Create Account

S52 WFT #0 - Bold Predictions
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 06:15 PM by hotdog.)

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is NOT for SMJHL rookies!
For the first WFT of S52, I'm getting things started a little early as we wait for the season to begin. I've consulted with some members of the PT family and had them offer up some BOLD predictions about the upcoming season: 

Inf1d3l - Toronto will make the playoffs in the East

Luke - Chicago will win the President's Trophy

Donini - Corey Kennedy will become the first defenseman to win a Ron Mexico trophy since Alonzo Garbanzo in S27

hotdog - Tony Pepperoni will become the first player since Ryan Jesster in S8-9 to win back to back Khan awards

Y-man - Johannes Leitner will return to his S49 form and win the McBride award for best goalie again

hotdog - Despite the band-aid, Hamilton be the first team to repeat as champions since the S30-31 Wolfpack

Kelly Clarkson - Buffalo will miss the playoffs for the first time since S45

13th US President Millard Fillmore - Tampa Bay and West Kendall will take the top two spots in the Atlantic

for some reason everybody had takes about the Southwest so:

Donini - SFP will beat out LAP and NOLA to win the division

Blastmeaway - LAP will win the Challenge Cup

Fordy - LAP will win the President's Trophy

Katth - LAP will miss the playoffs

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred - Texas will shock the world and make the playoffs

These predictions are BOLD... which means they're most likely wrong. Your task is to pick one of these that you think is EXTRA wrong and school us on why in 25+ words. 

But that's not all! If you see somebody making a claim you disagree with, you can be our white knight and step in to defend the honor of the PT team - reply to someone's post (in 25+ words) and explain why ACTUALLY,,,,,,, the PT team is right.

Please keep all interactions civil - critique the idea, not the individual. Also please don't tag us when you cite our predictions Smile

All members who meet the criteria (min. 25 words, on topic) will receive 1 capped TPE for the S52 cap. 8-10 users will be selected as Participation+ members for going above and beyond in this task; those users will be awarded an additional 1 uncapped TPE.

Any posts with malicious intent will not be graded.
Deadline: Sunday, January 26th at 10 PM ET

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

hotdog - Tony Pepperoni will become the first player since Ryan Jesster in S8-9 to win back to back Khan awards
I love me some Pepperoni, but with everyone's build damn near the same it's a bit of a crap shoot who will lead the league in scoring each season, let alone who will be deemed MVP by the league. If he can repeat a performance similar to this season he'll have my vote.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 06:31 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

As we know Inf1d3l is a betting man.. and the good bet for Toronto is last place. Don’t get me wrong there’s some solid young talent on that team, but with there recent trades there’s not a skater other then Mika Kadinsky on that roster that’s over 900 tpe.. and that’s just asking STHS for too much of a handout. They’ll be scrappy and win some games here and there but post season is down the line on FHM for the Northstars.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Katth - LAP will miss the playoffs

I think that LAP will have a really strong year with the offseason moves that they have made. They only snuck into the playoffs last season, but I think they were a victim of bad luck in the first half of the year and had a solid squad already. They added Balls Time and Lokitonov to boost their offense, and they showed they have good goaltending last playoffs. I think they will comfortably make the playoffs after improving their team and only makes the West tougher.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

I am going to be debating the idea of TBB and WKP winning the east, specifically the idea of TBB I like the WKP part. I think that due to the fact that the Platoon sacrificed TBB this offseason should firmly put them lower in the standings

Quote:Luke - Chicago will win the President's Trophy

Luke, buddy, pal, friendo, guy, no. Chicago has done some nice things, but as someone with Chicago in their name there's no way that they can make the playoffs against such stacked and brutal competition in the League. Hamilton (TD me for mentioning their name) is still doing Hamilton things, LAP have made so many excellent moves, Calgary is still in great prime position with a deep roster, and what I'm also seeing is a prime lack of drastic action out of Chicago. With this potentially being the absolute last season in STHS, Chicago has not gone "balls to the wall" with the ridiculous changes that would be necessary to make them anything beyond a pipe dream wildcard. Sorry guys, it's not happening

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Leitner will return to form...

Sorry Yousuf, but this just isn’t happening. I like Leitner but look at the conference and you can see that it’s just extremely unlikely. You’ve got some incredibly talented offensive teams and one cheat code and I don’t know if NEWs defense is strong enough to shelter him enough to put up world beating numbers. The other conference got worse so I’d look for one of those goalies to rise up and claim the best goalie honours.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Tony Pepperoni will become the first player since Ryan Jesster in S8-9 to win back to back Khan awards

Yes if only because this is the best name in the history of tounge word sylabels it's a splendid saute of words diarrhea and human capability

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

01-22-2020, 06:37 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
Quote:Luke - Chicago will win the President's Trophy

Luke, buddy, pal, friendo, guy, no. Chicago has done some nice things, but as someone with Chicago in their name there's no way that they can make the playoffs against such stacked and brutal competition in the League. Hamilton (TD me for mentioning their name) is still doing Hamilton things, LAP have made so many excellent moves, Calgary is still in great prime position with a deep roster, and what I'm also seeing is a prime lack of drastic action out of Chicago. With this potentially being the absolute last season in STHS, Chicago has not gone "balls to the wall" with the ridiculous changes that would be necessary to make them anything beyond a pipe dream wildcard. Sorry guys, it's not happening

Really hope the playoffs part is a typo and you meant to say Presidents Trophy.

But I mean, don’t count us out. We gained Dangles and most of the core of the team is just getting to their prime. I don’t think you need to go balls to the wall when you’ve been developing homegrown talent as Chicago has. Do I think we’ll get the trophy? Not really but a pipe dream is a stretch and no playoffs is an even bigger one.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Bold claim: Nola will make it far in the playoffs for once

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

The sim is totally random at times so I think this has a very slim chance of happening. With all due respect, there are better players out there

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

13th US President Millard Fillmore - Tampa Bay and West Kendall will take the top two spots in the Atlantic

This has aged well. Are you serious? Tampa Bay is a SMJHL team in the big leagues. There is no way they even finish at .500. The bolder take is that they will end dead last in the league by a mile.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Let's be honest here, Toronto just doesn't have the talent right now to do much of anything but lose. I hate to sound like a dick, but finishing anywhere but last in the standings this season would be a surprise. Every team goes through it at some point, and right now it is the Toronto.

Kelly Clarkson - Buffalo will miss the playoffs for the first time since S45
I fully expect this to be true. With the likes of Hamilton, Chicago and Toronto all in the same division I think this could be a hot take that comes true.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

01-22-2020, 06:41 PMJNH Wrote:
01-22-2020, 06:37 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Luke, buddy, pal, friendo, guy, no. Chicago has done some nice things, but as someone with Chicago in their name there's no way that they can make the playoffs against such stacked and brutal competition in the League. Hamilton (TD me for mentioning their name) is still doing Hamilton things, LAP have made so many excellent moves, Calgary is still in great prime position with a deep roster, and what I'm also seeing is a prime lack of drastic action out of Chicago. With this potentially being the absolute last season in STHS, Chicago has not gone "balls to the wall" with the ridiculous changes that would be necessary to make them anything beyond a pipe dream wildcard. Sorry guys, it's not happening

Really hope the playoffs part is a typo and you meant to say Presidents Trophy.

But I mean, don’t count us out.  We gained Dangles and most of the core of the team is just getting to their prime.  I don’t think you need to go balls to the wall when you’ve been developing homegrown talent as Chicago has.  Do I think we’ll get the trophy? Not really but a pipe dream is a stretch and no playoffs is an even bigger one.

It was indeed a typo, thank you for catching that. But as bold predictions need bold responses then I'll stick with the belief that Chicago won't even make playoffs and may somebody TD me if I'm wrong

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa