Create Account

S51 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 01:03 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role? +3

I’m not sure this is so pretend as it was discussed a few times this season that Mike Izzy would shift to the forward position after 10 seasons as the Dragons 1st line Center. With 1650 tpe in the arsenal Izzy could play 1C for a while longer but on this talented Dragons squad there are multiple options to move to that slot. Our 1st possibility would be the talented young Nicky Pedersen jr who’s waited patiently in the wings, but now after a 43 point 185 hit season #ManPeds can no longer play a peripheral role.. An offense should now be focused around the 2nd generation star and I suspect that in s52 will see that happen in Calgary. Another option at 1C is Barry Batsbak, a 1st generation true Center who has climbed his way up through the system and is now on the precipice of stardom. Calgary may decide to give Barry another season or 2 of seasoning before truly handing the keys over to the emerging talent. Either way this will mark the end of a generation of play as the top line Center for Izzy who will move back to left wing, his true position coming out of Kelowna. Moving into his 18th season, Izzy can now focus on just scoring and just hitting which should extend his career a bit longer. — 280 words

Code:
Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Kind of hard to stand out on a defensive unit that boasts Tor Tuck, Brady Macintyre and Jordon Von Matt... but that time is coming for young stud Karlstrabe Scholz. The son of an Edmonton great, Karlstrabe has begun to make a name for himself this season boasting 37 points with 65 blocks and a most impressive 15 power play points! Pretty strong numbers for a player out of the s46 draft class. With 5 more seasons u TIL regression the sky is the limit for Scholz who should quickly e,edge as the best player on a great defensive unit. - 104 words

Code:
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Even though father time is undefeated and Mike Izzy will lose another large chunk of his player build due to an extended regression, the Augment is planning on a rigerous offseason on and off the ice to come into into S52 with a renewed hunger as he moves to the wing position and a chip on his shoulder from a season which he felt he under performed in.. Last seasons challenge cup win and playoff MVP run extended Izzy's season by 30 games.. an amount that brought him into the following season mentally tired and a bit weak in the legs which had allot to do with his 37 point 221 hit season... numbers which were nothing to bark about but which Izzy believed was under what hes still capable of contributing. less then 500 hits away from becoming the SHL's all time hits leader and on a team that is built to win.. Mike Izzy still has allot to play for and even in a condensed role Izzy should be a difficult match up for any opposing player that lines up against him.. -- 175 words

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

What does Edmonton and Hamilton both have in common? .. they have both lost to Calgary many many times... and with that they sow a common bond of heartache against the one known as Mike izzy,Captain of the Calgary Dragons. Therefore in the spirit of giving both teams have agreed to host a fundraising event where the proceeds go directly to the #Throat-Izzy foundation for Kids with shitty tracheas.

This noble cause began back in S36 when the young Kelowna Knights forward visited a childrens hospital in his home town of Whitby Ontario.. Izzy handed out autographed icy hot ointment packets and #delicious rock candy to them voiceless tykes.. and while many of them could not use or enjoy any of the products he brought.. it meant something to izzy to give back to those that dont have good throats.. shortly after signing a lucritive 10 year contract with the Dragons, Izzy opened up a childrens ward just blocks away from his #izzydog stand which began a long run of charitable causes. From the reports, 610 thousand was donated from this joint venture between both teams!

[Image: rTYJRLV.png]

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

I think the oppertunity was there to boast the most exciting Challenge cup of all time if the Calgary Dragons and Buffalo Stampede would have matched up in the finals.. a scenario that isnt to far fetched. Both teams can make the case of being there conferances best team.. not just this season but for a while now. Buffalo boasts 2 challenge cups in the 40's.. so does Calgary. Theres been a verbal rivalry between the 2 franchises as we know but it would have been a spectacle to watch these 2 play on the ice.. watching coaches WBF and Toman match wits with Esa and Cookies! a HOF like Avakael taking on a HOF in Slappy... A Viktor Marius going toe to toe with Mike Izzy and the many many great young talent of both teams lining up in front of the world stage.  In an alternate reality S51 would have brought this site to its knees.. in a good way!.. with a finals matchup everyone would have payed to see!

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.

The Championship Week Point task
Capped and Uncapped like malt liquor bottle,
#delicious when smothered upon update

Code:
Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"

PM Sent.

Mike Izzy = 16 TPE

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 02:05 AM by Toivo.)

1. Despite just losing to Edmonton, Elijah Jones is headed to Edmonton for Game 1, baby! The excitement of the Challenge Cup Final is always unreal for Game 1 when both sides are hyped and full of electricity. I expect Game 1 in Edmonton to be a great time. If Edmonton manages to win, the city should be full on party mode. Those fans are rabid, I would know, I just played a couple games there. The building is loud and the Blizzard are competitive. Going to have some drinks, have some recreational treats, put on my shades and some chill music and just have a good time at the barn. I’m looking to run up the league’s tab as I found an SHL corporate credit card and I’m not keeping track of any receipts while I’m at Game 1. This is about Elijah Jones having a good time, the league can take a back seat on this one.

2. In an alternate reality, one that makes me much happier, the Panthers managed to beat the Edmonton Blizzard. Elijah Jones put up a few hat tricks in game 5 and turned the tide of the series into Los Angeles’ favor. The Panthers are now the winners of the West and ready to take on the team that survived the beasts of the east. The winner of the east, Tampa Bay. In the final season of their management tandem, Tampa Bay returns to the finals to take on the Panthers. The two trade brutal blows in Game 1 and 2. Jones scores two hat tricks in Game 1. Flacko puts Game 2 away for the Barracuda. The season is very even as Panthers pick up Game 3 and Tampa takes Game 4. To no surprise, Panthers win Game 5 and Tampa wins Game 6. The two are now set for Game 7 of the Challenge Cup Final. Elijah Jones puts the game away with 4 hat tricks (i.e. 12 goals). What a series.

4. Knox Booth is having amazing performances. He’s putting the team on his back and the pressure is heavy. It’s so heavy that Booth goes down and the weight of the team tore his groin. Coach tells Elijah Jones he’s going in net as emergency replacement. Elijah Jones agrees and says a prayer. He gets suited up and starts stretching. Booth is wheeled off the ice but tells the medic trainers to stop as he’s passing Jones. He reaches out and places his hand on Jones shoulder and tells Jones, “mennään pojat.” Now, Jones isn’t accustomed to playing goalie, but he’s willing to do whatever Coach asks. His player build is heavily offensive forward in nature. He’s got high defensive capabilities, though. Jones will need to rely on this and puck handling to block some shots and keep the Panthers in the game. Knox Booth has been such a great teammate that Panthers have noticed the little things he does when goaltending, and Jones can try to emulate that to the best of his ability.

5. Elijah Jones is finally an unrestricted free agent. It’s time for Elijah Jones to cash in on his performances and be compensated like a top young player in the Simulation Hockey League. Elijah Jones doesn’t have the point totals to command a top dollar figure, but he’s improving at a constant rate and will one day be a force to reckon with in the SHL. Teams may want to invest now in locking Jones up. A top dollar amount might be what it takes. What’s the sense in paying top dollar to an old vet that won’t use that money to improve themselves in the future. The old vets are struggling to maintain their current abilities. Jones is on the upswing, trending upwards. Another big factor in where Jones ends up is the locker room culture. There’s some locker rooms that put out an elitist vibe that does not entice Jones in anyway way. Tldr, Elijah jones intends to ink his first UFA contract this off-season.

8. For the Panthers, everyday I train.
Making Elijah Jones better in order to compepte,
Driving me to run even in the rain,
Always focused on the cup it's what I seek.

We are pretty cool and laid back
Panthers are more chill, attractive and pretty gnarly
Some complain, and we get some flak
But we're not going to apologize and say we're sorry

Why are we a good fit? There are many reasons
Welcome to the jungle where there's all the honey,
The ups are upper than the lows, but it all changes with the seasons,
The compensation helps too, we all love money.

Panthers, we will continue to grow,
In the near future, the challenge cup is ours fo-sho.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 02:26 AM by jcfbey01.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)

Another championship point task, another time for Kristaps Ball, defenseman out of Tampa Bay, to get in some big deep shit. Kristaps Ball decided to go to the games in Edmonton, because he hates Hamilton for bringing on the new sim engine problems. In Edmonton, he begins the seasonal tradition: get as drunk as possible. Kristaps Ball has problems, on the ice and off, and being an alcoholic is one of them. To help use more and more money, Kristaps Ball decides to buy hundreds upon hundreds of tickets for the 50/50 raffle during the game. If Kristaps wins, he intends to keep all the money, because he needs it badly for training. Kristaps continues to just try to run up the tab by simply drawing out money from an ATM, just to burn it. Kristaps finally gets bored of doing that, and goes back to his usual, drinking more and more drinks on SD's tab. One of these times they are going to stop inviting Kristaps, with how much money he wastes on drinks... He has a real problem.

Code:
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S51 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Over in this other reality, I'm going to start off simple. Hamilton gets swept first round, as punishment for bringing the talks of a new sim engine up and finding a game changing and cheap exploit. Besides Hamilton getting swept, another drastic change is Tampa Bay Barracuda going to the cup final again against Calgary, for the rematch. Kristaps Ball and Flacko Lagerfield are having revenge playoffs in this other reality, both having insane playoff runs that could end up with either of them winning the playoff MVP. Besides just Tampa, it's been a great playoffs for neutral fans. Lots of series going to 7 games with a good amount of over time periods as well. The intensity is off the hook and fans are stoked for the finals rematch, looking for another thriller of a series like the one last season was. Calgary, being dragged by the immortal Mike Izzy, wants to repeat the result of last seasons final, the Cuda have other plans.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?

As more and more Tampa Bay Barracuda players to down with horrific injuries, the coach turns to the surprisingly healthy Kristaps Ball, the teams number 1 defenseman, and asks him to play forward. Kristaps Ball is super excited for this opportunity, as he started his career off as a winner with the Vancouver Whalers and even with the New England Wolfpack, so he is used to the position. However, he used to be a scoring winger, while now he has focused mainly on passing since switching to defense. His passing will help him actually, as the Tampa Bay Barracuda are loaded with great scoring talent and Kristaps' skill at passing will help lead to many great chances at goals. Kristaps is also a fast skater and, obviously, great on defense, two things that are huge for a forward, as he can keep up with anyone and also stop anyone defensively. Ball will be a great two way forward as he plays until the other forwards heal.

Code:
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Kristaps Ball has a loaded off-season. He will be without a contract, but does want to stay with the Tampa Bay Barracuda and finish his career there. But if they don't want him, he will look into free agency and test the waters, but prefers to stay in Tampa Bay. Besides the contract dispute, Kristaps will head back to his home Latvia to see his family and do training there, like he usually does every off-season. With regression hitting Ball in the balls, he needs to stay ahead of the game and get as much training to stay as Tampa's number 1 defenseman and as one of the best in the league. But with age comes the desire to spend more time with relaxing and spending time with family, so Kristaps will have to find the perfect blend between family and training this off-season to satisfy all needs and desires. Kristaps wants to do everything to get Tampa a cup.

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
Write a haiku about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable structure or Godzilla will stomp on your house/apartment while you sleep.

I like Tampa Bay,
Kristaps Ball is really cool,
Chomp chomp water dog.

Code:
15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?
B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?

A. I always love hot goaltenders, so I think Geezus Kryyst will have a better series. Although Tommy Tuck is an outstanding goalie, sometimes when a goalie gets hot in the playoffs, they just stand on their head and there is nothing you can do to score against them. I think both goalies will play great, just that Kryyst will be better than Tuck.

B. In the playoffs, refs tend to stop blowing there whistle as much as they do in the regular season, so I say to keep hitting. A physical game has gotten the team to the final thus far, why stop? And with a few changes, the penalty kill can be easily fixed and playing a physical game will work out in the end.

C. My money is on Tony Pepperoni having a great series and being the X-Factor that brings the cup bank to the city of Edmonton. He had an amazing regular season and will be huge for the Blizzard in getting pucks past Kryyst, something that has been hard this playoffs, but out of everyone, Pepperoni has the meat to do it for Edmonton.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 10:32 PM by MCP_.)

The town hall event ended up being a huge success, and because of it, the league has a better idea of what to do going forward. The first thing many people suggested was to expand, the obvious choice. While the league is very conservative in that regard, they listened to the multitude of suggestions for expansion and relocation locations. While the usual suspects of Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Nashville were mentioned, many joke answers such as "Pyongyang, so you can move those fucks in Hamilton there!" were common. Next, the suggestion of an all-star game was suggested. While the league is interested in an all-star game, everyone in the conference room thought that they were a "bunch of lazy bums" to the point they don't want to implement it.

Afterwards, it was suggested that they should partner with rival league VHL, but it was immediately laughed out the room by the board and the audience in the room.

In Wisconsin, a team had a big chance
By season two, a dark future forbode
In Vancouver, they had made the big dance
By season six, again they hit the road

In Las Vegas, they rolled the dice of chance.
Season fifteen, their luck thousand to one
In Seattle, the team stood in a trance
By forty six, their riot fell; all done

Tampa is their last stop, for now that is
Give ten seasons, will a cup be in this?

I'm a GM now
I will win the cup for once
Chomp chomp water dog

A. Geezus Kryst has the obvious advantage: he's not the goalie that's facing an unfair amount of shots. We can talk all day about how Tuck has been the much better goalie, through his save percentage and all that stuff, but Kryst gets the ticket due to the fact he's on the right side of the week.

B. They should back off, but hell if it makes a difference. The Blizzard are going to get hosed on offense regardless due to literally everything that's happened this season. Hamilton found their secret weapon (AKA performance-enhancing drugs), and they're gonna use it, damn it. Long story short: they can try, but it's not gonna work at all.

C. Tuck will come up big this series (well, as big as he can be). Dude is a god damn workhorse, and he's gonna be a huge weapon for the Blizzard. Keep in mind this is my X factor for keeping my sanity: the real X factor will be the PEDs that Hamilton has been utilizing throughout the season.

D. Skao Anazibf from Hamilton and Hercules Rockefeller from Edmonton. To me, they're just cool names: Skao sounds like SKOL, and the Vikings are my second favorite NFL team, so that does it for me. Hercules is a very strong name, so it makes sense the player is just the same.

E. A. Sure, hugs are nice and getting tucked in is neat, but you can't beat eating a pizza with a hockey player. Then there's the fact I'm a fatass, so squats would probably wreck my thigh muscles for a few weeks. As for Mr. Wilson... I doubt he could find me anything worthwhile in FHM.

18. PM Sent.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 08:34 PM by mstuk41.)

Code:
Thanks Eggy, I appreciate the kindness this offseason, I did not get to partake last year because I was busy winning the cup, as were you! Congrats! This season I would want to go to Edmonton for Game 1, because Fuck Hamilton. I have nothing but respect for our Rival Edmonton, they beat us fair and square, coming back from a 3 games to 1 deficit, and after they beat the Panthers, I was hoping that they would be able to keep the cup in the West. I have hated Hamilton since they beat my original player back in season 24, by winning all 4 games in overtime, but being thoroughly outplayed the entire series. So then they go on and try to manipulate the Sim, causing a delay in the start of the season, which hurts the league, since there is nothing going on, then they reach the finals using a smaller scale sim manipulator, Congrats you still won. Fuck Hamilton over and over again.

Code:
When I re-created my player, I wanted to be a two way winger, focusing on checking and goal scoring, which was the opposite of my playing making, pass first center of my first build. Now that I am nearing regression, and have played most of the time on the 2nd line wing, it's time for Pedersen Jr. to move into the most important role on the team, first line center. Now that Izzy can no longer handle the position, it is my turn to step up and do what I can to help carry on the long standing tradition of All Star First Line center Performances out of the Calgary Dragons. From Nicholas Pedersen Sr. to Randy Randleman, to Joe K, and then to Mike Izzy, this team has been blessed to have such an amazing run of centers over the past 25 seasons. No other team can say that since Season 25, they have had only 4 players handling the important role of leading the team. It's also one of the biggest reasons that this team has won 6 cups in that time frame.

Code:
I am looking forward to transitioning into Calgary's first line center this coming off season. With Mike Izzy well into regression, it's now time that Nicky Pedersen Jr. takes over the reigns for #oldballsIzzy and lead the team in the near future. Although I did not see Pedersen Jr following in his fathers footsteps as a center, he is a team first player like his dad, and will do anything asked to better the team. So when Esa asked me to get ready to take over for Izzy this offseason, I said no problem, what do you want me to focus on? Since my weakness is strength, much like Moose Finbar in Jumanji, cake also, I'm going to be hitting the gym hard so I can compete better in the faceoff dot, and in front of the net. Once I get my strength up, I can continue working on my checking, trying to get it to 90 before I hit regression next season.

Code:
15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name) Tony Pepperoni, I think I played in the minors with him, and have good thoughts about winning a Challenge Cup back in our Junior days. Who also doesnt like Pepperoni, I know as a fat guy that I sure as heck do! It really wasn't even close, unless somebody had a name like Chicken Parm Sub, but since thats not there, Tony Pepperoni it is.

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?
Eat a Pepperoni Pizza with Tony Pepperoni, I mean, it's Pizza for one. He's a good dude, and I hear he may get Pepperoni Pizza's for free since he is named after them. I am not 100% on that fact, but I did hear it from somebody. And Fuck Hamilton.

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I will not congratulate the cheaters from Hamilton for manipulating the sim engine. Instead, I will congratulate every other team in the league for not being blinded by the due anything that it takes to win a championship attitude, and go about trying to win the cup the right way, thru active members continuing to grow as a team, and coming together at the right time of year, where things go the right way and the team rallies around a hot goalie to win the cup. The MVP will be the head office in making sure this thing never happens again. Congrats Hamilton on ruining an enjoyable league.

Code:
18. PM Sent

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 11:44 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Pretend that your team has hit an injury bug - the roster is so depleted that your coach is asking you to play out of position. What position is your coach asking you to play and what about your player build will help you be successful in this new role?

I'm not sure what position my coach would ask me to play, but I would do my damn best to make sure that he will let me play Defense. First of all, it's a position that I have actually played for a while early on in my career. I know that's hard to believe given that I am now a very offensive-minded, shoot-first forward, but it's true, I played it for a while when I started out as a kid, and I also like to play it in practice when we are short on blueliners, but usually the coach chases me from it as soon as he notices because he wants me to focus on my actual job, not play around in a spot that I will never be in in an actual game. Well playing it in an actual game at the SHL-level would be a nice opportunity and challenge, as I always find it fun to have the game in front of me and play passes like a quarterback, while also being the one who dishes it out in the board battles for one instead of also being on the receiving end when trying to hold on to the puck in the offensive zone.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

My player is actually already super eager to start the new season so he won't be too excited by the though of a long season, but he has been in this situation before and usually, after a few weeks, he starts appreciating the opportunity to get some rest and reinvigorate his excitement for the game. He just needs to be forced away from it for a while because he wouldn't take a day off on his own. This year Philipp is planning to go on a couple of vacations, spend some time poolside or at the beach but also go hiking or just drive around a bit, looking for spectacular places and landscapes while learning about the history of the place he is visiting. After that, he is planning to visit some friends in Canada and spend a long weekend at their lake house, doing nothing but hanging out, drinking and chilling and playing video games. And lastly, he is planning to visit the German side of his family again, so he will likely take another trip to Europe.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The SHL, trying to re-extend popularity among a fan base whose numbers have diminished this quarter, is hosting a town hall think tank right before the finals. It is a well-attended event, and many come forward with ideas to reinvigorate the league. What are some ways the SHL can re-ignite that flame with fans and soar to new heights of popularity? (don't you dare write about sim engines here, pretend this is a real life hockey league and answer it that way lol)

One of the first and most important steps in reinvigorating the league and fixing some of its mistakes is to be honest to yourself. And one hard truth is that both the league itself and its fans go through their own personal life cycles, which is something that you can't and shouldn't try to control. People grow older, their hobbies change and the sport they started following 40 years ago might be quite as exciting to them anymore after watching thousands an thousands of games. You can't really control that and simply have to let some of them go, not bend over backwards to try and cater to every veteran who has squeezed every last bit of personal entertainment value he could get out of this league already. That doesn't mean that you should abandon your oldest and most loyal fans, just that you need to accept that not all of them will stay on board, no matter what you do. You will lose a certain percentage of them to boredom because they have seen it all but would lose just as many, if not more, if you implemented drastic changes that totally change the face of the league to something very different than what they originally fell in love with. So yeah, don't try to please everyone but do what you actually thinks makes this place better and the league as a whole a better product.

Quote:15. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Tommy Tuck posted a better SV% during the regular season, but Geezus Kryyst has been lights out during the playoffs. Which team has the advantage in goal for this series?
B. Edmonton averages more hits per game than Hamilton, but also more PIMs - and Hamilton has proven pretty deadly on the power play this postseason while the Blizzard's PK has struggled. Be the coach: should Edmonton stick to a physical style of play or back off a bit in this series?
C. Who is your X-factor skater in this series? Who's got the intangibles? Who's gonna step up for their team when it matters most? Why do you think so?
D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)
E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, © have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

A. I would put my trust in our Lord and Saviour Geezus Kryyst who is also the hotter goaltender at the moment and because of my German bias. Tommy Tuck is also a very good goalie, especially with all his experience and his regular season performance shows that the wheels havent started to fall off yet. But at this point Kryyst isn't exactly a green rookie anymore either but a goalie well in his prime who has already proven that he can carry a team, so my money is on him.
B. This is a tough one. Hitting has been a very prominent component of the SHL for basically its entire existence, with many of the leagues superstars and topscorers also being great hitters not necessarily because they are power forward types, but almost by accident or because they ran out of other areas of their game they could improve in. My own player works in somewhat of the same vein though but with the growing influence of advanced stats, more and more people seem to believe that Hits aren't actually helpful ir might even hurt your team and I would probably stick with that newer approach to things and advise them to back off a bit in this series.
C. My x-factor is Karlstraße Scholz, as he is a defenseman who is just entering his prime, who has not stepped into the spotlight much so far but certainly has the skill and intangibles to do so these playoffs. Coming from a prominent player agency he doesn't just have the hockey skill but also the knowledge about what it takes to be successful when it counts the most.
D. I already mentioned a couple of times in the past that I like realistic and non-ridiculous, some might dare say boring, names. So I'm cool with everyone who sounds like he could actually be a real person, your James Truongs, Samuel Michauds or Barrett Blackwoods. My favorite might be Marc Hagan though, as it is short and concise too.
E. a), eat a Pepperoni Pizza with Tony Pepperoni. I mean, nothing against the guy but it's Pepperoni Pizza, so I don't really care who joins me for it as long as I get that delicious Pizza, and I think there is a pretty good chance that he won't end up murdering me so it seems like a risk worth taking. Hell we actually know each other from our junior days so we should get along quite well. But mainly, Pizza. Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6QlnO7iT7E

Code:
VIP Status again babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Eggy has complained to me the past two seasons about having to pay for this so I'm graciously volunteering SDCore to front the costs for this season's splurge! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Edmonton or Games 3 and 4 in Hamilton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up SD's tab?? (This is the same prompt as in the past but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season.)
Oh man, after last time being chosen as a VIP.  Phineas is all ready to do his food tour of Edmonton.  One of Phineas’s idols is on the Edmonton team and he has heard that he will be retiring after this season.  One legend steps down and another steps up.  Phineas is ready to go eat his weight in poutine over the course of the two games and make sure that he eats basically every delicacy that Edmonton has to offer.  Being that all the games were going to be in Canada, Phineas was hesitant to leave the big apple, but he is pushing forward as it will not cost him a dime.  When Phineas is done eating, he has heard something about the great club scene so will probably go and drag some other people in the arena with him.  After that it’s filling his VIP box with all sorts of random shit just to see what SDCore will be willing to do for his VIPs.  Anyone seen a giant Kraken plushy anywhere?

Code:
Code:
Well of course in the alternate reality, the Manhattan Rage made it there on their junior prospect call up’s back.  Playing just under 2 minutes a game, Phineas was able to score all game winning goals in every season powering the Rage to a finals appearance against Edmonton.  Phineas still wants to spend his fledgling first appearance to go up against Teddy Cuddles before the former legend retires and his son takes over the league.  The Rage played really well this season so this alternate reality is probably one that is closest to the truth.  Physicists were actually quite alarmed when Hamilton won the series as all predictions pointed towards the Rage taking over and dominating through to the end.  Yet some kind of universal switch was flipped and saw the Rage plunging to yet another second round defeat.  Reality is ready to be challenged next season so beware SHL.  Rage out.

Code:
Code:
The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?
Well since the two teams are Canadian, they have agreed upon donating to the Mountie Relocation Program for Canadian troopers that Can’t Handle the Cold, or MRPCTCHC for short.  The two teams have come together in this programs dire need still at odds with each other, but in good spirits that they can help something greater than themselves.  The fundraiser is a unique one where both teams will be put in bubbles on the ice and will play a game of polo hockey.  Spectators and fans can put money down to root for their favorite team to win this unique skills contest.  It will not be easy, as many of the hockey players are unskilled in this and should prove to be extra fun.  To this effect, all players are being put into fake sumo suits to both make the gamer a little harder and more entertaining for the fans.  Get ready for some slipping, sliding, tackling, and general hilarity!

Code:
Code:
4.This is an easy one.  I have been trained as a winger since I could practically hold a stick, but when my team needed it this past two season I stepped up to center.  With my small degrees of success there, my coach has now asked me to put more TP into center abilities that I have been working on for two straight seasons.  This would make the transition extremely easy as I just need to practice a bit more on my faceoffs and strength that have already been progressed.  Center is likely to be my 2nd natural position if I had to tank which positions I would be best at.  Defense and I do not jive because I tend to be a flash player with finesse more than a stoic defender who makes the right plays.  If I was forced to play defense, at least I know that I will have the strength to be a good hitter as my career highs in hits this past season proved.

Code:
Code:
5.This is Phineas most exciting offseason since joining the league three seasons ago.  Next season he is finally getting the tap and will be called up to the big leagues after three seasons, 2 cups, and a whole lot of friends made in the juniors.  So this offseason is going to be one of the most rigorous training regimens that Phineas has ever done.  He needs to get himself up to a new speed and attain heights that were not needed for the J’s.  The big leagues are faster and harder so Phineas is going to be training with his new team as well as adding some sandbags to his gear for weight resistance.  On his weekends he plans on kicking back and just enjoying some good ol soaks in a hot tub to try and get his muscles relaxed for the following weeks beating.  This is going to be one hell of an off season.

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE
Code:
Vociferously
Bodies slamming into boards
Pucks slam home, Gold scores

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 04:36 PM by mxman991. Edit Reason: Completion of work )

Last year was a blast being front and center watching the finals. This year however will be more intense, as I am official benchwarmer for Hamilton! Imagine that, a SMJHL player already being able to warm a bench for the SHL players. Ok well I guess they say I am on the team, but considering I have only got 14 seconds of ice time (when Coach Harvester looked away for a second) I don't know that I am really on the team. Anyways, if I get to touch the cup at the end of the series that would be pretty cool. I guess I will be staying in during the nights though and eating healthy just in case they need 14 more seconds of fury in the finals. I doubt that they will though, I am pretty sure they are just having me on the team to inspire me to work harder next season in the SMJHL. Winning the cup wont really mean anything to me until I am the one who worked all season to get us to the cup.

Physicists and smarties around the world met last month to analyze their startling discovery of another universe that simingly mirrored our own. In a stunning discovery of connectivity it was discovered that the universe's were only connected through the SHL. However, while they had the same players and teams, they were inverse. As they poured over the results they found that every game that was won by a team in our universe, was lost by the same team in the other universe. The Chiefs and the North Stars were on the edge of glory in the mirror, while Hamilton and Edmonton were beginning a rebuilding phase under the watchful eye of co-co GM McZ. With a sinking feeling they realized slowly that if everything was inverse on the other side, Hitler and Germany had won WW2 and WW1. This was not the SHL, it was the NSHL. Scared they unanimously voted to sever the connection to the other universe, but the other side unanimously voted to further open the connection. Things escalated to the point we are today, scared and huddling in bunkers. Great going smarties.

It is amazing how much damage a simple car crash can do. When it happens to a bus it can be even more so. Somehow the entirety of the Halifax Raiders are injured except myself. We are forced to play through the rest of the season or we may lose our eligibility to remain in the SMJHL. Fortunately it is easy enough to find someone in Halifax that can play hockey. Finding one that can play well is a whole other matter. Coach Balls, in his wisdom has realized that even though I am one of the top goal scorers in the league  I cannot score enough to keep us in contention. My skills as a goal scorer would be best used... to stop goals. That is how I found myself strapped into the biggest pads I have ever seen in my life. I am Al Kayhall, The Wall. The wall with many holes I found, but a wall non the less. 

Well Al Kayhall just won the Challenge Cup, I think Al will be doing a lot of partying for the first half of the off-season and throwing huge parties, but first he will throw himself a giant parade in the city of Halifax, think like the scene in Aladdin when Prince Ali comes to town for the first time. After getting through my party phase, it would be getting right back to the gym and working hard to earn my spot on the team for next season, I was happy with my effort last year and was rewarded on the ice throughout the playoffs and the regular season so I want to build upon that and create a phenomenal player that can excel on both sides of the ice and just be the best forward I can be. I just signed a giant contract, but it is for only one season. As such I will need to train very hard and produce in the SMJHL this year to prove that I deserve a long term contract.

8. Written, 4 TPE

Hamilton, the unlikely holder of cup
last actor expected on the stage
Into the fray of a league worked up
Frothing and ranting in their rage

But lo' did Hamilton continue
against the storms terrible calamity
steadfast they stood in their retinue
against the league devoid of amity

Out-maneuvered at first in their strategy
They rallied, breathed, and responded calmly
Second in the league was not their apogee
Shooters must shoot, and not wrongly

Finally the shooters found the back of the net
And Hamilton beat the league, well met!

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

Place holder

Code:

This time I would choose to visit Hamilton simply because I'm based in Toronto and I wouldn't have to travel very far to get to Hamilton (assuming I'm actually currently in Toronto and not at home in Finland). Yes, even though they are technically our rivals. I would've already watched games 1 and 2 at home, knowing the result going into game 3. Not really knowing anything about Hamilton, I would do what I always do in a new city - get to know it a little and look around to see what's interesting. I'm sure I can spend some time wandering around and explore everything. I'd probably be too nice to SD because we're friends and if there are no cheap hotels available, I would consider going back home to Toronto for the night and skip the hotel. Instead I would spend more money on good food, probably the best food I can find in the city. And a nice coffee somewhere.
163 words

Code:

In one alternate reality my team (Toronto) would've somehow managed to sneak into the playoffs again, just barely. Last season's rookie sensation @Mika_Kandinsky would've had another amazing season and ended up as our team's top scorer, playing a big role in getting into the playoffs and for some odd reason our defense would've helped me get a GAA below 3 (or maybe even better than that). Obviously things wouldn't go perfectly and our luck would've only helped us to get into the playoffs, but not all the way. We would've lost somewhere along the way, probably to Buffalo who then would've marched on to the finals. We're still rebuilding in Toronto after all and somehow Buffalo would've managed to win the Cup so I would finally get my season predictions correct (likely beating a team like Minnesota in game 7). To make things even more unrealistic: Buffalo's biggest bust @TnlAstatine would've been chosen as playoff MVP.
156 words

Code:

While the idea of this would be quite funny, I don't think this would ever happen. Sure, we do have two goalies and I guess my backup could play in net while I play some other position, but that would be rather ridiculous in my opinion. Just to play along with the idea I think I'd play defense. That comes closest to playing goalie, because you're already part of the defense somehow and since I have absolutely no experience scoring goals... yet (mind you, I have a number of assists), I definitely wouldn't want to be a forward in this league. One problem might be getting used to playing in all the different player equipment and I would seriously question my coach why he would come up with this idea. If it was up to me and the situation was really so bad that we didn't have enough players on the roster, I'd probably ask my backup goalie to play defense so I could play my regular position, because the whole team would benefit much more from that.
178 words

Code:
I've already been in the offseason for quite a while, so this prompt comes quite late. Since we didn't make the playoffs this season, I did what I usually do in seasons where we don't make the playoffs. The first week I don't do much. I fly home to visit my parents, sleep a lot, talk to them, eat good food (that I don't have to cook), enjoy some good coffee and really just do nothing. Then I hang out with some friends from home that I haven't seen in a while. I can't do that immediately after coming home, I need some alone time first. Then I might go on vacation for a bit, depends a lot on how long my offseason is, but if it's really long, then I might expand it a bit. Usually after that it's time to start training again. First slowly, mostly gym stuff and then adding ice sessions as well. I've always been part of team Finland during IIHF season, so that helps me to get ready for the regular season again.
179 words

Code:
9. Written, 1 TPE

Drafted by Lethbridge,
now starter in Toronto.
Waiting for a cup.

Code:
18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

Message sent!

+16 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 04:02 PM by Leppish.)

Code:

As people know by now, either though reddit posts or news reports of his arrests, Geoff Moore has taken bar tours in the past during these events. This season he will be doing something else though, he will be heading to Edmonton and will visit restaurants in the city, the fancy style restaurants where you pay a couple of hundred just for the appetizers. Moore plans to indulge in the finest foods that Edmonton has to offer, along with staying at the most expensive hotel in town. At the hotel Moore plans to hold a massive party for every other SHLer that joined him on the trip to Edmonton, Moore estimates he and his guests will probably be able to cause a few thousands worth in damages alone, not to mention the alcohol and food through room service. Moore also has plans to visit the Royal Alberta Museum, but it's not certain he will have the time for it after his restaurant visits. For the actual game, Moore will be going to town in the VIP seats. Trying every food and ordering as many drinks as he can during the 3+ hour game.

Code:

The Minnesota Chiefs have asked Geoff Moore to play on their top line as a Center, due to injuries & other events happening to the existing forward group. Coach Gibbles immediately calls out the Veteran Defenseman to step in. Moore believes he can do well in this role for the most part, but faceoffs would certainly be a problem. Moore has played forward on the Power Play in the past, but that's a whole other situation. He plans to practice a few extra hours before the game in order to have some idea what to do in the circle. Otherwise Moore would probably be an effective forward, with his elite skating and great shooting abilities, not the most physical player in the world but he can use his size and strenght to battle for the puck. Moore could also cover for penalty killing forwards as he is naturally good at playing in his own zone as well.

Code:

Geoff Moore is feeling the effects of his career a bit this offseason, especially as he tried to play more physical this past season but it didn't work out very well, Moore got a decent amount of hits in but his point production fell off heavily due to increased penalties and he's been sore since the end of the season. So this off-season Moore is looking to keep working on his strenght and endurance training and to continue to work on his overall game. Moore is also going to relax at his snake-free Minnesota ranch as he does every off-season. Hiking around the woods is decent excercise on top of hockey training. This off-season Moore also plans to hold a big party for the rest of the team as he finally finished building his own outdoor stage and dance floor at his ranch. Hoping to unite the team even more as the Chiefs turn a new page and begin their climb back towards being a playoff team.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Julio Tokolosh of the Edmonton Blizzard, this right winger, a man with a cows head, or a cow with a mans head? Is a prime physical specimen and a very talented hockey player, He can make plays, score goals and is great defensively as well. I think in a season or two he could easily contend for some individual awards, as he keeps developing and working on the very few flaws his game has at this time. For all we know he could be next coming of CC2, in Cow head form. He also has great people in Edmonton to mentor his game and bring it to the next level. Keep an eye out for this amoo-zing player.

Code:
Code:
D. Which player name is your favorite from the rosters of these two teams? (not your favorite player, but your favorite name)

E. WOULD YOU RATHER: (a) eat a Pepperoni pizza with Tony Pepperoni (debatably cannibalism), (b) get a nice long hug from Teddy Cuddles, (c) have Tor and Tommy Tuck tuck you into bed at night, (d) do squats with Hugh Jazz, (e) have a tug of war with Tig, or (f) have Aaron Wilson uncover a brand new strategy for your team to use? Why?

D. Tony Pepperoni of course, i love pepperoni and his name rhymes nicely, he's also not just some scrub player he's actually a super talented centerman and the name just tops it off. I bet Edmonton pizza places have many pizzas named after this guy. And i'd be shocked if he doesn't open up his own pizza place once he's finished with hockey!

E. I have to go with Tony Pepperoni eating a pepperoni pizza with me on this one. I a great idea for a multi-level-marketing plan to open up pizza shops carrying his name and no better place to talk over business than a good ol' pizza pie. I would also love to see his face when the waiter brings in a big pizza covered with the bits of his relative pepperonis.

Code:
Code:
18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"

PM Sent.

16/16 TPE

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Task 18, Casual Member Special – 3 TPE, 3 TPE Total – Sent to PT Director.

Task 2 - 3 TPE, 6 TPE Total: In an alternate reality, which we’ll call “what should have happened”, we would’ve seen the SHL’s best team (according to regular AND advanced statistics!), the New Orleans Specters easily dispose of the Los Angeles Panthers like they should have, had it not been for lucky ass Knox Booth having the series of his life. From there, they would’ve gone on to defeat the Edmonton Blizzard in a thrilling 7 game series. From there, New Orleans would’ve gone up against the team everyone hates, the cheating Hamilton Steelhawks. In this scenario though, logic and test sims would matter, which gave New Orleans a 60% win percentage, and that’s without having to use any bullshit sim breaking strategies. We’re just a good team. Because of that, Hamilton would have been disposed of in 5 or 6 games, and the Specters would go on to be the heroes of the SHL, saving everyone from that absolute nonsense that is happening in our reality as we speak. (162)

Task 15 – 5 TPE, 11 TPE Total

Tuck gives Edmonton a distinct advantage in goal, simply because he’s been one of the best goalies in SHL history and a proven winner. This guy has consistently turned it on when it matters most over his career than maybe any goalie in recent memory. With a Challenge Cup on the line, Tuck is the one you’d want between the pipes.(61)

Edmonton might want to consider sticking to a more defensive style of play against the cheating assholes in Hamilton. They’re clearly just going to shoot all of the time, so while some physicality may help them a lot in 5 on 5 situations, it WILL cause them to be on the PK a lot. I think staying out of the box is key though, as Hamilton’s bullshit strategy will allow them to just rip a ton of shots on net, thus the reason they’re “Deadly” on the power play. (89)

The X-factor skater in this series is going to be Hercules Rockefeller. Rock is only shooting a measley 3% in the playoffs and really needs to get his game together. While Tony Pepperoni is still doing everything he can to carry the Blizzard on his back, it’ll be damn near impossible to beat the Cheaterhawks on his own. If Rockefeller can get going in the finals to help, Edmonton will have a much better chance here. (76)

This is easy. My favorite player name in the series is Tony Pepperoni of course. How could it not be? He has that beautiful rhyme scheme on top of being a lovely player. Plus, I love pizza so anybody who can remind me of that makes me happy. I enjoyed his earlier player of Tommy Salami, and Tony Pepperoni is just a great name to continue the salted meats based legacy. (71)

I’d go with Choice B. There’s no reason NOT to want at long hug with Teddy Cuddles. He’s always been a sweetheart on the site, ever since he signed with me in St. Louis back in S34 as a free agent. Trella is an awesome dude and he’s someone I’m thrilled I got to know on the site. It’s sad to see Cuddles retire, so getting in that one last long hug will be the best. (76)

Task 6 – 2 TPE, 13 TPE Total
One player I’d bet money on winning some hardware for the SHL Awards this year is Edmonton Blizzard forward Tony Pepperoni. T-Pep was awesome this season, netting 25 goals and 41 assists to end up finishing the season as the league’s top scorer with 66 points in a very close race that lasted all season. Besides that, he was VERY physical, putting up an astounding 184 hits as well as leading all forwards in the SHL with a +23 plus/minus this season. Edmonton was a top team all season because of his play. Due to his excellent play on both ends of the ice, he deserves to walk away with the Ron Mexico trophy this season. (116)

Task 7 – 3 TPE, 16 TPE Total
It’s not a secret that the SHL’s popularity numbers have been lower than ever this season. Sadly, the strategies of certain teams have made the games less exciting, even with more goals being scored. The product on the ice is just that of guys shooting the puck every single time they touch it, and as a result there’s next to no strategy/creativity to the game. A way to help recapture the magic that hockey and the SHL once held is perhaps to institute some sort of rules to force teams to be more creative. Maybe make it mandatory for players to have to pass the puck before a goal can be scored or something. Allow opposing players to freely slash the teams that play this “loser” style of hockey with no backlash from it. If we can get more creativity back into the game over players shooting like mindless drones, we can get the fan popularity to rise once again! (160)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Code:

I would be going to games 1 and 2 in Edmonton just so I could get this whole thing over with. Why do I want to go to the finals when my team has been eliminated, even if it is as a VIP? Well let's just get this over with. I am going to definitely go out on the town on SDCore's dime though. I will be hitting a lot of bars looking to drink anything and everything. I will also go to a bunch of fancy restaurants and eat a ton of great food. But I will not go to any place that is family style. Why you ask? Because in this SHL finals there is no passing allowed, so how would people get the dishes to each other? I guess they could throw their food against a plate and hope someone at the table picks up a food rebound. When I am actually at the arena for both of these games I will make sure to run up a huge bar tab so I can black out and not have to remember a damn thing about these finals.
190 words

Code:

Even though the teams have joined up to hold this fundraiser, you have to think that this was mainly a Hamilton thing. They are raising funds together to build identical buildings in both cities: Hamilton Steelhawks Center for Players Who Can't Shoot Good and Who Wanna Learn to Never Pass Too. These are places where players can go and unlearn the pesky skill of passing they may have picked up as they rose through the hockey ranks. Luckily, at these centers players will learn that the only good thing to do in hockey is shoot the damn puck. Do not send a breakout pass, hell just shoot from your own goal line bud! It was suggested that the teams would pass a hat around at various functions to raise money, but the passing of the hat just seemed hypocritical with the overall theme. The players will have to go out individually and shoot their shot to try to raise funds. And by the way, the fundraiser went horribly.
168 words

Code:

This is pretty rough, New Orleans has two great goalies but both of them are injured right now. Our coaches have asked me to slide in to play goalie, mostly to keep me off of the forward corps because I have too high of a passing ability. They don't want to see me passing out there at all, so the safest bet is to stick me back in the crease. "But coach, what if I need to pass to one of my players instead of stopping play?" I asked. "Tough shit! Shoot the damn puck on the other net you idiot!" Well the directive is clear, no passing. I think my 99 level defense would lend itself okay to a goalie build, I don't really know maybe it helps me get square to the puck so I can make a save? I do have 99 scoring too, so I would be pretty dope no matter where I played you would think, but alas my passing is too high. I think because of my passing it really doesn't matter what position I play I am going to suck big time.
189 words

Code:

Jimmy Slothface is definitely happy that it is the offseason for him, even if it came earlier than he would like. He really just wants to get away from the game after the trying year he had this past season. Jimmy would love to get his travel on with his significant other Olivier Cloutier, seeing friends and family and not ever really thinking about hockey. This entire offseason is going to be about resetting Jimmy's mindset and hoping he can go into next season with a clear mind. His new contract is kicking in so he won't have to worry about free agency or anything like that, which is nice. Relaxation! Near the end of the offseason old Jimmy would have to focus on hockey again though, he would need to get back in shape and get in some on ice drills so he doesn't completely suck for training camp. He would probably focus on never passing in these drills.
160 words

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)

I would have to say FR Finn-Rhys from Edmonton is my bet to win a regular season individual award in a future season. I know I know, you're thinking "But Sloth, his passing is higher than his shooting, he will never win an award with such a silly skill set!" I did take this into consideration, but FR is such a good guy and a hard worker that I believe that he can overcome this flaw in his build (honestly who passes the puck in hockey??). I could see Finn-Rhy winning any of the awards (that he's eligible for of course), but I think he could be a recipient of the best defensive defenseman multiple times across his career. Just get that shooting up young man!
126 words

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
The SHL, trying to re-extend popularity among a fan base whose numbers have diminished this quarter, is hosting a town hall think tank right before the finals. It is a well-attended event, and many come forward with ideas to reinvigorate the league. What are some ways the SHL can re-ignite that flame with fans and soar to new heights of popularity? (don't you dare write about sim engines here, pretend this is a real life hockey league and answer it that way lol)

First of all, we need to listen to all these angry SHL fans. Their cries have been loud and clear: stop passing the puck for crying out loud. These fans did not come to the hockey rink to watch some scrub players pass the puck back and forth with each other. That is BORING. Instead, the people demand SHOTS. MORE SHOTS. If the league would move towards banning passing, the fans say they would come back in droves with the outpouring of shots and offense that this new change would bring. I have heard it suggested that any player that is caught making a pass in the SHL is permanently banned from the league, and although this does feel a bit harsh it would go a long way to making sure none of the SHL players even THINK about passing the damn puck. It is important our players recognize what has always held true in ice hockey: passing actually makes you worse. Never forget that!
165 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 01:18 PM by Tate.)

1. PBE PT - 3 TPE

When it comes to alternate realities, I have to go with the selfish option, and it has to involve the Los Angeles Panthers beating Edmonton and moving onto the final. Of course in my fantasy the Panthers go all the way and succeed in becoming champions and my hope is that all of this doesn’t just take place in an alternate reality but someday also becomes true in THIS reality. We were so close in terms of being a destructive team in the playoffs and had all the makings to go all the way. The SIM God did not agree however and eliminated us in a sweep but if I were to rewrite history I would absolutely change that outcome. I feel like we deserved a lot better than that, especially a sweep, but it would have been glorious to go all the way and become the champions we are destined to become. So let’s make this alternate reality an actual reality, okay? Thanks.

164 words

When it comes to picking a position other than goaltender, I feel like the most logical choice would be that of a defenseman. My strengths have always been defensive orientated skills so in terms of positioning and or defensive tracking I feel as though I would excel in those areas. In terms of builds I’m going to be focused on a few primaries. First on the list is DF, this is vital for any defenseman and I would argue that it’s also vital for any forwards. The irony about high DF is that it actually increases your offensive output, and in reality it should be renamed as positioning. My other skills that I want to boost are skating, so that I can keep up with the best of them, as well as scoring. We know from the exploit that Hamilton is famous for that passing is practically useless, so it would be best for me to invest my TPE elsewhere.

160 words

The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing?
Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Knox Booth just accepted a new contract with his team, the Los Angeles Panthers. The contract is a three year extension at three million dollars a year. I was happy to sign the extension and quite frankly would have signed any contract that Los Angeles offered me. My plan for the offseason remains the same plan as always, and that’s to continue to build on my strengths. I was able to get Style Control to 99, which I am thrilled about,  and now I’ll continue to focus on Hand Speed and Reaction Time with the same goal of getting them to 99. I’ve been putting some TPE into Rebound Control as well, even though I don’t value it as high. I do plan to put some more TPE into both puck handling and skating, but those can take a back seat for now as I focus on my strengths. So far my build is really working out, and this past playoffs was some of the best hockey I’ve played.

169 words

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)

Which player from Hamilton or Edmonton would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award?

What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

When I think of Edmonton Blizzard players worthy of awards, only one name shines in my mind and that is of Tony Pepperoni. First of all, let it be known that the guy is an absolute stud who has incredibly high puck handling and passing skills. Any man who is willing to be that selfless is a person worth considering for accolades. Next, let’s just acknowledge that he has by far one of the best player names in all of the SHL, and I would be so bold as to say in all of SHL history. With respect to awards given, it has to be playoff MVP and it’s likely that this man will already win this award by the time my championship week is graded.

126 words

6. Graphic OR Written, 2 TPE (100 words min if written)
The SHL is partnering with Doritos and Gatorade to create a unique flavor of chip and beverage for each SHL and SMJHL team. Create a graphic of the chip bag or the Gatorade bottle for any SHL or SMJHL team OR describe the flavor of chip or beverage for any SHL or SMJHL team. Make sure the branding is tight or it has a quirky name to get people to buy it #marketing

When it comes to designing a Dorito flavor for a team, the only team I can go with is the Los Angeles Panthers. Why? Well because they’re my team, and also because they would make the most badass flavor the Dorito world has ever seen. There are many options to go with when it comes to the Panthers and sunny Los Angeles, but my choice would be the flavor of cinnamon sugar doughnuts. This way you get the mix of savory and sweet and also can add the crunch of cinnamon sugar in every bite. Now before you get all weird and tell me that’s gross, think of any time you’ve had mini doughnuts and how God damn good they were, now imagine mini doughnuts and Doritos and you’ve literally found the fountain of youth.

135 words

= 16 TPE

[Image: p82ugau.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 08:48 PM by Narconis.)

4. Written, 3 TPE

As the Goalie, my player build isn’t going to help me play any other position.  In the interest of imagination though, I will ignore that for the most part.  The obvious answer here would be that I play defense.  As the primary puck stopper on the team, I would imagine SOME of those skills would extend to defense.  A goalie stick is much larger than a regular stick, but the position still requires poke checking.  I would think switching to a smaller stick would allow me to poke check without added possibility of tripping.  I also think a goalies’ flexibility would allow for some unique dive blocks, and the goalies natural reaction time would allow for a quicker reaction to shots for said dive blocks.  I think that as a goalie, defensive positioning would be excellent.  A goalie would be able to cut off angles and reduce the available net.
Words: 150

5. Written, 3 TPE

If all goes to plan, my player is looking to be spending a day with the Challenge Cup.  This would be his first cup win, so he would definitely start with a tour of his home town.  Afterwards, he’d fill the cup with rum and fruit juice.  This magical drink would be consumed by Geezus and his friends.  Afterwards, it would be off to the strip club.  Once his day with the cup is over, Kryyst would spend the rest of the summer relaxing.  He’d play a lot of NHL20 and World of Warcraft as well as Pokerstars VR and Beat Saber.  He’d also take a trip down to Florida to meet this chick he’s been talking to.  After Florida would be a trip to Vegas to get a private table at XS for the Chainsmokers show.  Hopefully he’d be recognized and invited backstage to hang out the guys.  That would be pretty sweet.
Words: 154

8. Written, 4 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down in and give you a failing grade.
SONNET: http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnet...style.html

Hark! It’s time for the Finals Challenge Cup
The eternal struggle of West and East
The passing is low, the shooting is up
Savior in net, with reflexes like beast

Two Series in the ‘Hawks lost just one game
The Stampede and Rage not up to the task
Voices were heard, “This is stupid and lame”
“Should they be DQ’ed? Some others would ask

On deaf ears the criticism does fall
There are other things to worry about
Games to be played, who will answer the call?
“4 wins to go,” we hear the GM shout

I have really enjoyed writing this poem
Enjoy the game while you sit at your home

9. Written, 1 TPE
HAIKU: https://poets.org/glossary/haiku

I am Kryyst in net
A goalie of great renown
It’s Kryyst with the save!

10. Written, 2 TPE
The SHL is partnering with Doritos and Gatorade to create a unique flavor of chip and beverage for each SHL and SMJHL team. Create a graphic of the chip bag or the Gatorade bottle for any SHL or SMJHL team OR describe the flavor of chip or beverage for any SHL or SMJHL team. Make sure the branding is tight or it has a quirky name to get people to buy it #marketing

The Hamilton Steelhawks Dorito is a take on a discontinued flavor that was epic and dearly missed.  The magical “Fiery Habanero”.  This was a chip that had quite the bite, but also tasted amazing.  So I would start with that chip.  I would then then mix in cool ranch Doritos at a ratio of about 1/3 Cool Ranch to 2/3 Fiery Habanero. Then, just to jack it up a bit, I would double the chip flavoring powder on both chips.

The Hamilton Gatorade would be pineapple and orange flavored.  I don’t really have a specific reason for it… just because I think those are delicious flavors that pair well with each other.
Words: 112

18. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE

PM'ed

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page