Create Account

S52 Interested Prospects Thread

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)

I haven't! I'm learning and it's fun!

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

Relaxing and having a good time.

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)

A Zach Hyman type! First in on the forecheck, getting pucks to the scorers, and cleaning up rebounds.

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

I want to just chill and hang out on the site. I don't mind spending the full time that I can in the SMJHL!

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?

I think writing things up would be fun! I'm not sure how much time I'll have to dedicate to stuff like this when work picks up, but I'm certainly interested in doing it!

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?

I think I'm just a happy and relaxed person! I'm here to have fun and make friends.

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!

[Image: gardens_last_game_ceremony_5_columns.jpg]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).

I like playing Mario Maker on my Switch! I take my nice little dog out on long walks as often as I can, and when the weather allows.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights?

I'm brand new here, so I don't know much about any of the specific teams yet! I'm interested in playing with anyone that is fairly relaxed and looking to have fun.

10. Anything else you would like us to know?

My dog really is very nice and sweet. Her name is Jaina.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
No I have not. This is my first experience.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Building a close-knit locker room is most important for me, but hopefully that team can win championships also.

A playmaker who is good defensively. Most like Datsyuk.

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
Around 3 seasons

I don't have a lot of experience, but it is interesting to me and is something I'd like to try.

I can bring a positive attitude and actively participate in conversation.

https://puckrookie.files.wordpress.com/2...mf2pl.jpeg

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
I like playing playstation, I watch college football and basketball, and I am a student.

Yes

Not really. I'm excited for the draft!

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)

I was the GM of the Detroit Pistons in a NBA Sim League for 3 months.

Building a close knit locker room is the stepping stone to winning a championship, so building a locker room is more important.

Alexander Radulov

I plan on staying until Miro is fully developed, so probably 3-4 years.

Not a ton, but I feel like one media a week would make me happy

I bring commitment and hockey knowledge to the locker room while bringing skill to the team.

[Image: search?q=brett+hull+stanley+cup+stars&sa...7JC6sGU7M:]

I'm an aspiring filmmaker and I also like to game in my free time. 

Yes extremely

I'm ready to play!!

[Image: Bobbybye88.gif]

I'm in NSFL (Football), have been active there for a month or so, just went 4th overall in the draft. I was a former commissioner in MLR (Major League Redditball) it's not so much a sim league as much as it's a number guessing game though.

Why not both? 

John Carlson or a Mike Green/Kris Letang

3/4 seasons depending on how much I enjoy my time there.

Not much, I've heard negative things about graphics and I'm not really the best. I hate writing so there's that as well.

Activity, activity and activity. I can play games too if that counts

I don't have a photo but this is a good one too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh0mSxuXuP0

Play games, study for college, I love rap/hip hop music. I love basketball (Was a r/torontoraptors discord mod) and football as well, been trying to get into baseball lately.

I don't see why not

Nothing really, if you have any questions reach out to me via Discord please (Jeffrey#2575)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
I have not!

I'd like a good balance between both honestly

I never really had an NHL comparable in mind, but just a stay at home defenseman. Really looking to be positionally skilled as well as connecting crisp passes.

Hard to say, I think it really depends on how my junior career goes. I've never done this before.

I am unable to do graphics but I frequently have to write like 70 page papers for my classes so media write ups shouldn't be a huge issue.

A good attitude and a great role player.

Seeing Alex Pietrangelo hoist the cup up for the first time in franchise history

I love metal music and early 2000's rap. Honestly, I can get down with most types of music. I enjoy first person shooters but I don't own a console or a gaming PC at the moment so I never play.

I am interested in anyone who shows an interest in me. A slut for junior hockey.

Nah not really, thanks for reading

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

I haven't been in any Sim Leagues prior to this one. But I think it's a really interesting concept and would love to learn.

I think that you want to try and find a healthy mix of both. If you're not a team who's contending, it might be hard to keep the chemistry running strong in the locker room.

I'm trying to go with a pure goal scorer with a lethal shot. Most comparably to someone like David Pastrnak or Auston Matthews.

I'm definitely not planning on rushing up to the SHL. I'd much rather take a slower pace and learn more about the league as well as developing my player.

I have some experience with Photoshop, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to giving graphics a try. I'm not too shy about writing either, so I won't mind doing media occasionally.

I'm someone who can mesh well with groups of people, I'm quite social and have a fair bit of hockey knowledge that could be really beneficial.

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...p-20160902]
Outside of Hockey, I have quite a lot of interest in the MLB. I'm constantly following along with that. I'm pretty big into League of Legends, that normally my go to game these days. As for music, I listen to just about anything apart for country.

Being new to the league, I'm interested in playing for and dedicating time to any team that's willing to give me a shot and the time to learn and improve.

I think for the most part I covered everything that's important. I'm always willing to answer any more questions over Discord or PM.

Nope!
The latter, but I'll take a trophy too.
An amazing goalie
I'll know more after my first season I think.
Graphics more so than media.
A positive attitude and a willingness to learn/adapt
[Image: 7VIrvcu.png]
gaming mostly
I am!

Not that I can think of, but if you have an questions I'm usually more than willing to answer anything.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Fantasy yes, sim like this, no, first time.

Honestly I feel like those two go hand in hand.

Two way forward, can't think of an example.. Jordan Staal maybe? 

2-3 sounds good, get my feet under me. 

I like to write, so media will be fun, graphics are out of my element

Fun, sense of humor, hockey fanaticism

[Image: 522606_3399610343594_166062093_n.jpg?_nc...e=5E9D7165]
2006 Stanley Cup Champion team

Play trombone, play golf, season ticket holder for the Portland Thorns (NWSL soccer), homebrew beer and judge beer competitions

Sure, why wouldn't I be? 

I'm probably older than quite a few people on here, but I'm just here to have fun and add "live hockey" to the "eat, sleep, breath". 

A few SHL players

Championships

Don't really have one in mind. I'm aiming for a player similar to the last two I built.

2 or 3 seasons

Honestly, probably not that much

A good player

Nah I'm good

Basketball

Yeah

No

No
Close-knit locker room. But I wanna win too
A pass first winger who is defensively sound. Maybe Teuvo Teravainen
As long as I need to to feel ready to go help an SHL team. Definitely not rushing it.
May try some media. Not so much on the graphics side.
An active player. Someone who puts the team first. Ill be a positive presence in the locker room.
Can't find it right now but Rod Brind'amour lifting the cup
Rocket league (Xbox), other games as well. Disc golf, darts. Growing hot peppers. Board games 
Sure! I'm interested in playing for any team that's fun to be around.

Not that I can think of.

[Image: TF7ZTeC.png]
Ziggy Tambo - LW - Anaheim Outlaws

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I was GM for multiple sim leagues for a few years.  Some STHS experience, but I've been around on and off since the FHL days.

Close-knit locker room.  Often those lead to championships anyways.

A two-way player like a Jonathan Toews or a Patrice Bergeron

Probably about 3.  But, if I think I've done as much as I can, I could go up as soon as 2.

I can write plenty, but not so much when it comes to graphics.

I would be active and would stick around.  I like to chat a fair bit too.

By far this one:

[Image: usa_today_10879572.0.jpg]

I play a fair bit of games on my PC, at the moment playing Old School Runescape.  I cheer for the Caps and the Washington Nationals.

Yes.

Nope, but I'm a pretty open book.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I have never been in a sim league like SHL!
I've always been in favor of having a close-knit locker room over anything else. It's more fun to enjoy your teammates and lose than it is to dislike your teammates and win. 
I don't know many players since I've just recently started following hockey, so I can't name anyone specific, however I really want to be a high scoring player who can score a lot of goals and have a fair amount of assists to get the point totals pretty high.
3 seasons sounds like a fair number, not too long, not too short.
Not a huge focus, especially since I'm not very good at audio editing or using photoshop.
I think I can bring a fair amount of activity and general light-hearted conversation. I always love to have a good connection with those I'm teammates with.
The first time I ever went to a hockey game! 12/19/2019 Islanders @ Bruins
I love to play games and study astronomy in my spare time!
I'd love to play for any team that wants me! I'm not picky!
No, other than I hope you have a great day!

This is my first one!

I believe you need a close-knit locker room to win championships

Elias Pettersson

I am not sure yet - Whichever path that allows me to become the best player possible!

I have some basic photoshop skills I can put to test. 

I bring a dry/sarcastic type of humor to the locker-room and keep things light

Does Crying Brad Marchand count? :D

I've been following Dota for over a decade (from Dota1 to Dota2). 

I believe Kelowna can help me become the best player I can be, and I am interested in playing for Kelowna

Go Canucks Go!