Create Account

WKP Offseason Report

ready for grading 5950 words

[Image: WestKendall.png]

West Kendall Offseason Report

It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these and with all the big changes going on within the organization I figured this would be a great time to do one. When we last checked in, the Platoon had just started their rebuild and series of goals had been set to try and make the team younger and add to the prospect depth. Since then we’ve accomplished all of the goals that we set out for our franchise and we’ve gone beyond what we originally projected. In this report I’ll be using the same format as my last one so to start things off, let’s look at a few goals the platoon had heading into the offseason.

Quote:-continue adding to prospect depth
-start the youth movement
-improve the roster to better support rookies

Adding to our prospect pool was the first goal of the offseason and we didn’t need to look any further than the SHL draft to accomplish that. Going into the draft the Platoon had the 6th overall pick and 31st overall pick. The lucky thing for us was despite the draft class being relatively shallow, we were able to make good use of 31 overall as our co-gm @Glyc was auto drafted with that pick. This left the door open for us to focus really intently on who we wanted to draft 6th overall.

Quote:With the 6th overall selection in the S52 SHL entry draft, the West Kendall Platoon are thrilled to select, from the Newfoundland Berserkers...

SLATT Potts!

Welcome To West Kendall @Rindiee !
SLATT Potts wasted no time proving why he was worth the 6th overall selection, making his presence known in the locker room and on the ice with his dedication to his training. Potts, along with 31st selection Sabo Tage would be joining an already top heavy prospect pool with the likes of Andrey Barbashev, Lucca Del Vecchio and Indigo Trevino.  (@RaiN @Zoone16 @Carbine )

This brings us to our second goal of the offseason, to start the youth movement. You may have noticed that some fairly big prospects were left out of the list above, well that’s because this season 2 of our S50 draftees got the call to join the Platoon in the big leagues! Karl Krashwagen and Jack Wilson (@CementHands @jtwilson1214 ) have both been working diligently at their crafts since they’ve been drafted and both of them are being rewarded for it this season with a roster spot on the SHL squad. Krashwagen, a scoring focused winger will make his debut on the 3rd and 4th lines, getting to play with a mix of veterans and rookies. Wilson on the other hand will be playing alongside West Kendall Platoon and SHL legend Ludwig Koch Schroder (@Rabidsponge21 ) during his final season in the league. There really couldn’t be a better mentor to take Wilson under their wing.

With the youth movement started, it was time that we look to our final goal of the offseason; to improve the roster to better support rookies. This was going to be very important as the youth movement progresses seeing as it allows us to shelter our rookie’s playing time and expand it as they grow and become more capable. What we want to avoid most of all is having to play a young player in a position way out of their league where they are doomed from the start. To achieve that we looked to make a few small trades during the offseason. Admittedly, those small deals we were looking for ended up quite a bit bigger than expected but we are absolutely ecstatic with how everything went down.

Quote:pride trade:

Yoshimitsu McCloud

Platoon trade:

S52 22nd overall
S54 2nd (WKP)*

*S54 2nd is contingent on McCloud unbanking his current TPE

Our first trade of the offseason saw us touch on 2 of our goals as we added Yoshimitsu McCloud in a transaction that saw two 2nd round picks going back the other way. McCloud brings with him a most pleasant attitude and locker room presence but also contributes to our current youth movement as he is still 4 seasons away from regression, sitting at 800 TPE. Not only does he contribute to our locker room but he will be a big contributor on the ice for the Platoon as well. We really couldn’t be more happy with the player and the person we picked up in @Thunfish

Quote:Tampa Bay Extends Nickola Klaus

S52: 5M
S53: 7M
S54: 6M

To Platoon

Nickolas Klaus

To Barracuda

S53 WKP 4th
S55 WKP 2nd

Our second deal of the offseason was yet again another doozie which saw us progress our youth movement all the while improving our roster. While the plan was originally to pursue this player as an FA, last minute changes during negotiations led to a sign and trade being the preferred route by the player. Knowing the caliber of player we were receiving, we were more than happy to oblige and provide a small return for what would inevitably be a massive part of our team. Sending a reddit 4th and non reddit 2nd to TB got the deal done and with a nice cushy contract extension, Nickolas Klaus was making his way down the street from TB to WKP. At 1200 TPE and with seasons to go until regression, Klaus steps in immediately as the teams 1C for the present and the future. Much like McCloud, he also brings with him an undeniably positive vibe to the LR and has been a fantastic contributor. @Noble

Quote:To Platoon

Kristaps Ball 2M retained S52 and S53
TB S56 3rd

To Barracuda

Karsten Kadinger
WKP S56 2nd
WKP S56 4th

Following our first deal with Tampa saw another come in quick pursuit. In an effort to improve our defensive depth to allow both wilson and glyc’s players time to develop before being thrust into the top 6, We moved long time veteran Karsten Kadinger along with a reddit 2nd and 4th for Kristaps Ball with salary retained and a reddit 3rd. Though already regressing, Ball sits comfortably over the 1100 TPE mark and with a bit of effort in his training could very easily fight regression and hold a top 4 spot on the squad for a few seasons to come. As is he will start off on the top pair playing alongside Rex Kirkby while he gets used to the teams systems. @jcfbey01

Quote:To syndicate

James Dekens
WKP S54 3rd round pick

To Platoon

Kevin Hamilton

Quote:Roster Cut

Player: Boris Denisovich
Reason: roster space
Activity: active
Fine: 2.5M for s52

The last set of roster moves come in tandem as we sent James Dekens over to chicago along with an s54 3rd round pick in return for league veteran Kevin Hamilton. In order to make room, Boris Denisovich had to be let go from the roster, but this move once again contributes to our goal of surrounding our rookies with talented veterans to play with. Hamilton Will fill an important slot alongside rookie Karl Krashwagen in his first season in the SHL on the 3rd line.

All in all it was a very busy offseason for the platoon and I’d definitely say it was a successful one. We managed to achieve all of our goals beyond what we originally projected and the state of our rebuild was drastically accelerated. All that’s left is to keep supporting the rookies as they develop and take over for the older players on the roster. One thing’s for sure though, It’s an exciting time to be in West Kendall

[Image: WestKendall.png]

Platoon Toonza! Platoon

Looking forward to joining the roster in a season.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Platoon Hyped for this season!

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Not bad

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Platoon Exercise

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

We need more of this from everyone! Great job old friend! Smile

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

I still support my WKP as an alum Platoon

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

01-22-2020, 10:50 PMRainDelay Wrote: I still support my WKP as an alum Platoon

You a double-alum.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I hear your peen grows at least one inch after joining wkp. These platoonies are in good hands

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Well, I got my signature updated, hopefully, we can go all the way, right?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

PlatoonW PlatoonK PlatoonP Platoon

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

01-22-2020, 11:43 PM.bojo Wrote: I hear your peen grows at least one inch after joining wkp. These platoonies are in good hands

can confirm peen did grow at least one inch

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]