Create Account

tidaltown 1/19 (first)
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 03:10 PM by tidaltown.)

[Image: 6i29cPF.png]

[Image: andl4Fn.png]

[Image: IKS61mS.png]

[Image: X5o2RA5.png]

[Image: xUUHOPR.png] [Image: 98pl34S.png]

nice first graphic! better than anything I could do

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Great work here. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Nice one and welcome to our graphics community!
Just in general: our submission format requires that you use the date of the coming Sunday from the day of your post (in your case that's 1/19) in your post subject. Just look at how everyone else names their submissions. Also read this please, it might be useful if you plan to make more graphics in the coming week(s). If you'd like me to make changes in your title, let me know.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

01-14-2020, 12:01 AMtidaltown Wrote: [Image: 6i29cPF.png]

yo mate u might wanna hold off on submitting this one until you have a couple (3) more to go with it, that way u get x2 bonus for all four instead of just the one

das a nice sig tho, esp for a first, lookin forward to watching u progress

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

@Carpy48 Ah, that makes sense! I was a little confused at first glance. Thanks for the help, I've updated the title to reflect the right date!

@GeckoeyGecko Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and added three more to my OP. Appreciate it!

[Image: xUUHOPR.png] [Image: 98pl34S.png]

01-14-2020, 01:45 PMtidaltown Wrote: @Carpy48 Ah, that makes sense! I was a little confused at first glance. Thanks for the help, I've updated the title to reflect the right date!

No problem, thanks for editing it. It's just that the majority of us really stick to the same date format if that makes sense so it's also easier for the graders. You can leave it as it is for now.
btw. Go Preds Smile

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]

Sigs:

1) While you haven't manipulated the original image too much (original background, no jersey change etc), it's a good beginning to sig making. You definitely worked on bringing out the render as the main element of the sig by darkening the background and I also like the positioning of it within the sig. The two text layers are positioned well too, but look a little flat and the number is cut off at the side. You're new to sig making, but I can see that you have an eye for it, so keep experimenting and don't hesitate to ask questions.

1/5 + 100k (bonus for small details like custom numbers)

2) Very similar to the sig above, but I do like the overall composition better (especially the placement of the text). A custom background would've worked really well here too.

1/5

3) This one actually does have a custom background, even though it's relatively simple. The render hasn't been altered, but I like how you've positioned it so it really is the focal point of your sig. The use of a darker background on the right and a lighter on the left also helps. The next step would be to work on the text a little more as it's always nice to have the text overlap with the render a little. This one is the best of the group easily.

1/5 + 100k

4) While I can see small changes like the custom numbers here as well, the overall composition doesn't seem to work too well here. The render and the background don't match and the viewing angle makes the render just float within the sig. Especially with goalies it's difficult to use a full body view, sometimes it's easier to just use the upper body (this also eliminates all that empty space around the render which is a problem here, compare to sig 3 and you'll see).

1/5

Total: 1.2M x2 (first sig bonus) = 2.4M

Stars Lions Berserkers