Create Account

S51 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 08:17 PM by Legend.)

Task #1 - Giveway

Attention Kraken Fans, the Carolina Kraken will be giving away a special promotional item at the next upcoming home Playoff game! What is it? Well it's something your favorite player uses every single game, the CoachSpy500! That's right, now you can be just like Stirling MacTavish. It doesn't matter if you're at home and wanting to use it on your parents, at school and on your teachers, or even during your own games with your own coach! What does it do? It does exactly like it says it does. It's a small portable camera designed to watch the coaches (parent or teacher as well) every move. As soon as the coach is distracted, looking away, or just simply not paying attention the camera will send out a small, but powerful, electric shock that notifies you it's time to sneak off the bench, out of class, or out of the house! Now you can be just like MacTavish- earn your ice time the right way, by sneaking off the bench and being too far for the coach to do anything!

Patent pending, we're not liable for any seizures, hospital visits, or death with the use of this item. Side effects of use include verbal abuse and possibly physical abuse if your coach is Bill Peters.

Task #2 - MVP

The MVP of the Carolina Kraken is a no brainer this year. No one person put more effort off the ice as this individual and made sure the team gelled both in the locker room and away from the rink. Often never appreciated by the fans, this individual was an All-Star in the minds of every player. Whether it was sneaking booze into the water bottles of several players, or sleeping pills into the coaching staff's drinks so that they miss morning practice, this person made sure to put the team on their back. Wearing the Kraken emblem and colors with pride this person earned every cent of their measly pay. Even to the most diehard fan many did not realize that this person led the team, and league, in TTA with 1204 and TBYAAPG 410.32 (Advanced Stats). This person showed up early to everything and stayed way later than anyone else as well. Come to mention it, I think that person may be living somewhere in the rink.

Any-who without further a due, the MVP of the Carolina Kraken this season.... The Mascot!

TTA = Things Thrown At & TBYAAPG = Time Being Yelled At Average Per Game

Task #4 - Post Game Recap

Welcome back to SportsorSomethingRecap, the brand new show to attract a different demographic here on FashionNetwork!

Game 6 of the Four Star Cup, between the Anchorage Armada and Kelowna Knights went down tonight and boy did it have a ton of action! Just look at those crisp green and off gold uniforms from the Knights, and the way the black outline and provides an accent across the shoulders is just simply outstanding. Here we see Ryan Shepard, the Knights star player lining up in the middle against someone with those monstrosity of uniforms. I mean just pick a color already would you? Prime example, look at the big guy, Luca Del Vecchio, in front of the net and his gear. It's way different than anyone from Kelowna and he's done a marvelous job with it. The way his mask glistens as he moves side to side, and the way those big white things reflect the red light that is coming on behind him is breath taking. Can I tell you something? Theo Golury is just to die for, I mean, look at him struggle to get up after being run over by those uglies. I tell you, those jerseys and how he wears it looks even more divine when it's caked with snow. Even the Knights coach has it going on with a clean cut, modern 3 piece suit. Is that Dolce & Gabbana I see? My oh my, the Knights must be swimming in money if he can afford that. The color of that suit is just perfect for his blood vessel popping red color of a face he has going on, excellent choice! Someone must have spilled something on that suit, just look at him yell at all the players!

Oh, the ugly team won 3 to zip to take a commanding lead in the series. Whatever that means. Stay tuned for a new episode of "How do I look" coming up after us!

Task #5 - Offseason

Ah the Off-Season is finally here, which means only one thing. It's drinking season!

As soon as we lost out in the Playoffs it was go time. By the time we hit the dressing room I was sneaking pulls from my locker flask. It wasn't hard with everyone's head down and a few of the older guys crying (something about their last game and moving onto a pro league). From there the rest of the team got into it and we had ourselves a proper bender week! After that was done it was time to fly home and start the real drinking season. I missed my flight, twice - and by missed I mean not legally allowed to board as I was well over the legal limit. The only way I managed to get home was that I passed out waiting for my next flight and by the time I woke up I was somehow on the plane. Once landed I went straight to the pub with me mates and I've been here ever since. What day is it anyhow? Maybe I should get a training session in before I need to head back? Let me just check real quick...... and I'm already a month late in terms of reporting back for training camp.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Task 1- fan giveaway

While my falcons fell short of a championship this year and had quite a disappointing season, our fans consistently stayed involved and supportive. I can say with confidence we have some of the most die hard fans in the league. To contribute to their dedication, my idea for a good fan giveaway will come in the form of Falcons T-shirts with the theme being “this years our year”. This year was a growing year for us and we have plenty of players that are poised for a breakout this season. Having a red out in the first round of the playoffs with all the fans wearing these shirts will no doubt hype up the city of Detroit.

Task 2- Falcons MVP this season

I’d like to give co-MVP honors to Khabib Nurmegadov and Travis Bitties. I feel that is a general no brainer to award these two as the best forward and defenseman on our team for this season. They were 1 and 2 in scoring on our team, Khabib impressively surpassed the 30 goal plateau, and Travis led our team in assists with a whopping 36. The first power play unit was electric when these two were on their game. I’d also like to give my fellow rookie Cal Labovitch a special shoutout for an impressive season as well. He didn’t start of the season too hot, but we fell into a groove once we were both promoted to the top line and if we play together again next year we should be able to dominate the league.

Task 3- magazine article

Game 7 thrills- Augustus wang leads his Armada past Luciano Verssot and the Knights for the S51 SMJHL title. This game went down to the wire, but ultimately the Armada pulled away to seal their 4-3 win over the Knights in the deciding game. One Armada name that I heard constantly on the play by play was Augustus Wang. He was tied for second on the team in points in the playoffs, and he impressively led the team with 9 power play points in just 20 playoff games. He showed his clutch tendencies when he scored 2 of the Armada 4 goals to help seal their title win. He is my championship MVP without a doubt. While his team did fall short, Verssot’s play for the Knights impressed me as well. They fought to the end and you have to admire that. While he only had 2 goals in the playoffs, he still led the team in points due to his 22 assists in 20 games. That is 5 more than anybody else had in the league. These two are true leaders and show up when their team needs them to.

Task 5- off-season break

Given that I am 21 years old and just coming off my rookie season, my only priority is getting better. I sure will enjoy my down time and will probably be spending most of it with family and friends. Will def be spending most of my Saturday nights at the bar getting hit on by chicks left and right. I give them the “I was second in rookie scoring in the SMJHL this season” line and it works every time. When Im not out being social, though, I will be on the ice. Im paying 600 a month for rent at the local rink and i sprawl my sleeping bag out on the center dot every night for sleep after a hard days work. I am very pleased with how my first season turned out and I know I can have a true breakout year next season. I wanna lead the Falcons to a cup and will continue to train until I’m confident I can do so.

[Image: Luke.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 03:43 PM by thedangazone.)

Task 1

The first item to be handed out in our playoff game giveaways is a Michael Fitted taco hat. The playoffs will all be games to celebrate our best players and up first will be Fitted and his taco obsession. The hat will of course be hard shell but have a nice Carolina orange cheese on top to show off our colors just a little bit. Add in Fitted's number 21 plastered across the side and all his favorite ingredients (mostly meat and beer to be honest) and the Taco will make the game the absolute best tribute to our most eccentric player and an easy crowd favorite for a while and for years to come.
115 words

Task 2

My MVP for the regular season is Bobby Bobcalf from the Vancouver Whalers. He had 56 points (22 goals and 34 assists) which was good for 3rd in the league in points. The reason I would choose him over the 2 that finished higher than him though is because of his complete game. The absolute biggest stat that stands him apart from the other 2 is that he has a +32 overall, whereas the number 1 player had a +10 and number 2 had a -1. He had similar shots blocked at 17 where they had 17 and 18 but he also played 141 penalty kill minutes which is 23 more than the 2nd place scorer and 32 more than 1st. He also had less power play time overall then both of them and was able to be that close in points overall. The last big stat is hits where he has 52 overall to 2nd places 55, so not a big difference there. And his 52 hits towers over 1st overall's 9 hits.
174 words

Task 3

Reporting from Carloina: An In Depth Look At Player's Pregame.

In the first round matchup between the Carolina Kraken and Vancouver Whalers it was apparent walking in the locker rooms before the first big game that each player has their own routine, or lack thereof, and refuses to stray from the normal. 2 players in particular stood out for their complete opposite ends of pregame routines; Sabo Tage of the Whalers and Michael Fitted of the Kraken. Tage is one of the most detail oriented players in the locker room for pregame. He makes sure that he eats his same meal of exactly 10 ounces of chicken, 2 hardboiled eggs, 1.25 cups of rice, 16 ounces of his pregame protein/energy shake, and one small cookie. He also is meticulous in his order of pads going on starting with the skates and working up. Michael Fitted on the other hand could be described as a complete mess before the game. He is generally seen rather sleeping in his stall or shoving tacos down his throat as fast as he can since he over slept. According to teammates he also forgets a piece of 2 of his gear on regular occurrences.
190 words

Task 4

I chose to write about game 7 of the finals because why not write about the biggest game of the entire season. Anchorage was able to pull out the victory for the four star cup following a 4-3 win over Kelowna. Instead of the typical recap though I have decided to do a TDZ favorite of my most underrated player of the game. The biggest underrated player for me is definitely Daniel Bischoff for the Anchorage Armada. He did pick up an assist but was easily overshadowed by his teammates which 2 of had 2 goals each and one even had 3 assists. He makes the list for me though for his selfless play while also putting up a little offense to boot. His 1 point is accented by his 7 shots on goal which is quite impressive that he didn't come away with a goal from it. He did go 3 out of 5 in faceoffs coming in for his center who decided to get tossed to the side like a smelly old sock. Most important for me though is the defensive side of the game. While he did have power play time, he obviously did nothing with it and more importantly he had 2 minutes and 44 seconds on the penalty kill which is good for 2nd most in the game. And during that time frame he was able to block 2 different shots which is second most on his team only 1 behind the leader. So for his selfless defensive play while adding a little to the offensive win as well Mr. Bischoff gets my underrated player award during a cup clinching win.
276 words

Task 5

The Velveteen Dream has been spending his offseason relaxing stress free in his mansion while waiting for the SHL draft. While a lot of other players for this upcoming draft are probably stressed out and training hard to get as high a position as possible the Dream doesn't have to worry because he has long known he will be taking his elite talent and his purple rain maker to the purplest team in the SHL, the New Orleans Specters. While training would probably not hurt, you see the Dream is already the best and regardless he will be elite at the next level so why waste his strength now when he can save it for next season's breakout stardom.
119 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

1) Our giveaway for our playoff games is a blanket. Yes, it is expensive for a SMJHL team to give away a blanket to the fans, but it is a very low quality blanket. It is a recreate of the blanket that Bale had when he was a toddler. It was his favorite blanket and he consistently cried when the blanket was taken away from him. On draft night, this blanket is going to be sown on the inside of his suit jacket, the same one that it was on when he signed his contract with the Anaheim Outlaws. This recreate will be available to all fans entering the arena and will be a rally cry for the horrible 3rd liner.

2) My MVP this post season is Bale. I know what you are thinking, who the heck is Bale? Well, he is pretty much a nobody and he really doesn't have very pretty stats at all, but he is a player that made some good plays in the playoffs. He also was good morale for the Anaheim Outlaws and a leader on their lower lines. This season obviously wasn't his, but the playoffs he was a decent player and helped the Outlaws advance out of the first round and progress towards the second. He is a player who was consistent in making accurate passes, winning faceoffs, and scoring a few goals. While you may wonder, why would a player without great stats be a MVP for the postseason? Well morale and overall exceeding expectation by the team is good support. I just think that I deserve MVP because I'm awesome honestly. Thank you for your consideration for the award committee.

3) In the championship series, I was looking at Ian Venables and Luca del Vecchio. These were two solid goaltenders throughout the season so I naturally wondered how they would perform on the big stage. It just so happened they ended up meeting in the championship series. They had two of the highest win percentages for goalies this season, and Venables actually had the best in the juniors. They were also the top two in goals against average and in shots faced. The two goalies are very close and statistics and proved to be so in the the playoffs as well. The two best goalies in the minors carried their teams to the championship rounds. It is clear based on their performances in the regular season that their teams trust them and having them in the back allowed their offenses to confidently roll. The two best goalies all year long got to face off on the biggest stage of all, which is only fitting.

4) The Anchorage Armada won the final game of the SMJHL playoffs because of their hot start. Their ability to get two goals in the first period was crucial to them winning their clinching game. Heijden did an incredible job, notching two goals in the period and adding an assist later in the game. He was also 16/25 in the circle, showing his ability to get extra possessions for his team. The Armada also saw Petrikov put it on a platter three different times. These players and their line were obviously crucial for the team, but when it game was especially meaningful to their championship campaign. The early start was too much for the Kelowna Knights to overcome as the Armada continued to pour it on. The Armada can credit their top line for getting them off to that start and it's impressive performance. Great teams finish games, but championship teams start fast and finish strong.

5) I am spending my time in the offseason recovering and training. It is a pretty basic answer, but it is simply what a great player needs to do. I am relatively new to the league so my conditioning is not exactly where it should be and I am not the best player as of right now. My rest will consist of 9 hours of sleep each night in addition to having a chef live with me to get my body right. To improve my skill, I will be living in the gym. Whenever I am not in the gym, I will be playing NHL20 to get a better feel for the sport of hockey. Being great isn't easy, but I'm chasing it.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 02:42 PM by Glyc.)

1: This year the Whalers are happy to announce the acquisition of a new bobbled head in their Rivalries collection. A very interesting collectible, this one features a short retail window of sixteen days between the 16th and 24th. The new Bobble head includes a Laughing White Goodman as he holds up a smelly bag of garbage emblazoned with the Kelowna Knights insignia! Goodman is featured wearing his full gear minus mask and it is sure to be a hit with the home crowd. The Bobble head will be handed out at the first home game versus Anchorage, it should be a close bout.

2. For my MVP of this season for the playoffs I will have to go with Augustus Wang. Wang may not have had the highest point total in the postseason and may not have had the most at his position, however he boasted a pretty good +9 with 5 goals and 17 assists for 22 points in 20 games. However, in addition, he managed to get both a game winner and a game tying goal, both impressive feats for a defenseman, but thats not it when it comes to what he has achieved, such as an impressive 23.26 minutes per game played, a ridiculous number for most if not all and more than enough for him to stand at the highest Time on ice of all his teammates. He may not lead in this stat but he certaintly was close, he also ended with 38 minutes killing penalties this playoffs. He certainly did his best to win, and in the end it may have just pushed them over the top for the Cup.

3. When it comes to superstitions, Hockey is a world leader. More than you’d think and far past the days of ghosts and hauntings, today’s hockey player is an independent but easily frightened breed dedicated to putting pucks on net and going bar downski. However there is a quirk you wouldn’t expect, see the Kelowna Knights for example, a solid team yet one with weird traditions. For example, the captain has to wear the Jockstrap of their original captain otherwise they will lose in a reverse sweep and also that of the Nour dilemma. Different from ghosts, Nour, no longer in charge has taken to trying to scare the team into compliance with various other traditions by dressing up in a ghost costume and rattling chains when players aren’t doing what he wants them to. As far as I am aware, no one is paying him for this, dude just really likes costumes.

Task #1 - Create a fan giveaway item to be handed out at one of your team's playoff games (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements: WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on the game where the item will be given out. or GRAPHIC: Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

The Kelowna Knights will be giving away a Ryan Shepard bobblehead. The Knights' leading scorer throughout the S51 regular season deserves some recognition and will get it thru the bobblehead.Available at any Save on Foods location in the Kelowna area with the purchase of 1 box of ice cream sandwiches, Shepard's favorite snack. These will be available until the SMJHL finals are over, or until stock depletes. Qualities are limited, so you best come through and grab them before you can't grab them no 'mo. Get your Shepard and follow the flock of the Knights as they attempt to take out the Anchorage Armada through the SMJHL Finals.

Task #2 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.
Requirements: 150 words and mention of at least one stat.

Task #3 - Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements: 150 words for the written, team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline for the graphic.

Task #4 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.
Requirements: 150 words.

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.
Requirements: 100 words.

Morgan Forestier and the Kelowna Knights did not end up winning the Four Star Cup. Even though they came close,

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 06:48 PM by Rindiee.)

Task #1 - Create a fan giveaway item to be handed out at one of your team's playoff games (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements: WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on the game where the item will be given out.  or  GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Attention all Lethbridge Lions fans. At the first Pre-Season game your Lions marketing team will be giving away a SLATT Potts mug to the first 1000 fans who enter the door. That's right a mug with the beautiful face of Atlanta's own SLATT Potts! Although Potts did not perform at the highest of his capabilities in his Rookie season, he still made his presence known off the ice, and his dedication to the city, team and fans is unmatched. For that reason we've decided to opt to show some love for our up and coming Lion. Remember, this will be at our first Pre-Season game in which is an Exhibition against the Canada Juniors squad! You don't want to miss out!

Task #2 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.

My MVP of the Regular Season is without a doubt Daniel Bischoff from the Anchorage Armada. In 50 GP Bischoff put up a league-leading 61 Points as well as tallying 36 assists, which comes in as the 2nd best in the SMJHL. If those impressive numbers weren't enough to sell you on Bischoff... lets transition into his performance in the playoffs. Not only did Bischoff put up 23 points which put him at the 2nd most points in Playoffs, he  led the league in goals scored with 12, led the league in +/- with +12, BUT Bischoff also led his team to a Four Star Cup Championship. Needless to say, Bischoff was without a doubt the most impressive performer in the SMJHL in both regular season and playoffs. Not to mention the achievement of being crowned Four Star Cup Champion, as the cherry on top. I'd go as far as calling him the Unanimous MVP of the entire league this season.

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.

There's no doubt that Potts is already enjoying his offseason. Potts isn't a big fan of golfing or any of the other lame things hockey players do in their free time... Nah Potts gets straight into partying and partaking in the use of incredibly hard drugs. SLATT takes this time to return back to his hometown of Atlanta and goes straight to the strip clubs. Cocaine, hookers, molly, black tar heroin, you name it, Potts is probably already on it. However, reality hits when he had to head back to Lethbridge in preparation for the upcoming SHL draft. Although Potts is regarded as a relatively high-rated prospect, he is opting to stay in Lethbridge with his billet family to watch and see how the draft plays out.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Requirements: WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on the game where the item will be given out. or GRAPHIC: Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Luca Del Vecchio's trapper is being given away after every single one of our playoff games, given to the fan who makes the most noise during the game. Every single fan at the Kelowna home games will be given a noise-o-meter which will track their noise and be displayed on the Big TV in between whistles. The noise, measured in decibels, will help the home team beat the terrible terrible opponents they must face and ultimately reach the four star cup final! CAN YOU DO IT KNIGHTS FANS?! Well, come on down and show us just how truly, outrageously loud you can be squires!

Khabib Nurmagomedov from the Detroit Falcons is my MVP this year. While he wasn't a center, and didn't lead the league in points, he lead in goals by a fairly large margin (5) with 31 tallies. He managed to snag this many goals averaging under 18 minutes a game, which frankly is incredible, posting a 1.27 points per 20. He, while obviously an incredible goal scorer, managed to add 26 assists showing an all around game and only being a -1 on a team chocked full of negative players. 8 of his markers, were game winners and 1 game tying goal, showing a penchant for coming through in the clutch and giving his squad a much needed goal when it mattered. He was the first star of the game a whopping 8 times as well, a league leading statistic showing how truly impressive he was on a day in and out basis, especially to his team.

Task #3 - Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements: 150 words for the written, team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline for the graphic.

The Anchorage Armada and the Kelowna Knights had a very strange way to prepare before their games, each separately odd but individual and worked for them. The Armada, true to their name, went down to the male strip club "The Stripping Sailor" and partook in enjoying some shirtless, pantless and otherwise, vary degrees of nakedness, individuals. They'd throw singles at them like they were points that would carry over into the series itself and given that they won the title, maybe it did. Kelowna however would go to Barry's Butcher Shop and eat an exotic animal before every game. They tried things from water buffalo, ostrich, giraffe all the way to sea lion and human flesh. Barry's isn't exactly a legal establishment, so don't tell anybody I told you. Following this, they'd head down to the docks, jump in for a quick swim in their pre-game attires (suits because we're classy) and head to the rink fully clothed, but soaking wet, ready to kick ass.

Task #4 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.
Requirements: 150 words.

Lethbridge Lions vs the Kelowna Knights, game 3, the emergence of a rookie. Lethbridge opens the scoring 2:12 into the game on a slick goal by Jack Wilson, assisted by Connor Tanner and Luca Vecceli, with Wilson returning the favour assisting the next goal for Tanner and another assist for Luca at 4:33 into the game. But the big story would start in the second period. 4:24 into the tilt, Theo Golury would post his first goal of the playoffs, assisted by Andrey Barbashev II and Luciano Vessot. Kelowna would tie it up 2-2 on a marker by Gylfi Eriksson assisted by Alex Ranch and Danila Zhernov at 5:44 into the second period. Golury, seeing a chance to go ahead would rocket home a one timer from Josef Novotny and Andrey Barbashev II to up Kelowna up 3-2. However two markers from Lethbridge would pull them ahead 4-3 by the end of the second frame Lethbridge Lions, Rintarou Okabe and Cody delivering the goals. Golury, knowing his team needed a marker, would pot a goal with just under 5 minutes left in the third to tie the game at 4 a piece, his first career hat trick for the young rookie and doubtlessly, the best game of his career. Despite the Herculean effort, Cody would score in overtime to win the game for the Lethbridge Lions. Golury however ended with a hat trick on 3 shots, 2 hits and 1/1 on faceoffs, hopefully a precursor of what's to come next year for the playoffs league leader in points for a rookie.

Never one to sit too idle, Golury took a month to spend with friends and family, enjoying their company and the fruits of his labour from the work he put in this season. An impressive rookie campaign and a first round grade predicted for him in the upcoming draft had him quite pleased with himself. However, after that month finished it was immediately back to the gym, working out and trying to improve upon a good rookie campaign to hopefully lead into a great sophomore season, with him gunning for the league MVP title. Being so close to winning a four star cup has left him hungry for a championship, and he's setting out to get it.

Task #1
[Image: 5YrfxKs.jpg]

Task #2 (208 words)
The Anchorage Armada came in second in the league in the regular season, and then fought their way to winning the 4 Star Cup, on the back of two extremely strong performances, one offensively from right wing Daniel Bischoff and one defensively from goalie Ian Venables. It's easy to name Bischoff as one of the season's MVPs with his 61 point season (25 goals and 36 assists), especially noting that he only took 5 PIM during that same time period. He went on to continue his dominance in the playoffs, staying over a point per game with 23 points (12 goals, 11 assists) as he helped lead his team to the cup. But as an appreciator of more than goals, I do want to make sure that credit is also given to the extremely solid performance of Venables as he lead the league in both the regular and post seasons as well, with a .903 save % in the regular season and .902 in the playoffs, and 2.59 and 2.38 goals against respectively. The fact that both of these performances remained so consistent across the regular and post seasons means that, in my opinion, this is a season where the team and the league should consider two seperate MVPs.

Task #3 (214 words)
Team points leaders: offensive dynamo wins over balanced defense
If you look to the leaderboards of this season's SMJHL playoffs, two names stand out - Daniel Bischoff, who dominated in both the regular and postseasons for Anchorage, and Kelowna defenseman Luciano Vessot, who put up a steady stream of assists to lead the playoffs in points while still playing at the top of his game to keep the pucks as far away from his goalie as possible and give the Knights the chance to get all the way to game seven of the finals before dropping to the Armada. Bischoff's 23 points in 20 games was more active than Vessot's, with Bischoff scoring 12 goals in that time to Vessot's 2. But Vessot showed up off the scoresheet as well, putting up a league-leading 30 shots blocked to top the leaderboard in the playoffs. Both of these players were key in keeping their teams in the running, but Bischoff was aided by a better goalie on the back end - Vessot's shot blocking was made even more valuable when noted alongside the fact that his goalie's save percentage throughout the post-season was only .888%, low compared to many of the postseason goalies. If the Knights had won, Vessot would be the post-season MVP with little question.

Task #4 (216 words)
Game six of the finals, when the Kelowna Knights let the Anchorage Armada tie up the series with a decisive shutout, seems like the clear point at which the Armada emerged as the front runners to win the cup. But the Knights did show up with more fight in game seven, leading to a much more exciting end to the series. The three stars of the game tell a lot about how close things were in the end, with two of the three coming from the losing side. Mitchell van der Heijden is the reason that the Armada won the game, and his first star nomination is definitely well deserved: with two goals and an assist, plus decisive control in the faceoff circle (16/25 won), he made sure his team had just enough to edge out the Knights. But both second star Oscar Cordero and third star Nicklaus Engel did their best to keep the score close, each scoring in the second half of the third period to give their team hope that they could still come back and win the game. Each also contributed an assist to the effort. Any game where the stars come from both sides, especially with two of the three on the losing side, is an exciting game to watch.

Task #5 (205 words)
Olli Saarinen is home in Finland, sad about an earlier than expected playoff exit but also starting to get excited about the upcoming SHL draft and his next season with the Halifax Raiders. Olli knows that this season he's going to be stepping into the starter role for the team, and so his instincts of wanting to let himself relax and wallow a bit after the loss and indulge in his parents' cooking are warring with his drive to make sure he trains his hardest this offseason and goes into season 52 ready to prove himself ready to take on the harder workload. To that end, he's spending a lot of time out on the ice already alongside his father, Olli Saarinen, sr. The elder Saarinen never played in this SHL, but he loves to pass along the lessons he learned during his time in the GOMHL (where he won cups with the Kodiak and the Owls). Olli (jr) is approaching the draft feeling tired from working out, full from eating too much, and slowly more relaxed about both the loss this season and the prospect of added responsibility next. Now he just needs to figure out the perfect suit to wear to the draft...

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 02:22 PM by JSS331.)

I'm not 100% sure if I qualify for this. I was not drafted last season, I signed with Detroit after the draft but I believe before the trade deadline.

#1 - Our give away would have to be the famous Falcon that crests our jerseys.  This would be a plush toy in red that would have a voice box inside to yell the 'SKREE' chant that so many of our fans enjoy.  I have seen many arenas that give away bands that they program to light up in time with music or whatever.  These would have eyes that would light up red and skree at the same time in between action to make sure the team was pumped up.  Not only that but they could take them home and any game they brought them to, they could participate in the skree cheers and help the team.
115 words

Khabib Nurmagomedov would easily be my choice for Most Valuable Player. He played on a bad Detroit team and still managed to lead the league in goals with 31. Without his production, our season would have ended up much worse but he was the spark plug in many of our wins. He was also generous while racking up over 25 assists. Playing just under a third of Detroit's minutes, he was relied upon to play against the other team's top defensive and offensive pairings night in and night out. Despite all of that, he managed to put up tremendous numbers that will most assuredly see him moving up to the SHL this next season. What may be most impressive is his plus minus rating. While a negative 1 may not seem great on the surface, the fact that Detroit as a team was minus 22 in the goal differential makes this very impressive.

153 words

#5  I have spent the offseason training and took a quick trip back to Ireland to see the family.  The physical nature of our game lends itself to some bumps and bruises along the way so before I got into training, I let the body heal.  After I returned from Ireland, it was straight to the weight room for some strength training and plyometrics.  I want to be faster and stronger this year on the puck and up my goal totals so the sweat I put in now, will only help me in that regard.  So far I have been contacted by a number of teams who are looking at me to draft to their SHL team but I expect to spend another season with Detroit to get my training in.

130 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Task #2

I propose, for both Anchorage's regular season MVP and playoff MVP, Daniel Bischoff.

From 61 in 50, to 23 in 20.

5 game-winners in the regular season, and 4 in the playoffs.

Top 5 in most offensive categories in the regular season, and leader in goal-scoring in the playoffs.

Best center in the league in both competitions seals the deal on Bischoff's MVP bid.

While league-leading over a large sample size, it was notably Mitchell van der Heijden stepping up in the key game seven victories against the Knights and Outlaws during the playoffs, so there's certainly more discussion to be had, but Bischoff's case is compelling from a raw numbers perspective.

van der Heijden's 47 in 50 is a far cry from Bischoff, but Mitchell stepped up in the playoffs to better match Bischoff's pace at 21 in 20.

To sumarrize (and get over the word count :eyesSmile Bsichoff seems like a very strong choice from the Armada for regular season MVP, but the lines blurry in the post-season, with van der Heijden's numbers being similar enough that key big-game performances may tip the balance, or may redirect the search for MVP to the Knights.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]