Create Account

If we are moving engines next season

Why not do some serious housecleaning?

We should let inactive players die, and downsize the league to have active players only.

Just a thought. I don't know how many players are IA.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Yes

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

wait i dont wanna die

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

01-11-2020, 05:00 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: wait i dont wanna die

Sorry geck, time has come.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Contract Hamilton from the league

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

How is eliminating inactives from the league related to switching sim engines? I don’t get it.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-11-2020, 05:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: How is eliminating inactives from the league related to switching sim engines? I don’t get it.

It’s more like starting the new era with a “clean slate”

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Some teams have valuable inactive that play a significant role. Seems unfair to remove them arbitrarily

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

A lot of teams need IAs to fill roster spots as it is right now. If you want to go Active-Only, the approaches that I see would be:

A) Downsize the league to match the number of Actives.

B) Cut off the IA range. For example, if the range is five seasons, then any IA player from the S49 draft class get deactivated at S53.

C) Deactivate IAs and force active prospects on to SHL rosters.

---

A is a terrible idea. Which teams do you keep/cut in that scenario? How do you foster team loyalty again after a merge like that? I don't think that those answers that come to my mind are good enough.

B probably isn't a bad idea in general, and would likely be maintainable in the same fashion that regression already is handled. This is the way that I would want to see it go.

C is workable, but not favorable. Many players choose to stay in the Juniors because of a Cup window or their friends, or they simply never had interest in the SHL level to begin with. For the team, it may be a matter of development. Forcing those players up based on holes on the SHL roster is kind of a dick move.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 07:12 PM by Tomasnz.)

01-11-2020, 06:25 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: A lot of teams need IAs to fill roster spots as it is right now. If you want to go Active-Only, the approaches that I see would be:

A) Downsize the league to match the number of Actives.

B) Cut off the IA range. For example, if the range is five seasons, then any IA player from the S49 draft class get deactivated at S53.

C) Deactivate IAs and force active prospects on to SHL rosters.

---

A is a terrible idea. Which teams do you keep/cut in that scenario? How do you foster team loyalty again after a merge like that? I don't think that those answers that come to my mind are good enough.

B probably isn't a bad idea in general, and would likely be maintainable in the same fashion that regression already is handled. This is the way that I would want to see it go.

C is workable, but not favorable. Many players choose to stay in the Juniors because of a Cup window or their friends, or they simply never had interest in the SHL level to begin with. For the team, it may be a matter of development. Forcing those players up based on holes on the SHL roster is kind of a dick move.

I agree some varriant on B seems doable.

I would be in favour of 3-5 seasons as the number. Gives someone time to come back to the site ( 6 months?) But also keeps the IA s cycling out of the system and creates a positive vacuum into the league.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

01-11-2020, 05:50 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote:
01-11-2020, 05:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: How is eliminating inactives from the league related to switching sim engines? I don’t get it.

It’s more like starting the new era with a “clean slate”
Clean slate? What is there to clean? Inactives play an integral role in this league, they are necessary.

I don’t know how anyone could possibly believe that this league can have 16 healthy SHL teams and 10, potentially 12 SMJHL teams if we were to completely rid ourselves of inactive players. Especially with the nosedive in activity that followed the notorious Hamilton issue this season.

This is bad.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Inactives are stupid, name one cool inactive

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]