Create Account

Player Profile - Chris de Siren SMJHL Top American Prospect
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 10:27 AM by golden_apricot.)

x2 draft media :D Also ready for grading

TSPN January 15th, 2020 12:14AM
By Stieve Eyezurrmahn, Kris Awzgud, Chris Dreipurr

TSPN sources around the SMJHL have been hard at work talking with scouts and insiders from each team around the league during the waning days before the SMJHL Draft. Those same sources are now saying eyes are pointing towards the Top American prospect, Chris de Siren.  One insider told TSPN that Chris "is a solid puckhandler, especially during critical situations deep in the zone. He has a great set of hands and hockey sense and knows when to pass but especially when to shoot." Chris was a strong left wing for his high school, Pioneer Central, where he managed to rack up 66 goals and 42 assists in his senior season. The insider also warns teams who don't pick him up, "don't let his size fool you either".  Standing at only 5'10", Chris is on the smaller end of today's norm, but what he lacks in size he more than makes up for in skill which has some people around the city saying he could be the next Kane. When asked about this Chris told TSPN, "it's fun, yeah. You know, I normally hear this about other people, you know, it's just weird, but fun. Kane? Maybe, I was always told that if I try my best I could achieve anything. Nothing is impossible! I just got to keep working hard." When asked how it feels to be the only American to make it on Boob McKenzie's list of top prospects for Season 52 Chris said "The only American? Wow. An honor, I'm happy someone has confidence in my abilities, hopefully the scouts agree and I can help a team win a cup or two."

Scouts around the league have expressed increasing interest in the American's abilities to smoothly transition from the defensive zone, making him an excellent scoring threat on the breakout. They've also expressed surprise on his increasing improvements on fundamental skills, especially in matter in passing, something he struggled with his freshman season. Overall many scouts have guessed that if Chris were to improve his fundamental skills more, the packaged deal with his already advanced shooting and stickhandling skills would make him a solid scoring threat for whomever drafts the American. Teams have been rumored to be expressing interest in Chris already though with the new McKenzie rating at #10 overall, Chris is hoping to hear from more teams in the league. "I'm not bothered about it, no" he said about not being contacted by a lot of teams, "I'm just focused on my day to days. Getting out there and skating and training as hard as I can". When asked about the teams that have contacted him so far he could only add "I'm grateful."

TSPN currently has Chris sitting at 9th in their Mock Draft for this year. TSPN Hockey Editor, Big McLarge Huge, had this to add about Chris: "he's a skilled player that can help a team fill the net with pucks. He may be smaller end, but he's not injury prone and he's got the mindset to take a mature approach to the game. Because of that we felt at a concensus that he sat well at #9, and being the only American on our mock draft board as well put him in a unique position this year".

The SMJHL Draft days away Chris will be waiting, and hoping, that his hard work pays off.

"It's about the team. I just want to win for the team." Something he just might get to do in the SMJHL.

© TSPN 2020

Chris de Siren - S52 Anchorage Armada | S53 Calgary Dragons 19th Ovr Draft Pick 

[Image: qc4SnW8.jpg]

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Forgot to say I was ready for grading if that's necessary (saw a few have it on their posts). I have edited my OP to reflect that.

Chris de Siren - S52 Anchorage Armada | S53 Calgary Dragons 19th Ovr Draft Pick 

[Image: qc4SnW8.jpg]