Create Account

Pens fans!

01-22-2020, 09:57 AMInf1d3l Wrote:
01-22-2020, 09:32 AMtakethehorizon Wrote: Welp, that sucked. Drove almost 3 hours both ways to watch a shutout at Wells Fargo. Much needed all star break now.

It's ok, Flyers looked good for 1 game outta 10, we looked bad for 1 outta 10

We just looked flat. Jarry held his own and made huge saves but the defense was horrible. Barely any backchecking by forwards either..I think we thought it was the all star break already. Just wanted more especially after that hard fought game against Boston on Sunday.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Pens get Zucker from MIN for a 1st, Calen Addison and Alex (5 goals) Galchenyuk.

Giving up Calen Addison was tough but looking at what Marino is doing seemed to make Addison expendable. I haven't seen what he looks like yet on the ice but I've heard mixed reviews about how he'll turn out.

Galchenyuk worked hard in PIT but just couldn't seem to put it all together. I feel bad for the guy and hope he can find success in Minnesota. As for Zucker I think he fits in great with the Penguins play-style, fast pace, aggressive and hard on pucks. A few seasons ago he put up 33 goals and 64 points. I think playing with the likes of Sid and Geno can help him bring that fire back. I'm interested to see how Sully will use him in the lineup.

02-11-2020, 11:10 AMtakethehorizon Wrote: Pens get Zucker from MIN for a 1st, Calen Addison and Alex (5 goals) Galchenyuk.

Giving up Calen Addison was tough but looking at what Marino is doing seemed to make Addison expendable. I haven't seen what he looks like yet on the ice but I've heard mixed reviews about how he'll turn out.

Galchenyuk worked hard in PIT but just couldn't seem to put it all together. I feel bad for the guy and hope he can find success in Minnesota. As for Zucker I think he fits in great with the Penguins play-style, fast pace, aggressive and hard on pucks. A few seasons ago he put up 33 goals and 64 points. I think playing with the likes of Sid and Geno can help him bring that fire back. I'm interested to see how Sully will use him in the lineup.

I'm honestly curious about what line he is going to play on. If he plays with Sid that sends McCain down the lineup and if he plays with Geno then Hornzy is going down the lineup

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 11:24 AM by takethehorizon.)

I can't wait until we get guys back from injury. Doubtful we'll see Guentz back tho this season.

Guentzel - Crosby - Kahun
Zucker - Malkin - Rust
McCann - Bjugstad - Hornqvist
ZAR/Simon - Blueger - Tanev/Lafferty

Tough OTL loss against Tampa Bay at home last night. Zucker played 'ok' in his first game as Penguin. Looked a little nervous out there to me but was able to muster up a few shots which was good to see. His speed can definitely be a factor, I just hope Sully can fit him with the right line mates to get as most as we can out of him as possible.

Pens/Leafs tonight. And with our pal Flower handing Washington a regulation L last night, first place is in reach with two points tonight. Let's Go Pens!

Pennsnsnsnsnsnsnsnnsns!

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50