Create Account

Being in Tampa
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2020, 03:29 AM by Rankle.)

Code:
521 words, ready for grading

As many of you may or may not know, I had never originally planned on ending up in Tampa. It was something that I had considered, but looking at the picks they had going into the S50 Reddit draft, I honestly didn’t think I would end up here. In fact, for the first 15 minutes or so after being drafted, I thought I had been taken by Toronto, which was where I anticipated on ending up. I hadn’t even noticed that Tampa traded up to take me at 20th overall. It was quite the rollercoaster of emotions for me. At first I was elated thinking I was on a team with one of my buddies from St. Louis, next I’m on a team where I don’t know anyone. It was a real confusing time for sure.

Now that I’ve been here in Tampa for two seasons, I can safely say that I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. The culture in this locker room is second to none in my humble opinion. Every single person I’ve talked to here is really friendly and cool and nothing is taken too seriously. I would really like to commend @JSS for building and harboring such a great locker room here. From the adorable baby pictures from @sköldpaddor to the super high quality cat pics from @Kalakar , to the late night conversations with @Noble and @Jepox , everything about this locker room is great. Yeah, we might not be Challenge Cup Champions. Yeah, we might have even gotten reverse swept in the finals of all things. But you know what, it happens. It’s cheesy as hell, but honestly all that matters to me is that I get to hang out with cool people in my fake hockey league. Winning is just an icing on the cake.

Times have been pretty turbulent for Tampa Bay. What with JSS and Jepox both stepping down and @MCP_ taking over, and then JSS getting traded to Hamilton of all places. It’s been kinda crazy. There’s been a lot to take in here in the last few days. But you know what? I’m confident in MCP’s ability to build on top of the squad that JSS carefully assembled over the course of his tenure as GM. I believe that we still have a good core and are going to be a good team moving forward here in the SHL. I think that as much as it sucks to not have people like Pris and JSS on the team anymore, we’ll make do and hopefully excel moving forward. I know that JSS wouldn’t leave Tampa like that unless he knew it was absolutely in the best interest of our team. Even looking at the draft that just happened about 6 hours ago, I’m even more confident in MCP’s abilities as GM.

The point I’m really trying to drive home here, what I really want to say is, I love Tampa Bay. I love being here and I love our team culture. Win or lose, I’m planning on being here in Tampa for the rest of my SHL career.

Barracuda Chomp chomp water dog Barracuda

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Who forced you to type this?? Hmm....

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

01-18-2020, 05:39 AMKalakar Wrote: Who forced you to type this?? Hmm....

do we have some team forced propaganda here?

blink 3 times if you are held hostage

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

01-18-2020, 05:39 AMKalakar Wrote: Who forced you to type this?? Hmm....

My bank account

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

<3 Barracuda

[Image: 3.png]