Create Account

Swiss federation head facing the press
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2020, 09:55 AM by Segi.)

Code:
ready for grading - 766 words

Coming from our first World Championship final. Ask me anything.

Interview How does it feel to have the best defenseman pairing (Tedla - Zimmermann) in the league and not playing it together?

Undoubtedly, Tedla and Zimmermann harmonized very well back in the SMJHL, however at the time, the skill gap between Tedla who plays a top 4 role with an SHL team and Zimmermann, who's still leading the defense of an SMJHL team is pretty high. Additionaly, both players have a very similar play style and don't complete each others game very well.
But I will say that both of them have a lot of IIHF tournament left to play and it is very possible that we will see that pairing again at some point in the future.

Interview No questions. Just wanted to thank you for being the best GM / Federation Head us Swiss could wish for.

Thanks, these are very kind words to hear. But I doubt that there would not have been someone better for the job. I was just lucky to be the only eligible applicant to lead team Switzerland. I think, I've grown into the role quite well, but the nation could have definitely had a quicker start with someone else in the lead.

Interview Why do you not let Boat Line play together?

We've tried that for the first couple of games. The success was rather unsatisfying. When we pulled van der Heijden from the line, we started to get better and were quite successful. We will certainly keep this trio as a possible option in the future though. Especially once all of them will have seen SHL hockey, the van der Heijden - Bischoff - Jones line could be a real powerhouse for us.

Interview You were able to qualify to the medal round with the lowest amount of Goals For, but do you feel this tight-knit style of play is going to continue working for Switzerland?

The last two seasons showed that we have the ability to qualify for the medal round and be among the top 8 nations, however, realistically we're not among the best of the best yet, so we have to play the underdog game for a bit. Of course it also helps that we have a great goalie duo in the net. I'm convinced, we can become a more offensive team and score more in the future. We have the talent on the team already, we're just not quite there yet.

Interview From finishing as the so-called best of the worst to a Gold Medal game, the Swiss had a fantastic tournament and are poised to be the next real IIHF powerhouse. Who's a younger player that we should watch out for?

I can't really name a young player to watch out for, since we have so many on the team. Among the silver medal winners, we had 12 players, who still play in the SMJHL. Two of which, Luca Veccelli and Markus Tegernako will make the jump to the SHL this season. We can expect to see a lot of Tegs, since he will already be a starter goalie in Minnesota. We also have someone like Daniel Bischoff on the team, who basically won the SMJHL award show yesterday. Then there is Cal Labovitch who almost won SMJHL rookie of the year and was the 2nd over all draft pick in his SHL draft. And next to all these flashy names, we have very talented and consistant players like Mitchell van der Heijden and Ursin Zimmermann, who have shown their ability on the big stage already and will certainly be very good SHL players soon.

Interview Best moment of the tournament?

When we scored the over time winner against Ireland, that was it. Then when we got confirmation that we qualified for the medal round for the first time, that took over. Then we beat Austria to qualify for the semis and that became the best moment of the tournament. And then we beat Czechia to qualify for the finals, which was obviously an even better moment. And in a couple of weeks, it will be to have received the medal, even though winning silver is always a bitter sweet moment.

Interview Do you accept defectors to Switzerland?

Have you seen our roster? There are a lot of immigrants on our team and I'm always open to add players, who want to play for us to our roster.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

How does it feel to have the best defenseman pairing (Tedla - Zimmermann) in the league and not playing it together?

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 05:12 AM by Mutedfaith.)

No questions. Just wanted to thank you for being the best GM / Federation Head us Swiss could wish for.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Why do you not let Boat Line play together? Sad

Answered to here. Keep it coming!

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]

You were able to qualify to the medal round with the lowest amount of Goals For, but do you feel this tight-knit style of play is going to continue working for Switzerland?

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

From finishing as the so-called best of the worst to a Gold Medal game, the Swiss had a fantastic tournament and are poised to be the next real IIHF powerhouse. Who's a younger player that we should watch out for?
Best moment of the tournament?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Answered to here.

Do you accept defectors to Switzerland?

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Answered.

One last bump. I've recently been named rookie mentor head and will take questions regardign that job as well.