Create Account

SMJHL Prospect an Undercover Spy? Here's who we think it is!
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 12:02 AM by Mediocre_Fred.)

[Draft Media. Still saving first media bonus]
[446 Words Ready for Grading]

Rumor Surfaces About Potential Foreign Spy in the Ranks of SMJHL Prospects
Carlos Johnson, Hockey Talk USA, January 16, 2020

Rumors have surfaced claiming that one of this season's SMJHL prospects is actually a spy. Our informant, Edward Williams, who wishes to remain anonymous, told us earlier this week that he has some ideas as to who it might be. "Well you see, I was talking with me mate Fred, you know, Frederick Wanesly, and he says to me, he says 'There is something real funny about that Andrei guy'. So that has me thinking maybe he's a spy those Americans are always so scared about."
After speaking with the anonymous informant Mr. Williams some more, he explained that Andrei Kostitsyn wasn't the only person he suspected of being a spy. He named about a dozen other young hockey prospects from his draft class. Among those named were Steve Harrington of Germany, an American, Chris de Siren, Axel Meszaros of Hungary, and even Frederick Wanesly, oddly enough. He refused, however, to go into further details as to why he thought that these players were spies or even as to who they were spying for. Our anonymous informant, Edward Williams, was quick to shut down any further questions and told us that we may be being watched and hurried away.
This troubling news sparked our own investigation into the wild accusations against these young players. Over the course of the last few days, several of our top journalists tailed the players named by our informant and gathered as much evidence as they could on who might be a spy and what their motives are. This was extremely easy as most of the time all the players were in one location for the pre-draft prospect tournament. 
While we got to see some great hockey, we were no closer to finding the spy. Our search took a turn for the better when I saw something suspicious while I was purchasing my third overpriced corndog of the day. There, in the darkest corner of the concession area, I saw one of the product players make a phone call. To an untrained ear it would seem like an ordinary call to their mother and father, but I knew it was code. 
I, Carlos Johnson of Hockey Talk USA, would like to warn all of our readers that the player most likely to be the spy is none other than Edward Williams. It seems our first encounter was merely a ruse. Something to throw us off the tracks, but it didn't work. We will be submitting our findings to the local authorities and updating you, our readers, as soon as we can.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

shit who is he working for.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

01-17-2020, 12:03 AMsuavemente Wrote: shit who is he working for.
He doesn't even know, probably.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

If only we could find the informant and confirm!

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

I cannot confirm nor deny any allegations at this time without my lawyer present.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

But has Edward Williams ever regressed his own player?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!