Create Account

5 Questions with SUI's William Hartmann

5 Questions with SUI's William Hartmann
January 17th 2020
By Eric Vanderberg

Two seasons ago William Hartmann was just another face at my invitational hockey tourny while playing in Buffalo, now, the day before the draft he sits as a top 20 favorite to be drafted. I had a chance to sit down with Will and ask him five questions on where he'd like to be drafted and of course how important winning a Four Star Cup is to this scrappy young forward.

Eric Vanderberg: With the Draft just a day away, how are you feeling and where do you think you will go?

William Hartmann: 1. I’m pretty pumped! I’ve been doing some pre-draft interviews and I’m on a few teams’ boards, and I’m getting pretty wrapped up in it. I don’t mind where I go in the draft, but a team where I could step in and contribute immediately would probably be my ideal scenario. Alaska and Colorado look pretty nice too, the mountains and snow remind me of home!

EV: No doubt, you'll find a great team waiting for you if Colorado snaps you up. I don't like to brag but...Raptors for life. Moving on.

EV: You describe yourself as a Two-Way Forward, what do you say to teams who may be favor specialized playmakers or snipers to get them to pick you.

WH: I like to think of myself as a pretty well-rounded player, I can play up and down the lineup. I think being versatile should help offset my shortcomings a bit, and I’m confident I can become a better scorer in the SMJHL.

EV: Many players spend at least 1 or 2 full seasons in Juniors, do you see yourself making the jump sooner rather than later or do you feel like you need to develop your game more.

WH: I’d like to develop my offense more in juniors. I think it’s probably easier to get confidence playing against the junior teams and goalies, so I can improve my skills before going to the big leagues.

EV: Good call there, I spent 3 years down in the J and it let me play a great role with J-Watt (Jules Watt) and Julio (Julio Tokolosh). Not saying you'll spend 3 years down there, but it will definitely let you develop and season.

EV: With that last question in mind, how important is it to you to win a Four Star Cup while you're in Junior

WH: Getting a Four Star Cup would be a dream, and I hope I can be an important contributor to a team that makes a run for a championship.

EV: Lastly, the SHL Draft is a season away, any early hopes on who may take a shot on you and why should either team be the Jets or the Stampede.

WH: I don’t know too much about the big-league teams right now and what their rosters look like, but hopefully next year I’ll have a better idea of where I’d be a good fit!

EV: Awesome, thanks for taking the time to sit for 5 questions with me Will and good luck tomorrow.

WH: Thanks Vandy.

01-17-2020, 07:17 PMVandy Wrote: Alaska and Colorado look pretty nice too

Yes! Swiss boat line is still my dream! Switzerland Armada Switzerland Armada Switzerland

Switzerland

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty