Create Account

Spirit of St Louis flies through Charlotte
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2020, 07:41 PM by EricNCSU. Edit Reason: Grammer )

[Double draft bonus, still deferring first post bonus, approx 660 words]
Spirit of St. Louis flies through Charlotte
Local Prospect gets picked by the Scarecrows
Charlotte Observer Sports Desk - William Williamson

"With the 35th pick in the SMJHL Entry Draft the St. Louis Scarecrows Select...
Eric Hudson, Left Wing, Charlotte, North Carolina."

It's the words every young player longs to hear. Selection to a Major Junior team and hopefully the beginning of a prosperous hockey career. Eric Hudson and his family were watching the draft from a local Charlotte hockey bar called The Icehouse. The crowd erupted into cheers after the selection, recognizing the name of one of their local stars.  Despite the majority of the crowd wearing the orange and black of the Carolina Kraken, a chant of "Scarecrows, Scarecrows, Scarecrows" rose through the bar as the tables sitting near the Hudsons began to congratulate them on his selection. 

Shortly after the pick was called, Eric's phone rang and he stepped away from the crowd for a moment, accepting congratulations and welcome from the Scarecrows GM and coach. After the draft had concluded and things started to calm down I got the chance to sit down with Eric and ask him a few questions. 

WW: First and foremost Eric, congratulations on being drafted into the SMJHL. How does it feel to go 35th overall?

EH: Thanks Will, honestly it's a bit wild. I don't think it's sunk in quite yet. I never expected to go this high. This is such a deep draft. I mean, look at some of these names, Lucas Leclerc, Scott Hamilton, Andrei Kostitsyn.. how did I get picked ahead of those guys? It's surreal. 

WW: What do you think about St Louis? 

EH: They are a solid team. They've been around for a while and won a couple Four Stars. They just had two guys go in the top 10 of the SHL draft. [Danny Marston, 9th overall; Trey Nets, 10th overall]

WW: What are you looking forward to when you get to St. Louis?

EH: Obviously, just getting into the locker room and meeting the guys. I get to play with Axel [Meszaros, Scarecrows 1st Round Pick]? Seriously? I played with him in the prospect tourney and he's a beast. Second on the team in scoring as a D-man! And [Jason] Vorhees? [Scarecrows 7th round Pick] He was on my prospect team too, he's a brick wall. Our team had the lowest goals against average. That won us the tourney, no doubt. It'll be awesome to get back on the ice with those fellas. 

WW: Well, congratulations once again, Eric. We look forward to seeing you play in the SMJHL. 

EH: Thanks, Will. I'm super exc..*phone rings* Sorry, I gotta take this, thanks again Will!

The congratulatory calls continued to roll in for Eric as news got around of his selection. I spoke to the manager of The Icehouse before I left and she told me that while The Icehouse is an official Kraken bar, when there were no conflicts they would show Scarecrows games as well and keep tabs on Eric. She said the first order of business was going to get a Hudson Scarecrows jersey to hang on the wall. 

Look for Eric Hudson to make a splash in the SMJHL. I'm sure he'll do Charlotte proud. 

Scarecrows 
The St. Louis Scarecrows are an SMJHL Team based in St. Louis, Missouri and about to start their 40th season in the league. They have won the Four Star Cup 7 times, including a stretch of three in a row in seasons 44, 45 and 46. 

[Image: hudson.png]

Scarecrows

Great read! Keep up the good work.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 12:32 PM by EricNCSU. Edit Reason: Accidental reply )

*deleted repeat post*

Dammit, tried to edit something on mobile and it posted it as a reply. How do I delete that?

Quote:
She said the first order of business was going to get a Hudson Scarecrows jersey to hang on the wall. 

[Image: rz6gFWE.png]

So, something like this then?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!