Create Account

The Mulan Draft
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2020, 09:24 PM by Finetales.)

2x Draft Bonus - Ready for Grading | Word Count: 1,243

Tall Grass Media "Stalking Ohira" Series presents:

The Mulan Draft

With the prospect tournament over, the prospects have some points to their name and stats to their fame. Now, the draft is looming ever closer and thoughts about the subsequent World Juniors quickly fall by the wayside as the young players eagerly anticipate the junior draft. Everyone's favorite Japanese offensive forward prospect, Hiroshi Ohira, has been sighted numerous times either practicing or playing Pokemon Go, so getting an interview with him has been much easier than before. We caught up with him in a Chipotle for an exclusive pre-draft interview.

-

TGN: So, Hiroshi, what are your thoughts on your prospect tournament performance?

HO: Wait, where'd you come from? I'm eating a burrito!

T: We walked through the front door. Are you enjoying your burrito?

H: I'm enjoying it a little less now, because I'm talking to you instead of eating it.

T: That's a shame. So anyway-

H: Didn't you guys interview me last time? Don't you have other prospects to heckle?

T: No, see, we're running an exclusive series for subscribers called "Stalking Ohira", which focuses only on prospects with the last name Ohira.

H: Wonderful.

T: We thought so too. So as we were saying, what are your thoughts on your prospect tournament performance?

H: I'm not answering your questions until I finish my burrito.

T: That's fair.

(Hiroshi finished his burrito.)

T: So-

H: That was a good burrito.

T: I see. That's good.

H: I agree. I'd offer you some but I already ate it.

T: So you did. Do you think we could possibly get back to hockey?

H: Oh yeah. The prospect tourney. Well, I thought I played alright. I think the teams were a little lopsided...Bravo and especially Alpha were stacked beyond belief. But every team is stacked in the SHL so I gotta get used to that.

T: Did any particular players stand out to you?

H: Yeah, a few. You know the ones, everyone's been talking about 'em.

T: Everyone's been talking about you, too.

H: By "everyone" you mean "everyone in your office", right?

T: Uh, anyway. Now that the tournament is over, your thoughts must be fixated on the draft in a couple of days. Where do you hope to fall in the draft?

H: I really just hope I get drafted. I guess I probably will be, but anything's possible.

T: If you had to predict where you will fall in the draft, where would you guess?

H: I dunno, maybe late 2nd round? I'd be happy with that. First round would be really cool though.

T: Have you been contacted by many teams?

H: A few, yeah.

T: Anyway teams you hope to get drafted by?

H: I'll be happy wherever I end up.

T: Alright, moving on...you have been getting a decent amount of press lately, that much you have to admit. How did you feel about being compared to Mulan?

H: Yeah, that was interesting. I wonder if they know there are different kinds of Asians. But I'm also into it for the memes. All the best players have nicknames.

T: Is that true?

H: Look it up.

T: Fair enough. Lastly, what do you think of all the prospect activity on Twitter?

H: It's alright. Definitely some interesting dudes in this class.

T: Got any examples?

H: Nah, I'm good.

-

We left Hiroshi to his chips and salsa after that. It would seem that the Japanese prospect is starting to get a little more comfortable with interviews, and with his peers. However, he remains tight-lipped about who has contacted him and where he would like to end up. We will attempt to catch up with him again soon, possibly in a bathroom or on the bus.

[Image: FWWm8En.jpg]
Hiroshi Ohira - S53 RW #36 Manhattan Rage/Colorado Raptors
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2020, 09:32 PM by roastpuff.)

Tranquil as forest
But on fire deep within
You are sure to win

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

"Nah I'm good" = "leave me alone I want to get another burrito since you ruined the first."

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

01-16-2020, 09:31 PMroastpuff Wrote: Tranquil as forest
But on fire deep within
You are sure to win
Impressed...  Japan

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber