Create Account

Return of OJ Simpson
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 05:45 PM by Wallflower.)

Bale Excited Before Pre-Season

[Image: 20161202-HIFK-K%C3%A4rp%C3%A4t-0140.jpg]

Oh yeah man, I'm excited. It's been a pretty eventful offseason for me having just gotten drafted to the Winnipeg Jets. I didn't really have any contact with them before the draft and I certainly didn't expect me to get taken by them. When I looked at all the mock drafts I wasn't surprised I wasn't on there, but I thought I was being underrated. Then the Jets took me in a spot that would have been on there, so I would assume that pretty much everybody in the league was surprised with how high I went or just didn't know me. If you would've asked me pre-draft, I would have wanted to go to one of Chicago, LAP, or Minnesota. Minny was the only team that really talked to me extensively, but that was when Chris McZ was there. Then LAP is obviously home to me because my old player, OJ Simpson played there. I think Wasty as my GM back then too, so I obviously would've loved to have gone back there. I have no idea if they had any picks or anything though because I never ended up really looking into any draft information. Then Chicago just has a lot of my friends on there. When I was here previously, I played with Kylrad, Velevra, and Donini, so I definitely had some desire to go there and link back up with my former Panther teammates. I never had an inkling of thought that I would end up in Winnipeg, but I'm glad I did. I know Muerto from the old league, I believe we played on the Blizzard together. Then I obviously got drafted with my SMJHL teammate Strom Chamberlain, so it was pretty cool to have him and HFFO in my draft class.

I don't even know if the team I got drafted to is good, but hopefully I can make them better and help us bring in more talent from knowing guys on the Outlaws and just knowing people around the league. Going into the season, I'm really excited for what the Outlaws have been able to piece together this far. I think that we have 2 defensemen that have surpassed the 425 TPE threshold or whatever. I know we also have Ivan Maximus still as our captain which is pretty excited. You throw those guys together with the like of CT Carragher, Chamberlain, and Rhys Pritchard, and there is a very viable few lines that we are able to roll out. I don't know much about what it takes to win in the SMJHL, but I feel as if we have a quality combination of talent on the team, so we should be pretty effective on the ice if we can figure out which lines are best for us to use.

I know that the WJC is about to take place and I am actually pretty excited. My first time in the SHL there were a lot of Latvians and I liked all of them, so naturally I made my new player Latvian so that I could play with them. My lack of thought led me to end up on a very depleted Latvian team, but it is okay because I am still a Kristaps Porzingis fan. I got selected to the UCORCAL team, which was very exciting because OJ Simpson never made the US team that I know of. It will be my first time seeing how my new build does and we are with Russia and the Czech Republic if I'm not mistaken, so it should be very fun. I don't know if we will win, but I do know that we have a lot of talent on our team that has the potential to do something special. I am hoping that my player is updated for this, but I am not really thinking he will be. Oh well, it will still be a fun experience and fun to see games start again even if they aren't really for anything.

My last successful player was in the NSFL but I got bored because it was pretty much the same exact player and build as my previous player, so I am now excited to get back here and start a new chapter in my sim career. I have had successful players in SSN Reborn, SBA, NSFL, and here before and I fully believe that my player Bale will turn out to be a very solid player. With the money I already have built up in the bank plus a desire to put in work, I feel like I will be able to create a player with a little bit of longevity in this league. My GM's Muerto and especially Donini have been very helpful keeping me updated with what is going on in the league PT wise and opportunities to get TPE, so I am confident I will become even better once I figure out what exactly is going on in the league. I pretty much know nothing except that the Steelhawks just won it all and that the Armada won in the SMJHL. I am very excited for this return to rekindle friendships with old acquaintances and start new sim league friendships. Everybody who didn't draft me is going to regret it because almost every team had the chance to pick me. Excited to fire back up in this league and really get it rocking Cheers

908 word

Be great kiddo, you can do it

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Really good pickup for Jets!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

01-23-2020, 04:14 PMOrbitingDeath Wrote: Be great kiddo, you can do it

you telling me this is like when lebron told luka he was a bad mf'er... just an idol to his son

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

I have no idea who Luka is or what happened :D

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)