Create Account

Texas Native Nobody
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 05:21 PM by fishy.)

AeonSandwich - 2x draft media bonus, first article bonus saved for later
word count:501
Texas Native Nobody
The hopeful nobody aims to impress in his first draft.
When I heard that someone who only has pick-up games under his belt was accepted into the 52nd SMJHL entry draft I knew I had to talk to him.
That "someone" is Trevor Johnson, a 21-year-old Austin Texas native. Trevor grew up knowing nothing about the SHL until the Texas Renegades showed up on the map in S10, stating "I was blown away watching them (Texas Renegades) play, growing up in Texas, hockey never really had its place."  
I asked Trevor how he felt when he learned he was going to be in the 52nd SMJHL entry draft. " I was ecstatic, how can you not be?"  He added, "It's crazy honestly, I might not have a lot of experience under my belt but I'm aiming to impress!"  
Size doesn't always matter.
At 6ft, 200 lbs. Trevor's size is nothing special, average at best, but he feels like he can use that to his advantage. "People glance over me, you know? They don't see anything amazing. I like to use that to my advantage, I always have."  How does he use that to his advantage? I guess we'll have to wait and see. "I'm excited to show the league what I'm made of!" 
Offensive Defenseman.
Trevor's name of the game is defense, and from what I'm told by his close friend and teammate Aaron, he's great. "Trevor has a way with the puck, it's like it just magnetizes to his stick."  "...and don't get me started on his checking ability, It's scary being on the receiving end..." Aaron also talked about Trevor's ability to be anywhere on the ice. "He (Trevor) seems to always be where you need him....defending the crease....pushing the offensive line...he's just amazing to have on the ice, you always know he'll be where he needs to be."
What does the future hold?
From what I've learned while researching Trevor Johnson I'm excited to see where he goes. I'm confident he'll be a name you'll hear more of in the future, only time will tell. With the draft supposed to happen Sunday, the 19th of January, we might not have to wait long.
Until next time.
-AeonSandwich, AeonNews

[Image: sCw2XT1.png]
sig by Carpy48

I love this. Great first article!

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Good article. Welcome to the SHL!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Nice article!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

@AeonSandwich hey man good article and welcome to the league! i graded your article and gave you the 2x bonus for it being draft related, so save your 2x first article bonus for the next article you put out! Welcome to the league friend!

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]