Create Account

Free TPE in announcements

Hey as a casual user, it would be really nice to make a linked post in SHL / SMJHL Player Progressions when giving out TPE any special event.

All I'm saying is keep doing the announcement TPE thing, but make a post in the player progression section linking to it to ensure its visible double time

totally fair, i can do this in the future

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

That’s a good suggestion.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Keep being awesome @karey

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Can this be implemented?

Expanding on this....

If not already installed, you could install a plugin like THIS that can automatically make a global notification bar at the top (or limited to certain usergroups, etc) whenever a new special event, free tpe, player progression, etc post is made.  You can set it to be indefinite, or have a specific time limit (48 hours or something after initial post) to let people know.  

Also could be set up for any forum or any category on the forum.

I’ll express my beliefs on this for recruitment TPE particularly:

That is intended for people who participated, which someone who doesn’t check announcements and is super casual probably didn’t. It’s not a giveaway, it’s a reward for helping to grow the league. For ensuring our future, our survival. For other things such as Bell Lets Talk or the Trick or Treat from 2018, this may be applicable.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020, 06:31 PM by karey.)

Would an excited new member immediately understand to check announcements for TPE, considering every other time it has been under player progression?

Is a casual member assumed to not want to contribute to league growth because their ability or drive to access site isn't daily?
Consider my player is deep in regression, I have been on the site for 3 years, I don't need to check every corner daily. However, I do wish to help grow the league and would also appreciate opportunity to garner availavle TPE.

Casual =/= disinterested
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020, 07:01 PM by Thor.)

05-17-2020, 04:25 PMStamkosFan Wrote: I’ll express my beliefs on this for recruitment TPE particularly:

That is intended for people who participated, which someone who doesn’t check announcements and is super casual probably didn’t. It’s not a giveaway, it’s a reward for helping to grow the league. For ensuring our future, our survival. For other things such as Bell Lets Talk or the Trick or Treat from 2018, this may be applicable.
This seems strange... If it's supposed to only be for those people why can anyone claim it? TPE is for the people, make it easy for them to find it and you may even encourage more to participate by getting more involvement, instead of trying to gatekeep the TPE.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

05-17-2020, 07:00 PMfeeler Wrote:
05-17-2020, 04:25 PMStamkosFan Wrote: I’ll express my beliefs on this for recruitment TPE particularly:

This seems strange... If it's supposed to only be for those people why can anyone claim it? TPE is for the people, make it easy for them to find it and you may even encourage more to participate by getting more involvement, instead of trying to gatekeep the TPE.
We aren’t allowed to expressly give TPE for upvoting, we used to and we all got warned by Reddit.

05-17-2020, 07:25 PMStamkosFan Wrote:
05-17-2020, 07:00 PMfeeler Wrote: This seems strange... If it's supposed to only be for those people why can anyone claim it? TPE is for the people, make it easy for them to find it and you may even encourage more to participate by getting more involvement, instead of trying to gatekeep the TPE.
We aren’t allowed to expressly give TPE for upvoting, we used to and we all got warned by Reddit.
So in that case, making the post and getting more people into the thread by crossposting to progression would give a greater opportunity for more participation as the thread is likely to get more visits than only having it in announcements - right? If 10% of the people who view the post actually go ahead and upvote it, you're better off having 500 people view it and get 50 than 100 viewing and getting 10.

I just don't see the downside.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

01-12-2020, 11:05 AMhotdog Wrote: totally fair, i can do this in the future

@karey I said this ^ when you proposed it but I actually don't have perms for the threads in the announcements forum so I can't link it to Player Progression. Someone else (with more perms) probably can

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

05-17-2020, 08:09 PMfeeler Wrote:
05-17-2020, 07:25 PMStamkosFan Wrote: We aren’t allowed to expressly give TPE for upvoting, we used to and we all got warned by Reddit.
So in that case, making the post and getting more people into the thread by crossposting to progression would give a greater opportunity for more participation as the thread is likely to get more visits than only having it in announcements - right? If 10% of the people who view the post actually go ahead and upvote it, you're better off having 500 people view it and get 50 than 100 viewing and getting 10.

I guess I could post the subs in Player progression if @hotdog gives permission. It would warrant further discussion though with the rest of the team.

05-18-2020, 01:02 AMStamkosFan Wrote:
05-17-2020, 08:09 PMfeeler Wrote: So in that case, making the post and getting more people into the thread by crossposting to progression would give a greater opportunity for more participation as the thread is likely to get more visits than only having it in announcements - right? If 10% of the people who view the post actually go ahead and upvote it, you're better off having 500 people view it and get 50 than 100 viewing and getting 10.

I guess I could post the subs in Player progression if @hotdog gives permission. It would warrant further discussion though with the rest of the team.

Then talk.