Create Account

A Look Back at Bruchevski's TIme in St. Louis

It seems like it was just yesterday that Jakub Bruchevski was recruited to the SHL by @StamkosFan, a day after joining the league he was contacted by most of the SMJHL teams, but right away two of them stood out, the Vancouver Whalers and the St. Louis Scarecrows. He was all set to sign with the Whalers but something in his gut told him to take a chance on @Nictox and the Scarecrows. He quickly realized he made the right choice as he quickly grew to love the Scarecrow locker room. With 9 games into the S48 season, Bruchevski got his start on the 3rd line for the Scarecrows. The Scarecrows were already stacked with big time players like Nicolaj Muller @esilverm, Mika Kandinsky @Mika_Kandinsky, Barret Blackwood @MrStennett, Lyle Odelein III @Huck24 and talented rookie Noah Brusky @BrewskyBoy. Bruchevski centered a line that featured all rookies with his two rookies going inactive before he arrived on the team. The Crows went on to finish that season on an incredible run as they finished with the best record in the SHJML, teammate Nicolaj Muller breaking the SMJHL scoring record, while Bruchevski finished the season with 6 goals and 9 total points. The playoffs would prove to be one to forget however as the Scarecrows got beaten in 5 games by 8th seed Halifax Raiders, it was even worse for Bruchevski who got kicked out of game 5 halfway through the first period after instigating a fight with a veteran Raiders forward. While the playoffs didn't end the way he wanted, he worked hard the entire season and by the end of it was getting noticed by a few SHL pro teams. There was one team he really wanted to get picked by and that was the New England Wolfpack which became Jakub's favorite after a series of interviews with Wolfpack Co-GM @hotdog. Bruchevski really clicked with @hotdog and on draft night was silently hoping he would land there. His dream became reality has he was picked with New England's 1st pick which was #17 overall, after getting drafted he talked with GM @Ace and Co-GM Hotdog and they told him that he would be spending another 2 or 3 seasons with St. Louis.

When season 49 started Jakub has filled with hope that this would be the year St. Louis would win the Cup, Muller, Kandinsky, Blackwood, Odelein, Brusky all returned and added talented rookies Yamamoto Mitsuharu @TML99, James Ronlain @Rankle, Aron Hernadivic @"jfisherr", and Sasha Dangelcheck @acdangel. Bruchevski moved up the 2nd line with Mitsuharu and Ronlain on his wings. The line proved to have a solid mix of scoring and defense with a combined 28 goals, 37 assists, 65 points, and 158 hits, with Bruchevski contributing 14/17/27/52. Even with Bruchevski's growth and Muller once again leading the league in scoring the Crows finished 8th in the regular season. Not to be disheartened St. Louis won their wildcard match up against Anaheim in a 7 game series. In the second round they were matched up against  2 seed Kelowana Knights, the Scarecrows gave it their all but lost in game 6 in a physical series.

It was put up or shut up time for Bruchevski has S50 started and he was now the number 1 center and was tasked with replacing the production of Scarecrow legends Nicolaj Muller and Mika Kandinsky. With linemates Barrett Blackwood and James Ronlain (and late in the season Aaron Hernadivic) the first line went on to explode with offense, the trio combined for 76 goals, and 70 assists. Blackwood broke the Crows single season point record of 61 set by Muller just 2 seasons ago with 63, and Bruchevski finished the season with 24 goals and 27 assists for a combined point total of 61 points. Rookies Eilabeth Doyle @Evok and Ruslan Zaporozhets @CptSquall , already making big time contributions themselves the Crows were once again excited for the playoffs. The playoffs started with St. Louis getting revenge on Kelowna has they finished them off in 6 games in the Wild card round. However the St. Louis would once again get knocked out in the second this time by Colorado in game 7. Bruchevski ended the playoffs scoring and outstanding 20 points in 13 games. During the offseason Bruchevski won the Scarecrows award for most outstanding player during the playoffs and best 2 way Scarecrow forward. He also won the Brandon Holmes Trophy for best SHJML defensive forward, and won a gold medal in the WJC with Russia were he had 2 assists in the Gold medal game.

Bruchevski wanting one more chance at a Cup so he turned down the chance to play for New England. The upcoming S51 season would be his last in St. Louis, and was made even more special as GMs TML99 and Nictox awarded him the title of Alternate Captain or Ass Captain. Having that title meant more to Bruchevski then he could ever put into words. While Bruchevski didn't repeat his incredible pace from last year he manged to put up 17 goals and 14 assists. Jakub came into the playoffs once again determined to get him the Cup but the chase would end in heart break as once again St. Louis would lose in game 7 to the Kelowna Knights in Round 3. Once again Bruchevski averaged over a point per game in the playoffs but it wasn't enough.

Jakub Bruchevski ends his career with the St. Louis Scarecrows with a regular season total of 191 games played, 60 goals, 68 assists, 128 points, 170 hits, 22 shots blocked and and average face off percentage of 53%. During the playoffs he racked up 43 games played, 14 goals, 33 assists, 47 points, 43 hits, and an average face off percentage of 55%. Jakub hopes its enough to be considered a Scarecrow legend, although he is sorry he was never able to bring a Cup to St. Louis.

First off massive thank yous to @TML99 and @Nictox for letting me be apart of your incredible teams, being in St. Louis was amazing and I enjoyed every second of it. @Nictox thank you for convincing me to sign here, being so welcoming and just being an incredible GM and person, players came and go but you are always there in the locker room to talk to and I always appreciated it. Next thank you to @esilverm and @"jfisherr" for being the 2 best damn captains ever. Thank you to @Mika_Kandinsky for showing me how to be a great offensive Center, @BrewskyBoy, @Huck24, and @MrStennett for making the locker room so awesome when I first joined the team. Thank you to @Evok, @Rankle, @CptSquall, @acdangel, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @"Jakub", @KillaScrilla, and @eddiesnothere for continuing to make the St. Louis locker room such an awesome place. @acdangel we'll be on the same team again soon my friend. To all the past and present Crows thank you for helping to make St. Louis the best damn franchise on this site. If I missed anyone I'm very sorry.

CROW4LIFE
SCARECROW NOISES

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Damn I’m gonna tear up :( STL loses another legend. We’ll miss you buddy <3

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

There goes a wonderful guy.

It's been a privilege to be on the team with you. Fish said it, and it bears repeating, that we'll miss you.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

legend

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

This is going to make me cry. You have been wonderful and such an underrated player for so many seasons. Thank you for coming to us and thank you for being so awesome!
I'm going to miss having you on the team next season. I wish you all the best in New England!

Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

so excited to have you up with the squad next season!!!  Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Another Crows legend going to make his mark in the bigs. Look forward to playing against you, buddy.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Wolfpack

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Scarecrows

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]