Create Account

[Podcast] The Marston Experience
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 08:10 AM by _Blitz_. Edit Reason: Posted Link, Ready for Grading )

Hey Everybody!

I'm Blitz, and my player is Danny Marston for the St. Louis Scarecrows. First off, welcome to the SHL to all of the new S53 prospects! Welcome back, S53 recreates as well!

As a member of the S52 Draft class, I'm currently getting ready for the SHL draft on Friday night. I thought I'd take a little bit of time Wednesday night or Thursday to put together a podcast and answer some questions about my experience thus far in the SHL. I think as a newer member, maybe some of my answers may be more relatable to the incoming S53 Draft Class.

I know the SHL Media directory has a section for questions, but it didn't feel right posting there when my target audience are coming in to the SMJHL. When I post the recording, I'll post the link as an edit.

So, fire away. I'll answer most questions SHL and SMJHL-related, and maybe a few off-topic.

I hope everybody is having fun and doing alright. Good luck in the draft!

For Your Listening Enjoyment, Maybe.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Which team is best bro?

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

01-15-2020, 02:23 AMsuavemente Wrote: Which team is best bro?

St. Louis ez

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Do you see yourself becoming a GM or applying for other jobs?

Rookie seasons can be tough, what would you say to the new recruits to keep them engaged?

Are there any little tips and tricks you use to help make the site easier to navigate?

Joining your team’s server after being drafted can be a little overwhelming, how did you handle that?

Rank the SMJHL teams based on their names/colour schemes/jerseys

If you didn’t get drafted to STL, where were you hoping you’d land?

Oooooo this is fun I’ll throw up some questions for your podcast later.

Need a sig :-/

Who’s your favourite teammate?

Were you happy with how your rookie season played out? Anything you’d change in STL?

Whats been your favorite part of the SHL so far?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

What was the hardest learning curve when you joined the SHL? If you could give anyone any advice who is new at the SHL, what would it be? If you could make a general change to how the SHL welcomes rookies to make it even more helpful, what would it be?

Are you hoping to go to any particular team in the SHL? Is there more than one team you're interested in? What draws you to that team or those teams? Is there anywhere you don'e really want to be drafted? Why not that team?

Where do you see your player headed in the next season? Do you have any goals for S52 TPE or performance related?

Basing only on Season 50 and season 51 SMJHL draft picks, what would your fantasy team look like?

Bumping thread, since the link is now posted.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Okay I feel you with Colorado and Newfoundland but Detroit is hot okay you are wrong lol

Also you don’t know this but Carolina should not exist, YOU SHOULD NOT MOVE A HOCKEY TEAM OUT OF MONTREAL lmao

Stinky stinky take on Hamilton you don’t know what you’re talking about lol but yeah personal preference

Good stuff! Excited to see where you land!