Create Account

Getting HO a PT Pass

kept saying HO deserves at least some money, will keep saying it until they figure it out

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I think getting paid to do the admin side of the job is sensible. Much like GMs, pay linked to the boring important stuff, and if it isn't done by a member then no pay for them?

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

01-12-2020, 02:06 PMTomasnz Wrote: I think getting paid to do the admin side of the job is sensible. Much like GMs, pay linked to the boring important stuff, and if it isn't done by a member then no pay for them?

Would that kind of task list really work for HO, though? Outside of the offseason procedural stuff, the HO task list seems to be more of a “Surprise! Guess what we get to fix today?!” than “If x, y, or z isn’t getting done, you don’t get paid.” And if they’re not contributing in that regard, they should probably just be removed from HO, no?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I want back-pay

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

The PT pass should be a non-starter. Nobody but the simmer should get that.

Paying them is fine as long as it’s not an unreasonable amount. I’d think maybe three mil. Couldn’t have HO members that rarely contribute or even speak up, as has been the norm for some, if this was enacted.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 05:45 PM by Zoone16.)

@Citizen of Adraa hell no. Get yourself some money instead. For all the reasons above.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

01-12-2020, 05:45 PMZoone16 Wrote: @Citizen of Adraa hell no. Get yourself some money instead. For all the reasons above.

are you poor shaming me? :(

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

01-12-2020, 06:09 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
01-12-2020, 05:45 PMZoone16 Wrote: @Citizen of Adraa hell no. Get yourself some money instead. For all the reasons above.

are you poor shaming me? :(

No. I just realized that I should've tagged @golden_apricot

My bad. But sure. Shame!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

01-12-2020, 02:18 PMztevans Wrote:
01-12-2020, 02:06 PMTomasnz Wrote: I think getting paid to do the admin side of the job is sensible. Much like GMs, pay linked to the boring important stuff, and if it isn't done by a member then no pay for them?

Would that kind of task list really work for HO, though? Outside of the offseason procedural stuff, the HO task list seems to be more of a “Surprise! Guess what we get to fix today?!” than “If x, y, or z isn’t getting done, you don’t get paid.” And if they’re not contributing in that regard, they should probably just be removed from HO, no?

Yeah, that's a fair comment.

A flat pay of 3-5 mil that gets deducted from (based on non completion of off-season tasks/significant other contributions) might be the right approach

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

pay HO

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 08:28 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

A lot of people are immediately saying no but HO is by far the position that burns out members at the highest rate and ends up with them becoming inactive. If it makes things easier for HO and allows them to focus more on important things I see absolutely no reason to oppose this. PTs aren't for the benefit of anyone other than the person getting the TPE. It's not like many people go back and look at other people's stuff and even if you do losing 6 or 7 people from that people of PTs isn't going to cause you to lose anything.

These people do more for the SHL than most of us, this should at least be considered here like it was on other leagues and was actually implemented in the NSFL.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

01-12-2020, 08:27 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: A lot of people are immediately saying no but HO is by far the position that burns out members at the highest rate and ends up with them becoming inactive. If it makes things easier for HO and allows them to focus more on important things I see absolutely no reason to oppose this. PTs aren't for the benefit of anyone other than the person getting the TPE. It's not like many people go back and look at other people's stuff and even if you do losing 6 or 7 people from that people of PTs isn't going to cause you to lose anything.

These people do more for the SHL than most of us, this should at least be considered here like it was on other leagues and was actually implemented in the NSFL.

Have to admit I am surprised how many "Hard No's" came out of this. I ain't mad, I think we all agree HO should be compensated somehow and hopefully that will actually finally happen now even if it just a seasonal salary. But considering the precedent with both this league (simmer pass) and the NSFL HO pass you mentioned, even if you disagree with the idea it didn't feel that outlandish to me.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-12-2020, 08:42 PMztevans Wrote:
01-12-2020, 08:27 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: A lot of people are immediately saying no but HO is by far the position that burns out members at the highest rate and ends up with them becoming inactive. If it makes things easier for HO and allows them to focus more on important things I see absolutely no reason to oppose this. PTs aren't for the benefit of anyone other than the person getting the TPE. It's not like many people go back and look at other people's stuff and even if you do losing 6 or 7 people from that people of PTs isn't going to cause you to lose anything.

Have to admit I am surprised how many "Hard No's" came out of this.  I ain't mad, I think we all agree HO should be compensated somehow and hopefully that will actually finally happen now even if it just a seasonal salary.  But considering the precedent with both this league (simmer pass) and the NSFL HO pass you mentioned, even if you disagree with the idea it didn't feel that outlandish to me.

It’s not outlandish. There’s nothing wrong with bringing it up. I just think it’s not, ultimately, a good idea.

The pt pass is a slippery slope. Better to not get things sliding in the first place. It’s not a big deal for HO members to do their pt’s like everyone else. We know that outside of crisis times the HO isn’t really all that difficult or time consuming day to day.

Go ahead and pay them something reasonable. But draw the line at allowing others to skip pt’s.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Head Office should've been paid long ago. They do a lot more than people realize (seriously, you have no idea how many stupid things are brought to your attention DAILY unless you've been a part of it), and i can confirm that some of them work so hard that they don't have time to do EVERYTHING. $5M. DO it.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 10:51 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

01-12-2020, 03:51 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: The PT pass should be a non-starter. Nobody but the simmer should get that.

Paying them is fine as long as it’s not an unreasonable amount. I’d think maybe three mil. Couldn’t have HO members that rarely contribute or even speak up, as has been the norm for some, if this was enacted.

This. I can just speak for my own time in HO, myself included there are people who definitely doesn't do enough work to warrant a PT pass.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]