Create Account

Thank you, Switzerland!
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 04:45 PM by tedlamotors.)

If you told me that I would be on the starting lineup in the S51 IIHF Gold Medal Game in S48, S49, or even S50, I would've looked at you and laughed. Never have I thought I'd be in this position and I'm grateful, to say the least.

Before I even get to praising Switzerland, it'd only be right to give my thanks to @SpartanGibbles for letting me represent Team USA in the WJC. Honestly, I still have some fond memories, like winning back-to-back OT games to get to the S47 gold medal game, being nominated for best rookie, coming back from behind to secure bronze in S48, and getting to be a "vet" in S49. A fun three years, my only regret is not getting to bring home gold for the red, white, and blue. @BDonini still makes 8-1 jokes every now and then, but it's a bit easier to accept now that we're both on the same team again, or something like that. Again, I'm more than appreciative that you saw something in me that made you wanna add me to the roster.

Y'all are probably wondering, well, if everything was so peachy, why did you move?

Maybe there was a future with USA, but when people are offering you a chance to play *right now*, it gets very tempting. I did say no to a potential move to Sweden, but I still have to thank @StamkosFan for the offer. But Switzerland had just about everything. A big role to help shape the d-core, friends who I already talk to, and they had a whole lot looking up for them.

@Segi tried to keep announcing me a bit of a secret, but I honestly couldn't help myself but tell @UrsinZ. It was nice knowing I'd get to play with him again knowing he still wishes I was with him at Anaheim. And the second I get in the LR, you would've thought I'm a 50 goal scorer in the SHL with multiple Challenge Cups to my name. I was told the Swiss were really supportive of each other, but this? I felt right at home. I couldn't wait for the IIHF tourney.

It eventually comes around after a long S51, and man, I was so excited to see what we could do out on the ice. I had us getting bronze in my prediction, but we were gonna have to grind to win a medal. Group B was a tough one. USA, Ireland, and the Czechs were clearly the cream of the crop, but fighting for that last spot with Finland, Great Britain, and Latvia was no easy task. 6 games in, I was breaking sticks and getting a little upset at myself for how poorly I've played, and 1 win wasn’t going to help us get past the round-robin. But my teammates believed that we could still advance. Their faith in was unmatched and honestly kept me going too. Not to be all mushy, but when you win three out of your final six games, including a shootout victory over Ireland, and sneak into the medal round, you look back at keeping your head high when things get a little rough.

It felt like a new tournament now. In single elimination, anything can happen. We took our chances and ran with it, kicking off the medal round beating Austria 4-1 in the QFs. It felt so surreal man. Mikhail Lokinotov, Mike Izzy, Shooter McGavin, and Flacko Lagerfield all held pointless? And I played a part of it???? That felt like my best game in the tournament, but I knew there was still unfinished business. Czechia in the SF was going to be no easy task given they just sent Canada home. Idk what happened, but we magically found ourselves down 3-2 after giving up three unanswered in the 2nd. It was rough, but after Slap McShotty tied the game with two seconds left in the period, we all talked as a team during the intermission, with captain Lallo leading the charge. “One period away from the final, we can do this.”, he says, and the rest is history. Three consecutive goals in the third give us the edge as we won 6-4 and move on to their first final in team history. The last time I saw a locker room go absolutely bonkers was when Anaheim won the 4-Star Cup back in S47. Words couldn’t describe how that win felt.

Not even gonna sugarcoat the final, USA were much better than we were, doubling our shot count and piling on the pressure. Tibuk was phenomenal, but asking him to keep it 1-1 was a bit too much. But as much as the loss hurt, I still felt apart of something big. Swiss hockey has never accomplished this much in an IIHF Tournament, and I know for a fact won’t be the last time we’re competing for gold. I can only imagine how much better we’ll get as everyone reaches their potential. So thank you to @”segi” and @”esilverm” for seeing me as a viable asset to have, and to everyone else for welcoming me with open arms. We got a whole lot of gold to win in the future.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

Don't sell yourself short. Tedla is an amazing player and we're lucky to have you on the team. The medal run might not have happened without you on our roster.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Switzerland Switzerland

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Really cool to see Switzerland competing so soon after creation!

Keep it going.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Switzerland Towel Switzerland

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I was glad I got to GM for you in WJC, Anaheim, and now in Minny. I think Switzerland looks a lot like Anaheim did in the early stages. Best team for the USA to face in the Gold Medal Game.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

SWISS GANG SWISS GANG

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland

#ItWas8to1

[Image: selm.gif]