Create Account

ANA/BDonini Punishments

01-22-2020, 09:20 PMTommySalami Wrote:
01-22-2020, 09:18 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I don't know think there is anything in the rules saying someone has to sign with the team that drafted them. Technically I think someone could just say they don't want to play for that team and be a J FA if they wanted to. Unlikely and probably unprecedented I would think.

The reason I think this is significant is can I tell my drafted players to go sign with their SMJHL team instead of me so I don't need to spend any cap on them? I don't think we should allow for the potential of that loophole.
I can definitely see the potential for abuse there. You would also be taking a risk that those players would still want to play for you after you wouldn't sign them. It's definitely a bit of grey area.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

01-22-2020, 09:18 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
01-22-2020, 09:15 PMTommySalami Wrote: Yeah, my point is this player was drafted. If a drafted player (active or not) is cut by an SMJHL team does it allow them to not sign with the SHL team that drafted them?
I don't know think there is anything in the rules saying someone has to sign with the team that drafted them. Technically I think someone could just say they don't want to play for that team and be a J FA if they wanted to. Unlikely and probably unprecedented I would think.

Pretty sure GCool did it recently. I was going to do it, but I was told I'd be unable to do most tpe related stuff.

You don't sign with an shl team, and sign with a J team. It's simple. I don't think there's ever been a J tamper charge though.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

I think the issue is the timing unless I’m interpreting this wrong.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

i feel like i did something like this once

I don't agree with the severity of this punishment. It certainly seems like a very grey area kinda situation, so I can't say a punishment is unfair on its own, but this is way too steep.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

01-22-2020, 09:23 PMGrapehead Wrote: I don't agree with the severity of this punishment. It certainly seems like a very grey area kinda situation, so I can't say a punishment is unfair on its own, but this is way too steep.
100%

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 09:29 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

01-22-2020, 08:22 PMInf1d3l Wrote: over the last 10-12 hours we have deliberated on the best way to proceed based on screenshots provided to HO and information given to us. Simply put, BDonini/ANA contacted a player, who was inactive at the time and on St Louis' roster, about returning to the league and getting onto Anaheim's roster. Donini then contacted the management team of Edmonton about sending down or replacing this player so that he could sign him in Anaheim, after which he proceeded to sign the player in question as an IFA under 200 TPE. Shortly after the player updated a large amount of TPE, rejected the contract offered by Edmonton, and accepted a contract with Anaheim.

That is some Jack Bauer shit.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

01-22-2020, 09:27 PMdankoa Wrote:
01-22-2020, 09:23 PMGrapehead Wrote: I don't agree with the severity of this punishment. It certainly seems like a very grey area kinda situation, so I can't say a punishment is unfair on its own, but this is way too steep.
100%

^

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

an SHL punishment where you go insanely overboard on punishing a team. Color me shocked.

01-22-2020, 09:20 PMTommySalami Wrote:
01-22-2020, 09:18 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I don't know think there is anything in the rules saying someone has to sign with the team that drafted them. Technically I think someone could just say they don't want to play for that team and be a J FA if they wanted to. Unlikely and probably unprecedented I would think.

The reason I think this is significant is can I tell my drafted players to go sign with their SMJHL team instead of me so I don't need to spend any cap on them? I don't think we should allow for the potential of that loophole.

From what I was told, a player who was drafted to an shl team who then enters free agency and signs with a J team is unable to do most tpe earning activities. They're not an smjhl rookie, so, they can't do J tasks. They're not a send down, so they can't do shl tasks. I believe it was that they can only do weekly training or activity checks, I forget now. So yes there's a loophole, but the player is basically foregoing an entire season of tpe.

Agree that punishment is severe, I would've rather seen their update denied so they don't get their crow tpe but stay on anaheim

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

01-22-2020, 09:32 PMSlashACM Wrote: Agree that punishment is severe, I would've rather seen their update denied so they don't get their crow tpe but stay on anaheim

So you want HO to make up even more rules than they already did?

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

01-22-2020, 09:32 PMSlashACM Wrote: Agree that punishment is severe, I would've rather seen their update denied so they don't get their crow tpe but stay on anaheim

Deny his update, and don't let him apply tpe all season. As if is, he can barely earn any. Find a precedent for a J tamper charge, and base the punishment off of that. Don't base it off of an shl punishment.

01-22-2020, 09:28 PMwumaduce Wrote:
01-22-2020, 09:20 PMTommySalami Wrote: The reason I think this is significant is can I tell my drafted players to go sign with their SMJHL team instead of me so I don't need to spend any cap on them? I don't think we should allow for the potential of that loophole.

From what I was told, a player who was drafted to an shl team who then enters free agency and signs with a J team is unable to do most tpe earning activities. They're not an smjhl rookie, so, they can't do J tasks. They're not a send down, so they can't do shl tasks. I believe it was that they can only do weekly training or activity checks, I forget now. So yes there's a loophole, but the player is basically foregoing an entire season of tpe.

That's what I'm being told. I thought it was only for players who went completely undrafted. If they can't do PTs there's not really much to worry about.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

01-22-2020, 09:27 PMdankoa Wrote:
100%

Thirded.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]