Create Account

Getting HO a PT Pass

01-12-2020, 09:58 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
01-12-2020, 08:42 PMztevans Wrote: Have to admit I am surprised how many "Hard No's" came out of this.  I ain't mad, I think we all agree HO should be compensated somehow and hopefully that will actually finally happen now even if it just a seasonal salary.  But considering the precedent with both this league (simmer pass) and the NSFL HO pass you mentioned, even if you disagree with the idea it didn't feel that outlandish to me.

It’s not outlandish. There’s nothing wrong with bringing it up. I just think it’s not, ultimately, a good idea.

The pt pass is a slippery slope. Better to not get things sliding in the first place. It’s not a big deal for HO members to do their pt’s like everyone else. We know that outside of crisis times the HO isn’t really all that difficult or time consuming day to day.

Go ahead and pay them something reasonable. But draw the line at allowing others to skip pt’s.

[Image: dd0.png]

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

I would be fine with both this AND paying HO members to be honest. Give them the chance to dedicate as much time as possible to running the league to the best of their abilities, without having to give up on their player in the process.