, and after a commercial time out, it was announced that Captain Ryan Shepard was in the crease and the goal was called off for goaltender interference. This really hurt the morale on the bench, the team pushed hard to get back in the game, but the Armada goaltender Ian Venables shut the door every time. The game ended with two empty net goals, giving the Armada a 3-0 win over the knight. This game was the Knights best chance at winning the cup, they were coming off 3 wins in a row and had the home ice advantage. After this loss the Knights then had to fly all the way the the Armadas stadium and try and win against a roughty away crowd, but again the Armada were to much for them and won the Game 7  4-3.

Task #5 - Off season

So after our disappointing loss in game 7 of the Four Star Cup, Adam Scianna decided to stay in Kelowna for the time being to continue training with his teammates in preparation for the draft. He didn't take much time off after the loss as in his mind you have to get the hardware to earn the break. There are reports the Scianna will get the opportunity to play for his home country of Norway in the upcoming IIHF tournament, so when camp starts up for that he will enjoy the opportunity to go back home and see his family.

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

1. For the championship round and Kelowna's first home game, be sure to arrive early and get a Kelowna Knights official T-shirt! This bright yellow T-shirt will tell everyone how much you support the team and the unique "Kelowna Knights S51 Four Cup Finals" design will let everyone know you were apart of history! Free for the first 10,000 fans through the gates, this shirt is made from 100% cotten and is machine washer friendly! Also included on the shirt is the name and number of one of your favorite Kelowna Knights! It is random chance so everyone in your family will get someone different to wear as their favorite Knight! Make sure to arrive early while supplies last!

2. For Kelowna this regular season, I'm going to award the MVP to Andrey Barbashev II. This at first glance seems like a bit of an odd choice. Barbashev led the team in goals, but was 3rd in points. However, when you dig a bit deeper, Barbashev shines bright as a player near the top of the leaderboard in almost every good skater stat for Kelowna. In addition to scoring, he was a force two-way for Kelowna as well, tied with stand out rookie Noah Nystrom for the team lead in +/-. He also was third in the team with hits, with 73 hits. He did all of this while averaging considerably less time on ice compared to other top players on Kelowna. Barbashev was 5th among fowards in ice time on the team, averaging just over 18 minutes a game of ice time. For these reasons, along with a great character in the locker room, Andrey Barbashev is my choice for MVP of the Kelowna Knights this season.

3. For this comparison, we are going to take a look at the first round matchup between Kelowna and Lethbridge. Specifically, the matchup of the number 5 and 6 drafter players. Both had large expectations going into this season, so let's analyse how they did in their first postseason. At #5, Lethbridge selected forward SLATT Potts. Potts is expected to grow into a future star forward for Lethbridge, though he had a slow start this season with 10 points in the regular season. Kelowna won the series in 6 games, meaning Potts only played 6 games, considerably less than Kelowna. He had no points and was a -2 in those 6 games. Defenseman Noah Nystrom was drafted right after at #6, and had 11 points during the regular season. During the 20 games of playoff time Nystrom had, he only registered 1 point, and was 0 in +/-. Time will tell how these two do from their draft position, but so far, advantage Nystrom.

4. Going into Game 3 of the Four Cup Finals, Kelowna was down to Anchorage 2-0. They got home for their time in this series, and desperately needed a win. Boy, did Kelowna give the home crowd a showing and help keep them in the series. All of the scoring came in the first period. First, Anchorage scored 6 minutes in. After that, it was all Kelowna. Barbashev scored 4 minutes later and then with a minute left Golury scored to give Kelowna a 2-1 lead. The next 2 periods consisted of tough, tight hockey between two closely matched teams. The star, however, was Kelowna Goalie Luca Del Vecchio. Del Vecchio had a perfect game after the early goal, and make many key saves to give Kelowna a badly needed first win in these finals. While the Knights would eventually lose the series in 7, had they lost here it would have been much worse. The play of Del Veccio saved Kelowna's season for the time, and helped them rally back and even take a lead in the series.

5. Noah Nystrom is ready to be drafted, and he thought he had a good first season in North America. He showed this season he is defensively talented, even to the point being a defensive leader on the young Kelowna defense. However, Nystrom was advertised as a two-way defenseman, and that is what his offseason workouts will be towards. Nystrom has been working specifically on his shooting, getting to his practice sessions early in the morning and practicing every type of shot. While the results on the ice aren't quite there offensively, look for next season to be a jump in the offensive talent showcased by the young Swedish defenseman.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 09:46 AM by RainDelay.)

Task 1

Welcome everybody to the Anaheim Outlaws’ Old Town Road Night. The first 10,000 fans to enter the arena will go home with a limited edition, extra special Anaheim Outlaws cowboy hat. The signature hat in our logo can now be yours, you just have to get here early. Oh, and the special part: out of the 10,000 hats, 500 are signed by Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus, creators of the smash hit Old Town Road. If you’re lucky enough to draw one of the signed hats, you can have a great piece of hockey and music memorabilia! Items not for resale, don’t get any ideas.

Task 5

At season’s end, there’s only one thing left for me to do, and that is look ahead toward the SHL draft. I honestly can’t believe it’s here already, it snuck up so soon. While I know I won’t be called up to the big leagues just yet and probably have a season or two left with the Outlaws, it’s very exciting to know a major franchise will be picking me. Yes, me. It’s the day I’ve dreamed of for quite a while. So what am I doing in the meantime? That’s easy. I’ve been training my ass off. Racking up all the training I can. I need to show all the GMs that I will be a keystone player for their franchise. I’ve seen the big boards, and it only motivates me further. Someone is about to get Top 5 talent in maybe the late second or early third round. Don’t pass on me, big mistake.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

#1 - There is a big game 7 tonight in St Louis with the Scarecrows taking on the Kelowna Knights in the semi-finals and every fan will receive a one of a kind custom scarecrow hat to place on your favorite scarecrow! The hat is made out of the ugliest brown felt and a bright gleaming orange ribbon sure to scare the most resilient crow. As we say here in St. Louis, fuck a crow! Disclaimer: This hat is not to be worn or consumed by any human. Consuming this hat may result in death. Wearing this hat may cause the little beetles inside to bore deep into your skull and lay eggs in your brain. This hat is to be worn by scarecrows only and other things without brains. This item is not for resale or transfer.

#2 - My pick for MVP of the SMJHL playoffs this season is a no brainer. It has to be Ian Venables. The goalie for the Anchorage Armada strapped his team to his back and said let’s go boys, I’ll show you how to win a cup. Venables sported a league high .902 save percentage and a league high 2.38 goals against average throughout the playoffs. These statistics are impressive but the most impressive thing I saw from Venables is, with his teams back against the wall Venables posted his only shutout of the post season in a pivotal game six. He stopped 22 out of 22 shots to lead the Anchorage to game 7 and then led them through a trying game 7 in which they came out on top 4-3. Because of his clutch performances and dazzling statistics I would easily give the MVP to Venables. I just felt like no one stood apart in the way he did in these playoffs.

#5 – Since the St Louis Scarecrows got eliminated in a tough game 7 in the semi-finals of the SMJHL playoffs one of their rookie players has been logging in big hours at the gym preparing for the draft. We caught up with rookie sensation Mega Tron as we saw him leaving a gym in Arlington, VA where he spends his offseason training. We asked for an interview with Tron and instead he offered to give us this statement. “With the new requirements being placed on players until we reach S53 I’m really going to have to work on my passing during this off season more than I have in the past. I know I’m not always the biggest TPE guy on the ice ever, but I’ve always really concentrated my efforts into figuring out the best way to put the puck in the net. That said, I don’t want to get my team in trouble or anything so I’m going to focus harder on making sure I’m more generous with the puck.”

Need a sig :-/