Create Account

S51 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects thread

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?
Zero experience. I'm here to learn Smile

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!
sure why not! tater#9751

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!
I want to make a player that is an offensive powerhouse.

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?
Learn the sim game and add value to the team that drafts me.

5) Give us your best pun
Just burned 2,000 calories. That's the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
I'm a pc gamer and user researcher. Trying to get back into shape physically! Huge blues fan bc i grew up in the area.

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?

I have taken part in the SHL for 3 years. This is my third player in the league.

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

That would be great!

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

I am looking to build a two way defenseman with a point scoring ability. I have made a defenseman before but advice is always welcome!

It has been a lot of fun! I have great memories of my time here.

5) Give us your best pun

I can’t believe I got fired from the calendar factory. All I did was take a day off!

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

I would love to be a part of Colorado! I am a college student from Quebec, I enjoy playing games, watching TV and spending time with friends, but my main passion is travel. I’ve had two amazing long trips to Europe and Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific in the last few years! The last trip to Australia and the surrounding area was particularly special because I got to go away for 3 months, and spend New Year’s Eve in Sydney: the fireworks there are one of my favourite memories ever!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

No simulation experience at all. First timer!

Sure. Champloo#0834

Playmaker. I wanna be a good passer that makes the plays happen. 

My goals would be to primarily have fun and advance my player through the league. The site is great!

5) Give us your best pun

I mustache you a question but I'm shaving it for later. 

I like video games of all kinds really. I sorta follow football. Mostly I spend a lot of time with my dog and my friends. 
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 07:11 PM by DUwebster. Edit Reason: Being an idiot )

No experience with SHL.  I have played Out of the Park Baseball which is simulating controlling a whole MLB franchise. 

Sure.  My Discord is DUwebster

Evgeni Malkin.

Meet some cool people and have a fun activity to burn more hours than I should on. 

5) Give us your best pun

"I have a split personality," said Tom, being Frank

I don't really have any experiences with the shl, and this is my first sim league I am participating in

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! I am interested in communication from a member of Colorado's front office. My discord name is abhikp

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL! I am looking to build a right forward that scores and makes plays.

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? MY goals is to be the best player for my team and win multiple championships

5) Give us your best punI was wondering why the ball was getting bigger. Then it hit me

The games I like to play are Madden, 2K, and NHL. I like football and basketball besides hockey. I am a big sports fanatic and love everything sports

1. What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?
This is my first experience with the SHL. I've done a lot of discord sim leagues though.

2. Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!
That would be great. Name is Dr Salt #4650.

3. What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

A great playmaker, with a capable shot when needed.

4. What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?

Wanna become one of the greats. But ultimately it's being a great teammate and having fun. And winning some championships would amazing.

5. Give us your best pun

I'm not a punny dude but I guess if I had an alt account on social media I'd call it Dr Alt.

6. This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

Well I'm currently really excited for the Holiday season. In a few minutes after this post is done I'm probably going to buy the new Pokémon game. I enjoy all the four major North American sports and soccer, especially the European competitions. I can pretty much go with the flow in conversations. I enjoy life for what it is and count my blessings. I love gaming as a whole and want to just enjoy myself.

[Image: unknown.png]

No experience. This is my first simulated sports league, but I love hockey and I am excited to participate and learn the ropes.
Yes! joedacious#8489
I want to build a franchise goalie, a capable, butterfly oriented starter that can be an asset for any team looking to make a run for the championship.
I would like to be involved as much as possible I guess. Build players, see them get drafted and succeed in various roles, but I am a sucker for goalies. 
5) Give us your best pun
How often did the chemist like to cook? Periodically.

I'm a recent college grad with a BA in Chemistry. Weird hobbies are board games. I just bought Gloomhaven and have been playing that with some friends and I have really enjoyed it. Other tabletop games include Dominion, wingspan, and DnD Video games include Skyrim(I just got into modding), Stardew Valley, Halo MCC(I am actually terrible), and Divinity Original Sin 1/2. I also have a switch, but that is mostly for Smash Bros, Mario Odyssey, and oddly enough, golf story(Highly recommended). Sports include hockey(I actually play, goalie.) rugby, and weightlifting. To summarize, I like long walks on the beach, poetry at night, and hockey  

b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?[/b]
This is my first year with SHL but I have been in another hockey sim where you play as just the gm for about 5 months now.

Sure, yÉÉt#7304

I am looking to be a shutdown defensemen who has the ability to skate well and set up my teammates with great passing.

Win the championship its a cluster tbh but I am slowly learning.

5) Give us your best pun
Whiteboards are remarkable

I love competition, so that's probably where my love of sports and multiplayer video games comes from. I play tons of Rocket League and TFT, I love watching the Red Wings and Lions. Overall, I think I am a good person to talk to and I enjoy talking with people just talking can be really fun.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2020, 01:30 PM by Chaxterium.)

I used to play Hattrick years ago which is a soccer simulation. It was a lot of fun but completely different from this.

Sure thing. I'm Chaxterium.

I've sculpted my player as an offensive defensemen. Something along the lines of Karlsson but with a bit more size.

My goals are to learn as much as I can and hopefully grow my player into a stud. So far the site is ok. It's taking a bit of getting used to.

5) Give us your best pun

I suck with puns, but I'm an airline pilot so I've give you a couple pilot jokes. How do you know there's a pilot in the room? Don't worry. He'll tell you! (and you know it's true because I already told you!)
What's the difference between god and a pilot? God doesn't think he's a pilot.

I don't really have many hobbies since I have two young children that take up most of my free time. When I'm not with them I'm typically working. When I do get some free time I enjoy programming and woodworking.