Create Account

S52 and beyond

01-11-2020, 12:19 AMSDCore Wrote: We aren't looking at using full attributes for FHM, if we go that route. Different shooting styles?

Oh, ok :( Hopefully we'll still get a big amount of different attributes to play around with and that a lot of them aren't combined
[/quote]

To comment on this, we arent combining any stats together. There are going to be 24 attributes you can update, there are 8 mental attributes we are defaulting to 15. This for skaters

For goalies it is 13 attributes with a different update scale from forwards.

There will be a additional post tomorrow that will clarify it more

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 01:02 AM by SDCore.)

01-11-2020, 12:42 AMスウェグキング Wrote:
01-11-2020, 12:19 AMSDCore Wrote: Not sure I understand... 50/50 pa/sc?

01-11-2020, 12:24 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Are you talking about players with equal SC/PA not meeting the criteria for having a distinctly pass-first player on a line?

The reasoning is that if a player with equal passing and scoring counts for the “passer”, you could run a line of two scorers and an offensive forward (like Lokitonov) who has 99 scoring and passing. And then you have a line of straight shooters, which is what we are trying to curtail.

Yeah, might not have been clear on that, lol. Idk as i haven't tested anything but from what i've got it's actually better for players to have a gap between passing and shooting in either direction, so i don't see why you would have a passing first player over a player with equal passing/shooting, does it still count as a shoot first if their passing/scoring is equal? Shouldn't a player with equal scoring and passing technically be worse for the team than a pass first player?  Again this is just from what i've heard but i had equal with Skillstedt and scored like 70 points that one season, sooo.
[Image: 403295315685539852.png]

But again, it doesn't concern me because im in the juniors until we hit FHM, it just seemed a little weird to me personally, but as i said, i have done no tests so i don't know the impact it would have for someone to be pass first instead of having the attributes equally distributed on a line with shooters first. Smile

01-11-2020, 12:19 AMSDCore Wrote: We aren't looking at using full attributes for FHM, if we go that route. Different shooting styles?

Oh, ok :( Hopefully we'll still get a big amount of different attributes to play around with and that a lot of them aren't combined

Here Sweg.. Look at my 1210 TPE build I made for my player.

[Image: kennedy.JPG]

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

This is looking good, I'm excited for the future!

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

01-10-2020, 11:36 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: whats facegen? sounds neat
Unlike in STHS, FHM has a small player model to represent your player. If we are operating it like they do in PBE, then you would be able to suggest a player or person to use as a face in the sim.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

01-11-2020, 01:02 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
01-10-2020, 11:36 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: whats facegen? sounds neat
Unlike in STHS, FHM has a small player model to represent your player. If we are operating it like they do in PBE, then you would be able to suggest a player or person to use as a face in the sim.
That’s fine, that’s why we have signatures. Haha

[Image: sfOMki5.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 01:20 AM by SpartanGibbles.)

01-11-2020, 01:04 AMmxman991 Wrote:
01-11-2020, 01:02 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Unlike in STHS, FHM has a small player model to represent your player. If we are operating it like they do in PBE, then you would be able to suggest a player or person to use as a face in the sim.
That’s fine, that’s why we have signatures. Haha
There are signatures in PBE as well. This would be inside the sim itself.

For example if we look at my PBE player page http://www.pbesim.com/players/player_742.html

At the top you can see that my player sports the likeness of one Ravishing Rick Rude.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

01-11-2020, 01:02 AMSDCore Wrote: Here Sweg.. Look at my 1210 TPE build I made for my player.

[Image: kennedy.JPG]

[Image: 402867853906280450.png]

Im guessing all the mental attributes except Aggression and Bravery is set to 15 for everyone?

Looks swell! the 1-20 will take some time getting used to. Biggrin

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I am so so so excited we are getting a new sim engine I know most of y’all don’t have this problem but I feel sths is so one dimensional that it would be impossible for us to retain large amounts of members for long term and I’m speaking long term like 6+ Years. I think this will be great for the league and I think it will reinvigorate interest.

Is FHM the one you get on steam?

Need a sig :-/

A few questions:

-----

Is there a cap on attributes like there is in STHS (with strength and weaknesses)? One thought I had would be perhaps to limit people to 18 unless their archetype unlocked that attribute as a capstone. To find out which stat that would be, just hover over the role in the Role ratings window. For example, the following are given as 'key' skills for their roles, denoted by a green text color:

Playmaking Defenseman: Passing
Rushing Defenseman: Speed
Quarterback: Offensive Read
Point Shooter: Shooting Range
Two-Way Defenseman: Positioning
Mobile Defenseman: Acceleration
Stay-at-Home Defenseman: Positioning
Crease-Clearing Defenseman: Strength
Punishing Defenseman: Hitting
Old-School Defenseman: Positioning

-----

Will player age be something that exists officially now? That is, 17 upon player creation, 18 upon shl draft, and then +1 per year after. Also, I'm assuming birthdays will be a thing?

-----

How are you going to handle languages? English for everyone, plus whatever language is fitting for their birth country?

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

01-11-2020, 02:47 AMcharlieconway Wrote: A few questions:

-----

Is there a cap on attributes like there is in STHS (with strength and weaknesses)? One thought I had would be perhaps to limit people to 18 unless their archetype unlocked that attribute as a capstone. To find out which stat that would be, just hover over the role in the Role ratings window. For example, the following are given as 'key' skills for their roles, denoted by a green text color:

Personally i'd like to see the static archetypes be removed, as it changes in game depending on what you're current build is. Smile

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

スウェグキング Wrote: Oh, ok :( Hopefully we'll still get a big amount of different attributes to play around with and that a lot of them aren't combined

Don't be too disappointed, it's the mental stuff that wouldn't make sense like Ambition or Greed.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Thanks for keeping us posted, this looks great!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 03:38 AM by Tomen.)

01-11-2020, 02:47 AMcharlieconway Wrote: A few questions:

-----

For right now we are working without any caps in the builds(Testing Team). Obviously HO will get to make the final decision but a point that was often brought up in the past was that we lacked build creativity and that archetypes with caps kind of limited that.

01-11-2020, 02:47 AMcharlieconway Wrote: Will player age be something that exists officially now? That is, 17 upon player creation, 18 upon shl draft, and then +1 per year after. Also, I'm assuming birthdays will be a thing?
This will require further testing to see if the game autoretires old players even with the aging slider set to the no aging setting. If the game won't autoretire people or you can bring back autoretired people easily age will be a thing , if the game won't make it as easy we will just have a default age for everyone.

01-11-2020, 02:47 AMcharlieconway Wrote: How are you going to handle languages? English for everyone, plus whatever language is fitting for their birth country?
Sadly due to languages having an impact in the sim for now everyone will be created as a US born player and then get their nationality switched so they don't have a disadvantage in the sim. We asked the devs to make languages editable but they responded negatively.. who knows tho they might still implement it.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 03:38 AM by DrunkenTeddy.)

01-11-2020, 12:58 AMluketd Wrote:
01-11-2020, 12:19 AMSDCore Wrote: Oh, ok :( Hopefully we'll still get a big amount of different attributes to play around with and that a lot of them aren't combined

To comment on this, we arent combining any stats together. There are going to be 24 attributes you can update, there are 8 mental attributes we are defaulting to 15.  This for skaters

For goalies it is  13 attributes with a different update scale from forwards.

There will be a additional post tomorrow that will clarify it more

It's actually 23 attributes you control as a player, there are 7 mental attributes, 2 of which you control (Bravery and Aggression). The rest of the mental attributes are set to 15.
Also goalies will be on the same scale. Yes I know that sounds crazy with goalies having 10 less attributes, but goalies have to put tpe into almost everything to be good, skaters can be more selective based on the role they want to play.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I am really excited for the future of the league and the transition to FHM. It doesn't really matter if it's not happening this or even next season. If it's not ready, it's not ready. But I'm really looking forward to actually trying out different player builds and not be restricted to a select few anymore.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath