Create Account

Exclusive Post-Draft Interview with Frederick Wanesly

[Draft Media]
[800 Words Ready For Grading]

Exclusive Post-Draft Interview with Frederick Wanesly
Ace Dickenson, Senior Junior Intern, The Bradford Tribune. January 18, 2020

Who's that? That's right, it's me, Ace Dickenson, and my dad promoted me to Senior Junior Intern after my last article went over so well. This could not have come at a better time, either. The 52nd draft of the SMJHL took place today and the Bradford Tribune has sent me all the way across the pond to report it. While I have no doubt that the many young SMJHL prospects were very excited leading up to this event, nothing could match my own my own mood when I found out I was coming to report it.
I was able to track down our local-ish hero, Frederick Wanesly, after the draft for an exclusive interview. Frederick was drafted to Detroit with the 12th overall pick. We'll get back to that later. Starting things off for this season's draft was the first pick by the Colorado Raptors. It was no surprise that they went with the center Chris Cerullo. I asked Fred Wanesly about his thoughts:
"Yeah, you know? I really hadn't a clue when I'd get picked. There were a lot of right good hockey players in this draft class. With the way things were going and the different teams I was talking to, I wasn't sure if I'd be picked first or if I'd go 30th."
That's great to hear Fred, but I was actually wondering about your thoughts on Chris getting drafted 1st pick.
"Oh, right. Right. Yeah, like I said, I wasn't sure when I was gonna be picked, you know? Cerullo went first and he's a good two-way forward. I'm also a good two-way forward. And my passing is better than his and so is my stick handling, but that is neither here nor there. He's definitely a great personality and the Raptors are lucky to have him in their locker room."
Alright, next we had Magnus Liljeström as the 2nd overall pick in the draft going to the Detroit Falcons. Do you have any words on that?
"Yeah, let me think... Stoked. Hype. Those are two good words. Do you need any more? That bloke is a defensive powerhouse. Very much looking forward to being on the ice with him."
The next pick I want to talk to you about is overall pick number four, which went to the Newfoundland Berserkers. This pick was none other than Steve Harrington. I know you have been close with Steve in the time leading up to the draft. Are you disappointed that you were not drafted to the same team?
"Yeah, Ace, of course I'm disappointed, but I am looking forward to all the games we will be playing against each other. Who knows, maybe one day in the future we'll be on the same bench."
Finally we got to probably the biggest news of the night with the 11th and 12th picks of the draft. Edward Williams and Frederick Wanesly, both from the UK and seemingly inseparable during this draft lead-up, were both swooped up by the Detroit Falcons in back to back picks. I asked Fred what his thoughts were during those moments:
"Well I was sitting there and when they announced Edward for number 11 overall I was so happy for him. The man puts in the work and completely deserved to be picked up so early on. And then they announced that I was picked number 12 overall to the Detroit Falcons as well? I f***ing lost it! Freddie and Eddie are coming, Detroit isn't gonna know what 'em! Truly, I tell you, truly the greatest day of my life."
Do have any more comments about the other members of the Detroit Falcons drafted with you today?
"Of course! I'm beyond excited to be playing with them all. I think we got two really solid defensive players with Magnus and Toki. Our Forwards are gonna dominate the league in the future with the likes of Sulfergold, Sutherland, Topalo, Wartooth, and good ole Paddy. Not to mention the Dynamic Duo. Now, I have to admit, I don't know much about Jobin, the goalie, but I'm pretty sure he blocked every one of my shots I took on him during the prospect tournament. Overall I'm pretty stoked and I can't wait for the season to get started."
Well, there you have it ladies and gentleman. I tried extra hard to make this a good article. If it does well, my father, the chief editor for the Bradford Tribune, might actually give me a real position here where I get paid! Until next time, I'm Ace Dickenson for the Bradford Tribune's sports updates. Now go like this or share it or whatever so my dad sees how good I am.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Don't make me drop a diss track on you, Fred. I'm unaccommodating.

Raptors S52 SMJHL Entry Draft First Overall Selection Raptors 
norway Chris Cerullo - Center norway 
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 01:31 AM by Aephino.)

Freddie and Eddie Wink

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

01-19-2020, 01:29 AMChrisFromRMNB Wrote: Don't make me drop a diss track on you, Fred. I'm unaccommodating.
I think the draft speaks for itself!

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Falcons

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Might actually have fun on my visits to Detroit.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate