Create Account

Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser

01-21-2020, 10:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Do you guys ever miss ace

Definitely! It's been a long time now and I'm sure Ace is having a great time in NEW but I would be lying if I said any locker room was the same or better without Ace in it. Although with Cuddle's retiring(Not that he's actually leaving the LR anytime soon) and Ace leaving, the locker room is slowly becoming more friendly to guys like me and @Leafs4ever (Go Leafs Go). At the end of the day I'm happy for Ace and I'm sure Ace is happy for me. Karl and Ace took a chance drafting me that a lot of other GMs wouldn't back in S43. I'll always appreciate that and Ace will always be a guy I appreciate!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

01-22-2020, 11:55 AMTommySalami Wrote:
01-21-2020, 10:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Do you guys ever miss ace

Definitely! It's been a long time now and I'm sure Ace is having a great time in NEW but I would be lying if I said any locker room was the same or better without Ace in it. Although with Cuddle's retiring(Not that he's actually leaving the LR anytime soon) and Ace leaving, the locker room is slowly becoming more friendly to guys like me and @Leafs4ever (Go Leafs Go). At the end of the day I'm happy for Ace and I'm sure Ace is happy for me. Karl and Ace took a chance drafting me that a lot of other GMs wouldn't back in S43. I'll always appreciate that and Ace will always be a guy I appreciate!

hold up trella is unfriendly to y'all? @"cpetrella" da fuck dog

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

01-22-2020, 12:21 PMSlashACM Wrote:
01-22-2020, 11:55 AMTommySalami Wrote: Definitely! It's been a long time now and I'm sure Ace is having a great time in NEW but I would be lying if I said any locker room was the same or better without Ace in it. Although with Cuddle's retiring(Not that he's actually leaving the LR anytime soon) and Ace leaving, the locker room is slowly becoming more friendly to guys like me and @Leafs4ever (Go Leafs Go). At the end of the day I'm happy for Ace and I'm sure Ace is happy for me. Karl and Ace took a chance drafting me that a lot of other GMs wouldn't back in S43. I'll always appreciate that and Ace will always be a guy I appreciate!

hold up trella is unfriendly to y'all? @"cpetrella" da fuck dog

oh wait its a bruins fan thing

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 12:24 PM by Sean.)

01-22-2020, 12:17 AMJulio Tokolosh Wrote: 1) How did you burn your hand?

I'm an idiot and have these plates that look like they're ceramic but they're actually metal. I don't know why these plates are made and I'm probably getting rid of them. I threw food on it in the microwave without thinking about it, it was just the top plate on the stack. No sparks or anything but when I went to grab the plate it was extremely hot. Not expecting it I held onto it much longer than I should have. It was actually hot enough that the plate deformed a bit. Luckily I'm somewhat smart and have a first aid kit handy around the house with stuff to treat burns so I very quickly lathered on some ointment and wrapped it up. At this point, only my thumb is blistering up and I thought it was going to be much worse so I'll take the victories I can get.

Code:
2) After the switch to FHM, which attribute are you most looking forward to progressing that others might not be obvious?

I honestly think it's going to be very important to build a player who has good all-around attributes in FHM. I am glad that there's a difference between offensive and defensive awareness where I'd say defense acts as a comparative stat for both in Simon T. It allows players to create purely offensive or defensive-minded players. I also like that there's a difference between checking and hitting. All-around having more choice leads to more potential for different routes to success. I haven't done much testing with individual stats but maybe bravery could be a stat that gives players an advantage. It's basically your player's willingness to put himself in a position to make a play that he might physically pay the price for. Maybe in a regular sim, this could have detractions and end in more injuries but we don't have injuries. I'm excited for the first seasons where the meta isn't completely obvious because we might get to see some interesting things happen.

Code:
3) As your projected linemate for S52, do you want me to sink my scoring and checking to make sure that my only role is to set you up for shots and not steal your checks? If so, how much is it worth it to you?

I'm never going to ask my teammates to change to meet my needs. I'm the GM and I'm always going to do my best to be the one that makes changes for the benefit of the team. I paid $12mil(?) to change from a scoring forward to a playmaking forward (that aged well, didn't it?). I hope that our players will be compatible as they currently stand. If not, it's my job as the GM to find situations for both of our players that will balance out personal and team success. I will drop a little bit of a bomb. We were in on a big-name player at the deadline and I was fully prepared to put Pepperoni on the third line if it meant adding that player to the team. I'm sure if we're 50-0 and both our players have 5 points we'd both be hard-pressed to change anything.

Code:
4) What are some other sexy meat names that you have in the pipeline? What if your next player was female? Areola Capicola? Stella Mortadella? Pluto Prosciutto? Carlotta Sopresatta? Zeta Pancetta? Kamala Bresaola?

You're much more creative than I am. I was already thinking about going back to the old well and just making a Finnish defender named Tomi Salamii. Hopefully, I'll have a long time to think about the next player name. I've seriously considered changing my username and getting off the meme when Tony retires but we'll see. That's still over 2 real-world years away in my opinion.

01-22-2020, 03:33 AMMuford Wrote: Which season has been your favorite so far from a GM standpoint?

Definitely 49, I also really enjoyed this last season. I went into 49 a little above and this past season doesn't really compare but I'll go over it a little. While nothing really happened at the trade deadline we got to have a lot of fun talk and a lot of interesting ideas were brought up. If things had gone our way we could have made some league shattering deals. We didn't need to deal with Hamilton in the east and we actually went 2-0 against them during the regular season so by the time the finals came around Keygan and I had some false hope that we could actually pull off the upset and bring home the 3rd cup in 7 seasons to Edmonton. Obviously that's not how it went down but it was neat to have the site behind us in a series. When the season ended we managed to bring in 4 active players from this draft when we only expected one and we brought in two new active members in C9Van and Mantorune. Hopefully, we can continue to build around moves like this and bring back another cup to Edmonton.

Code:
Any trade / draft pick you wish you didn’t trade / draft?

Oh yeah, In the first draft that I was involved with on the scouting team I was super high on Wawazat. He came onto the site in a storm, earned like $20,000,000 leading up to the draft and he was an extremely late creation so in a huge draft like S46. He was likely to slip under the radar. We didn't reach out to many prospects in 46 because our first pick wasn't until the 5th round. I doubt many GMs have regret on a 5th round pick but Keygan and I were neck and neck on Wawazat and another player. Keygan swallowed his pride and now gets to hold it over my head every draft because the player he wanted to select has become an extremely successful SHLer while Wawazat wouldn't even sign with us. At least we got the blue toy dog meme, that's worth it, right @Keygan? Luckily Keygan and I agreed on our next pick @James Truong who has allowed us to not feel about the whole situation.

Code:
How’s it feel to have a Deep team in EDM with multiple MVP caliber players?

It's absolutely wonderful. We have 2 defensemen in Tor Tuck and Brady McIntyre who have the ability to challenge for top defenseman every year. Pepperoni is coming into his own but we've also got Julio and other young players coming up who could be even better. In goal, we've got the undeniable number one goalie in the league and first-ballot Hall of Famer in my books Tommy Tuck. The players we have give me the utmost confidence that we can win a championship every time the season starts.

Code:
If you could GM with anyone beside Keygan, who would it be?

I've never had the displeasure of working with someone else and why would I want to? Keygan is the dream GM for any co-GM. He trusts me to negotiate and make trades and we're both open to each other's ideas and rarely not on the same page. We've had to make some tough decisions in our time working together but we've never had issues making decisions. If I worked with someone else I'd be afraid that we wouldn't be able to match the chemistry that Keygan and I have.

Code:
Favorite Tuck Brother?

Definitely the lesser-known Torrie Tuck.

Code:
Finally, so you feel that Edmonton is continually heading in the right direction?

I do feel that way! The fact that we've managed to do a mini-rebuild while winning a cup one season and going to the finals another in the past 3 seasons is extremely impressive in my opinion. Truong, Tokolosh, Boivin, Tanner, Finn-Rhys, Scholz, Forty-One, Rune, Pepperoni and Blackwood are all about to enter their prime or are in there prime and we have McIntyre, Rockefeller and the Tucks fighting regression. Going forward we have all our firsts so if we want to add more talent we have the assets to do so. I'm very proud of what we've been able to accomplish.